Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
calcal

Real Life Career Updates?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Been messing about in Germany, and just had an intake, @Jimbokav1971 you'll love/hate this....

6b4a90239e36b101993e8aeb225604f5.png

All the good ones are 14! 14!!!!

Of course, in Germany they can't play until they're 17, so they're a long, long way away from debuts.

Ahh... That old FM saw. "The only thing better than a 15 year-old Spaniard is a 14 year-old German."

And... now I'm on a list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ManUtd1 said:

Ahh... That old FM saw. "The only thing better than a 15 year-old Spaniard is a 14 year-old German."

And... now I'm on a list.

I'm fairly sure you've been on that list a while. Probably just underlined your name in red....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I'm fairly sure you've been on that list a while. Probably just underlined your name in red....

Again?

:-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Been messing about in Germany, and just had an intake, @Jimbokav1971 you'll love/hate this....

6b4a90239e36b101993e8aeb225604f5.png

All the good ones are 14! 14!!!!

Of course, in Germany they can't play until they're 17, so they're a long, long way away from debuts.

But can they do it on a cold, rainy night in Hamburg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

Again?

:-)

 

Can never be enough, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, git2thachoppa said:

But can they do it on a cold, rainy night in Hamburg?

Ludwigshafen is worse. There's plenty to do in Hamburg on a cold wet night. Ludwigshafen is just bleak...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 20:02, mark1985 said:

Ludwigshafen is worse. There's plenty to do in Hamburg on a cold wet night. Ludwigshafen is just bleak...

Well the place is twinned with Romford/Havering so it's not ****ing surprising it's bleak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5a7cb4812e2f8_table2020-2021.thumb.png.fcdfee3d8ca735a290fe208d7851c885.png

4 seasons in and one promotion later we sit in midtable and are on the up. hopefully we'll able to reach the premier league one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 11:35, BoxToBox said:

Been messing about in Germany, and just had an intake, @Jimbokav1971 you'll love/hate this....

6b4a90239e36b101993e8aeb225604f5.png

All the good ones are 14! 14!!!!

Of course, in Germany they can't play until they're 17, so they're a long, long way away from debuts.

Nothing to hate there. :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Nothing to hate there. :applause:

I was thinking to hate that it doesn't happen in more leagues to give them time to develop, like England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I was thinking to hate that it doesn't happen in more leagues to give them time to develop, like England.

Is it only Germany that has 14 year old regens? I've played a lot in Austria and Switzerland and can't remember seeing any there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Is it only Germany that has 14 year old regens? I've played a lot in Austria and Switzerland and can't remember seeing any there

I know they can pop up in France too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone managing in Holland? Just about 4 games left to finish my second season with FC Groningen. Sitting top with 2 points ahead of Ajax and PSV. Got knocked out by Spartak Moscow in Europa League Second Knockout stages, 4-3 on agg :( Had decent youth intakes in first season but awful in second youth intakes :( None of them are good enough to get signed up.

First season, finished 6th.

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, john1 said:

Is anyone managing in Holland? Just about 4 games left to finish my second season with FC Groningen. Sitting top with 2 points ahead of Ajax and PSV. Got knocked out by Spartak Moscow in Europa League Second Knockout stages, 4-3 on agg :( Had decent youth intakes in first season but awful in second youth intakes :( None of them are good enough to get signed up.

First season, finished 6th.

Do you need to ask? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, john1 said:

Is anyone managing in Holland? Just about 4 games left to finish my second season with FC Groningen. Sitting top with 2 points ahead of Ajax and PSV. Got knocked out by Spartak Moscow in Europa League Second Knockout stages, 4-3 on agg :( Had decent youth intakes in first season but awful in second youth intakes :( None of them are good enough to get signed up.

First season, finished 6th.

Never managed in Holland, but how are you youth facilities/junior coaching/youth recruitment? Those plus a large slice of luck are the keys to a good youth intake. Once you’ve got them there, it’s all about the HOYD, youth + training facilities, youth coaches, tutoring and playing time to help them fulfill their potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark1985 said:

Never managed in Holland, but how are you youth facilities/junior coaching/youth recruitment? Those plus a large slice of luck are the keys to a good youth intake. Once you’ve got them there, it’s all about the HOYD, youth + training facilities, youth coaches, tutoring and playing time to help them fulfill their potential.

sjUTaPN.jpg

My HOYD
jB46pwi.jpg

Just looked at Ajax and PSV, and they got couple good youngsters coming through. :(  Which I had to look at other clubs to poach their regens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, john1 said:

 

My HOYD


Just looked at Ajax and PSV, and they got couple good youngsters coming through. :(  Which I had to look at other clubs to poach their regens.

What kind of skin is that? It tricked me into thinking you were playing like, FM07 or FM08, because it's the same font from way back then. :lol:

Edited by noikeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, noikeee said:

What kind of skin is that? It tricked me into thinking you were playing like, FM07 or FM08, because it's the same font from way back then. :lol:

Coincidence? :ackter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nPofo6j.png
:cool: Won the league with a game left. Lucky for us that Ajax and PSV slipped up last few games. We are 4 points clear of Ajax, going into last game of the season.

Suf1kpv.jpg
9SH3MBP.jpg
28sZsUi.jpg
Have to say those 3 guys, fired us to win the league. Staggering stats between 3 of them :cool: I would definitely recommend Phakamani Mahlambi :thup: Cost me a mere 1M. I have also managed to tie Pinamonti to another season for us :cool: Walter just became a icon for the club :D And Mahlambi as favoured personnel :cool:  

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHpJt4N.png
I would say this match won us the league. :thup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Congratulations! :applause:

Cheers! We won the title with squad average age of 23 :cool:  Looking to play few youngsters next season, to replace few players. Might look at bringing in new goalkeeper as I rate Pradt, highly but feel time to look for goalkeeper to replace him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cnsND0h.jpg
Erugh, finished the season with 4-1 loss to Willem II, away :( But won the league by a point as Ajax won their game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been asked to attend interview for Schalke job, Which I attended. I got a soft spot for them as they had decent team few years ago. I might do separate save and go for Schalke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, john1 said:

Just been asked to attend interview for Schalke job, Which I attended. I got a soft spot for them as they had decent team few years ago. I might do separate save and go for Schalke?

I’ve been wanting to do a german save for a while. It’s just the whole naming thing that does me (cba to go through and change them all) plus would wanna do a lower league save. I would go for it though. How they doing in your save?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark1985 said:

I’ve been wanting to do a german save for a while. It’s just the whole naming thing that does me (cba to go through and change them all) plus would wanna do a lower league save. I would go for it though. How they doing in your save?

It's really simple to change the name if you look on FM Scout or Sortitoutsi. :thup: 

Have no idea :D Just added their league playable, and their manager left.

I am also getting frustrated with the club, our finances is dwindling down, Had 30M in the bank and now going down to under 10M :mad:

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark1985 said:

I’ve been wanting to do a german save for a while. It’s just the whole naming thing that does me (cba to go through and change them all) plus would wanna do a lower league save. I would go for it though. How they doing in your save?

Getting the download takes two minutes.  Instantly corrects all team names and the German and Japanese national teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Boston promoted to League 2 in my third season with them in the Conference, fifth season overall. Was promoted second season in the Conference North. 96% confidence, no failed philosophies or anything. Yet, for some reason, they've decided to sack me and I have no idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to load up my  FC Groningen save, as I wasn't enjoying Schalke as much I did with FC Groningen. Club finances is shocking state :( 

he2e8Ro.png

You could see it was rising up to under 40M. Club also took out 34M loan to expand the stadium to 28K, paying 307K per month. Might have to be forced into selling our key players if it carries on going down, chairman is already in talks regarding takeover.

Also got PSG, Inter and FC Porto as our senior parent clubs. PSG paying 224K. Inter 125K and FC Porto - 126K. And we got FFA COE and Miami (USA) for merchandising. Emmen and Viltorul to send players on loan to.

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rq3BiB8.png

Tough!! But I think we can snatch 3rd. And we are only Dutch club playing in Champions League :(  Ajax got knocked knocked in play off by Club Brugge :D 

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never know, batten down the hatches away, and catch them on the break at home, you could do something special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Never know, batten down the hatches away, and catch them on the break at home, you could do something special.

At the moment, I am playing  counter mentality which suits us alot. Might try defensive against Chelsea and Bayern.

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GaJPB6o.png 1LhT3iK.png

giphy.gif

 

Wow wow. Didn't see this coming at all :eek:  Oh and **** you Luis Enrique! Before the match he said we are "easy" opponent.

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john1 said:

 

 

Wow wow. Didn't see this coming at all :eek:  Oh and **** you Luis Enrique! Before the match he said we are "easy" opponent.

Told ya! :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's particularly rewarding to see Bayern get ****ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, noikeee said:

It's particularly rewarding to see Bayern get ****ed.

Couldn't agree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


aop3BxS.png

aop3BxS.png

 

So close to grabbing second place :( Draw against Club Brugge away have cost us, we wasn't good enough. Gutted we draw 3-3 to Chelsea, despite taking 3-1 lead :(:(  Been approached by Wolfsburg and Ajax. Ajax are currently 15th (also 2 games in hand) sacked their manager. Attended Wolfsburg interview, but declined the job as I feel i got unfinished business with FC Groningen. Now it's getting harder, seems this will be last season Andrea Pinamonti, will be playing for us :( Inter wants to play him next season. Buggered.  Walter González, wants to leave the club for Gladbach. Lyon and Porto are interested in him as well. Pissed off with board, as we lost 5-1 to Bayern, and they aren't unhappy with the result :rolleyes: They are miles better than us ffs.

Edited by john1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that horrible point of not knowing who to start a save as. Did have one in Hong Kong but I didn't like it. Then thought about Wellington Phoenix but they can't qualify for continental football. Perhaps, start at the bottom division in a big nation to tick that one off. Never managed in Spain before - or Germany. Any recommended bottom tier clubs from those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter G said:

In that horrible point of not knowing who to start a save as. Did have one in Hong Kong but I didn't like it. Then thought about Wellington Phoenix but they can't qualify for continental football. Perhaps, start at the bottom division in a big nation to tick that one off. Never managed in Spain before - or Germany. Any recommended bottom tier clubs from those?

By bottom division, you mean out of the box, right? 

For Spain, try Castellon or one of the Balearic or Canary Islands clubs. @smp20 had a great run with Castellon on 17, he had some lovable players on that side. For Germany, I'd go with Magdeburg (used to be one of the best sides in East Germany, and actually won a UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1974, but have floundered since unification). If you want to go for a smaller club, try Lotte or Großaspach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oriole01 said:

By bottom division, you mean out of the box, right? 

For Spain, try Castellon or one of the Balearic or Canary Islands clubs. @smp20 had a great run with Castellon on 17, he had some lovable players on that side. For Germany, I'd go with Magdeburg (used to be one of the best sides in East Germany, and actually won a UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1974, but have floundered since unification). If you want to go for a smaller club, try Lotte or Großaspach.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that those. I would do another English save and go from the bottom to the top but I've done that to death and after Boston sacked me after winning the Conference National, I'll leave that for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2018 at 13:37, Peter G said:

In that horrible point of not knowing who to start a save as. Did have one in Hong Kong but I didn't like it. Then thought about Wellington Phoenix but they can't qualify for continental football. Perhaps, start at the bottom division in a big nation to tick that one off. Never managed in Spain before - or Germany. Any recommended bottom tier clubs from those?

 

Thought about doing a Southend United save? Could be quite cool to bring success to Essex and maybe even get that new ground they've been after for so long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2018 at 16:57, PaulHartman71 said:

 

Thought about doing a Southend United save? Could be quite cool to bring success to Essex and maybe even get that new ground they've been after for so long!

I don't know why, but I always struggle to do a save as my team. Might wait for the winter update and then do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an FM16 save where I've just finished the 2035/2036 season and I was wandering if there was any intrest to start a thread for it. I would either focus on my current club or I would maybe do a Journey through the season in a TV/Radio style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JJFM said:

I have an FM16 save where I've just finished the 2035/2036 season and I was wandering if there was any intrest to start a thread for it. I would either focus on my current club or I would maybe do a Journey through the season in a TV/Radio style. 

If you want to do it and you enjoy doing it, you will get the viewers. There is no guaranteed way to get people to read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...