Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

FC_Groningen.png

FC Groningen Season 2019/20

Eredivisie - Champions
mTsWlks.png

(will update the table after the play off)

Great to see we managed to defend our title, It was tough battle with PSV, which they fell apart in last 5 games, which Vitesse, won 4 of last 5 to over take them! :eek: We haven't lost a game at home all season in the league 

Dutch Cup - Winners

PV69LzZ.png

Delighted to win this cup. Game was pretty much over by half time in the final.

Europa League - Knocked out by Ajax in 2nd Knockout Round

eS6Jkkl.png

Disappointed we got knocked out to Ajax. We raced to 2-0 up in first leg, blew it.  We attacked and attacked in 2nd leg (25 shots at goal) and couldn't break them down.

Players stats

nLZaB4D.png

Once again, Andrea Pinamonti had a storming season for us, sadly Inter Milan want to play him in first team next season   Heartbreaking for us, but bringing in few strikers for next season to fill the avoid.  Will be looking to offload deadwood players in the summer and promote few young players into first team.

Finances

7o9sGRN.png

Disappointed we are in poor state :( Club are in talk with a consortium to take over the club.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, john1 said:

FC_Groningen.png

FC Groningen Season 2019/20

Eredivisie - Champions
mTsWlks.png

(will update the table after the play off)

Great to see we managed to defend our title, It was tough battle with PSV, which they fell apart in last 5 games, which Vitesse, won 4 of last 5 to over take them! :eek: We haven't lost a game at home all season in the league 

Dutch Cup - Winners

PV69LzZ.png

Delighted to win this cup. Game was pretty much over by half time in the final.

Europa League - Knocked out by Ajax in 2nd Knockout Round

eS6Jkkl.png

Disappointed we got knocked out to Ajax. We raced to 2-0 up in first leg, blew it.  We attacked and attacked in 2nd leg (25 shots at goal) and couldn't break them down.

Players stats

nLZaB4D.png

Once again, Andrea Pinamonti had a storming season for us, sadly Inter Milan want to play him in first team next season   Heartbreaking for us, but bringing in few strikers for next season to fill the avoid.  Will be looking to offload deadwood players in the summer and promote few young players into first team.

Finances

7o9sGRN.png

Disappointed we are in poor state :( Club are in talk with a consortium to take over the club.  

How's Rajkovic been for you? He seems quite good in 18.

I ventured back here last year when FM18 came outbut couldn't get into a save. Now I think I have found one in Moldova in all places, with Sheriff Tiraspol. Certainly the best team in the country but with massive debts and league rules which prohibit amount of foreigners in the first XI to 7 and we have to have at least one U21 in the starting 11 too.

With the league seemingly done and dusted before the campaign starts focus is one Europe, clearing debts and bringing Moldovan's through the academy or signing from other Moldovan teams. Any half decent player goes abroad and many don't come back until the twilight of their careers.

My best player is on loan for one season; Jairo of PAOK an AML and second best is Brezovec who sits as a BWM. All the other foreigners are decent enough but all just signed this season. Home-Grown talent is less talented than I thought they would be but we can get away with a few donkeys.

We start nearly 10mil in debt so signing players and upgrades are out of the question for a season or two. Europe is our money making option, we start in the CL but getting to EL group stages would bring some decent money into the club.

Once i've completed a season I think I will use the mini updates thread to chart my progress with this save.

On 2/27/2018 at 16:13, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

How's Rajkovic been for you? He seems quite good in 18.

He have been superb for us, massively difference to previous keeper. I would highly recommend him. :thup: 

23 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

I ventured back here last year when FM18 came outbut couldn't get into a save. Now I think I have found one in Moldova in all places, with Sheriff Tiraspol. Certainly the best team in the country but with massive debts and league rules which prohibit amount of foreigners in the first XI to 7 and we have to have at least one U21 in the starting 11 too.

With the league seemingly done and dusted before the campaign starts focus is one Europe, clearing debts and bringing Moldovan's through the academy or signing from other Moldovan teams. Any half decent player goes abroad and many don't come back until the twilight of their careers.

My best player is on loan for one season; Jairo of PAOK an AML and second best is Brezovec who sits as a BWM. All the other foreigners are decent enough but all just signed this season. Home-Grown talent is less talented than I thought they would be but we can get away with a few donkeys.

We start nearly 10mil in debt so signing players and upgrades are out of the question for a season or two. Europe is our money making option, we start in the CL but getting to EL group stages would bring some decent money into the club.

Once i've completed a season I think I will use the mini updates thread to chart my progress with this save.

Looking forward to it :cool: 

On ‎23‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 16:23, JJFM said:

I have an FM16 save where I've just finished the 2035/2036 season and I was wandering if there was any intrest to start a thread for it. I would either focus on my current club or I would maybe do a Journey through the season in a TV/Radio style. 

On ‎23‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 16:38, Deisler26 said:

If you want to do it and you enjoy doing it, you will get the viewers. There is no guaranteed way to get people to read it.

I have my own career thread that has no feedback whatsoever :D but I enjoy doing it, it keeps me motivated to keep going and it's a nice way to look back at where I started (oh boy was that first Balotesti team crap or what...). So if you want to do it, go ahead!

On 3/7/2018 at 11:00, kingjericho said:

I have my own career thread that has no feedback whatsoever :D but I enjoy doing it, it keeps me motivated to keep going and it's a nice way to look back at where I started (oh boy was that first Balotesti team crap or what...). So if you want to do it, go ahead!

I go through stages of looking at this thread or that thread and don't always post. 

@JJFMTry not to worry about whether other people are reading it or responding. My attitude is that I am doing the updates for me and if anyone else reads them then it's a bonus. If you start thinking that you want to get this many views or that many responses then you are probably going to be disappointed.

As Kevin Costner never said, if you write it, someone will read it. 

21 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Whats the best image hosting site nowadays?

I found imgBB which lets upload unlimited photos, create albums, and link all of thease easily into the post (as links, thumbnails, direct images, etc). Really liking it so far.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've just seen a tweet that Tranmere Rovers have announced that they are going to be forced to close their Academy. Might be a good idea for a Scouse-based Youth save at some point? 

With one of the smaller clubs on Merseyside too such as Tranmere, Southport etc. Get to the top only using players from Merseyside/Lancashire. Initially you'll get plenty of cast offs from Liverpool/Everton and the other Lancashire clubs at least until you get your own academy in order.Plus the place is a hotbed of taelnt.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/8363278/Liverpool-is-top-of-the-footballers-birthplace-league.html

I know this is a more tactical question, but I don't really go anywhere else so.....

What FM role(duty) and IR's would you use to best replicate the play of Marko Arnautovic?

The reason I ask is that I simply haven't a scooby. 

I can't even really work out which line he usually plays in. 

There are no wrong answers here so please just say whatever comes into your mind. I don't think I have ever been so confused by a player before.

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I know this is a more tactical question, but I don't really go anywhere else so.....

What FM role(duty) and IR's would you use to best replicate the play of Marko Arnautovic?

There are no wrong answers here so please just say whatever comes into your mind. I don't think I have ever been so confused by a player before.

I haven't watched him lately, but if you want to emulate a wide player that can wander around the pitch, maybe a Trequartista role? I know he doesn't have a lot of work rate so that may suit him well.

---

One of the ways to increase a player's value is to give a new contract, with longer duration and higher wages. If you have a player who has clubs interested and you want to make a good deal out of him, do you sell him as is, or do you try getting him on a better contract and hopefully sell him for more? The downside is that you need to spend on a signing fee and higher wages, etc.

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Either a Shadow Striker or, as @kingjericho said, a Trequartista.

https://image.ibb.co/fH7HYG/leagues.png

This is my starting setup, the 2 star processing speed means that often in the weekends (game calendar) I can have to wait 1-2 minutes for all the processing to be done.

Is it beneficial to remove some nations as I progress in my save? I don't plan to return to Romania or Norway so there should be no problem in disabling those leagues. What's your experience with adding/removing nations in the middle of a save?

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

Is it beneficial to remove some nations as I progress in my save? I don't plan to return to Romania or Norway so there should be no problem in disabling those leagues. What's your experience with adding/removing nations in the middle of a save?

Yes. If I hadn't removed leagues I'd have been 3 or 4 seasons behind. Or abandoned the save and thrown away the laptop from the window onto the street in frustration.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Yes. If I hadn't removed leagues I'd have been 3 or 4 seasons behind. Or abandoned the save and thrown away the laptop from the window onto the street in frustration.

Good to know. My current plan is, as I have 13 nations loaded (with all divisions), I plan to remove 3 nations once I'm done with them, and do that until I have a smaller DB to process.

I don't know whether to keep my wall-o-text mental breakdown (and replies) I had during the match-fixing relegation season or not in my update thread.

On the one hand it's embarrassing, I look crazy and it's a wall-o-text. On the other hand it at least shows how mad, rigged and infuriating that season was.

Thanks.

So this is what it looks like now, (and I haven't changed anything).

d4b77433c3224794b4eadab4b8cd687d.png

And this was the last game. 

35d731beb294fc72af846847e91fd3a0.png

So Embleton (Bal) Should have taken the penalty in the 79th minute, and (assuming he scored), the 80th minute goal would have been his 4th. 

I'm not sure why it's not working.

@Jimbokav1971 that's weird, maybe the othet guy is the captain? I have no idea.

---------------

A general question: when you are looking to change clubs and start applying for jobs, do you think resigning from the current job gives you a better chance in getting a new one? I ask because my contract in PSV expires at the end of the month and I will leave, I just want to know if during this month I have a better chance of landing another job if I'm unemployed, rather than still at PSV.

32 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

@Jimbokav1971 that's weird, maybe the othet guy is the captain? I have no idea.

---------------

A general question: when you are looking to change clubs and start applying for jobs, do you think resigning from the current job gives you a better chance in getting a new one? I ask because my contract in PSV expires at the end of the month and I will leave, I just want to know if during this month I have a better chance of landing another job if I'm unemployed, rather than still at PSV.

Yes. I can't speak for recent games, but as far back as at least 2007 being currently employed would even affect if you could get certain international jobs (even though clubs don't care if you apply for international jobs or manage a country while still at the club).

If you're on a contract, they have to pay compensation. The lower your wage and closer you are to the end of your contract, the less they'd have to pay (and the less your club would have to pay if they sack you, making your job more insecure on shorter contracts).

But I know you can ask to delay an offer until the end of the season if you're close, so perhaps this is all bollocks.

1 hour ago, git2thachoppa said:

Yes. I can't speak for recent games, but as far back as at least 2007 being currently employed would even affect if you could get certain international jobs (even though clubs don't care if you apply for international jobs or manage a country while still at the club).

If you're on a contract, they have to pay compensation. The lower your wage and closer you are to the end of your contract, the less they'd have to pay (and the less your club would have to pay if they sack you, making your job more insecure on shorter contracts).

But I know you can ask to delay an offer until the end of the season if you're close, so perhaps this is all bollocks.

That makes sense and I always consider the compensation, the thing is I only have 2 weeks left on my contract and, to avoid not risking losing any good offers I think I'll just resign and see what comes up during the summer.

17 hours ago, kingjericho said:

That makes sense and I always consider the compensation, the thing is I only have 2 weeks left on my contract and, to avoid not risking losing any good offers I think I'll just resign and see what comes up during the summer.

Until someone who knows better says different, that's the safe option, not like you'll miss anything. Plus I'm guessing the current employer gets arsey about you applying for jobs no matter how close they let your contract get to running out.

Bumped into a cool YouTube channel for us FM players and hipsters. It shows the stadia of teams in random leagues.

Some real interesting and daunting designs out there.

With some countries like Iran you'll see a real difference between the bigger clubs and smaller clubs. Some stadia which is basically dirt with seats on them, and others are like a sea of humanity bearing down on the pitch, and some quirky and modern designs.

Or Chile, which have some beautiful low oval bowl stadiums which seem to integrate the skyline into the viewing experience for a real atmosphere.

There are varying standards in all leagues though. It’s crazy. Look at Switzerland for example. 

St Jakob Park (Basel)

BE21FDF5-17C9-4648-BA8F-4D71D21C12C5.jpeg.4abd91e0f66b49dc25fb95d76d102374.jpeg

stadion de Suisse (Bern)

711683C7-CB68-4900-B511-3EB075FD1683.thumb.jpeg.0df20ed3ea455131cc8897ed21fa78d7.jpeg

Stadion Brügglifeld (Aarau)

14E9C5B0-CB3C-4BF5-9377-BEF90B6CC17C.thumb.jpeg.e43ad714cdb53c54afb122f9c063598b.jpeg

Stadio Corneredo (Lugano)

C374564A-6628-44F0-984F-3CD1A182DC68.thumb.jpeg.090523c99598830d4c06b70d405ba1e7.jpeg

Until Aarau got relegated 2 seasons ago, these are/were top tier stadiums. Guess where I went on away days to? Lucky me...

On 3/15/2018 at 16:37, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks.

So this is what it looks like now, (and I haven't changed anything).

d4b77433c3224794b4eadab4b8cd687d.png

And this was the last game. 

35d731beb294fc72af846847e91fd3a0.png

So Embleton (Bal) Should have taken the penalty in the 79th minute, and (assuming he scored), the 80th minute goal would have been his 4th. 

I'm not sure why it's not working.

Neve worked for me either

Good Afternoon fellow gaffers!!

Has anyone posted updates on their own team (if you coach yourself)

I have been debating it, Be a good way of sharing your ups and downs and getting some moral support away from the players! haha

Many fellow "RL" coaches/managers here with me?

Archived