Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I like Stabaek, Brondby and Malmo.

:thup:

Think I'll load up the top leagues in Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Faroe Islands to get some decent Scandinavians.

Later on in the save, will the other European nations still be competitive in Europe if their leagues aren't loaded as playable? 

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

:thup:

Think I'll load up the top leagues in Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Faroe Islands to get some decent Scandinavians.

Later on in the save, will the other European nations still be competitive in Europe if their leagues aren't loaded as playable? 

They should be, but it'll be a little less dynamic, mostly the current big crop stay big, if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Seconded on Malmo. AIK is good fun, too - huge stadium. 

I'm doing up a list now, mainly looking at training facilities, youth facilities and youth recruitment. Then I'll have a look at the histories to narrow it down further.

I've loaded Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland as playable. 

38 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

IF Brommapojkarna in the Swedish third tier are a good shout - start low down but have a tremendous youth academy.

Only have the top tier loaded but cheers for the thought! 

9 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They should be, but it'll be a little less dynamic, mostly the current big crop stay big, if I remember correctly.

I'm alright with that. Don't want the processing to take ages because of having to have the big nations loaded as well.

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Long as you don't know about the... incident.

Incident?? What incident? *frantically searches forum to find out what incident is referenced to*

Just now, Benjoe said:

Incident?? What incident? *frantically searches forum to find out what incident is referenced to*

*In reality lied about frantically searching* Go ahead. Tell me. It's okay. You can tell me. No really. It's okay.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Thinking of trying again with the concept of my last thread, only starting with all the coaching badges this time. Something should be coming up later tonight or tomorrow.

Nice. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Thinking of trying again with the concept of my last thread, only starting with all the coaching badges this time. Something should be coming up later tonight or tomorrow.

Great, Riku! 

5 hours ago, Benjoe said:

*In reality lied about frantically searching* Go ahead. Tell me. It's okay. You can tell me. No really. It's okay.

I can't risk my status as king of Denmark by letting it be publicly known.

This Slavia Sofia save is a bundle of fun. 

d3a7aadee26efc371be27892c969396a.png

Playing the Youth pretty much turned half of them into Good/Star Div players by the 4-5 month stage and we motored on from then after the winter break. Choked the title to Ludogorets over the last few games though.

450b47c0ba8bf9f2c6e19e75761b9d14.png

Rijeka next so Euro Groups is a definite possibility.

Only downside is the Board keep accepting bids for the best players we have, we're getting a ton of cash for Facilities etc; though so it's an interesting position.   

6 hours ago, Mushtaq said:

@DazRTaylor what happened to the Samoa save? I followed the first season but now looks like it is gone?  

I had a bug in the save.  Namely, after winning the title, I was not given the option to register players for the OFC Champions League, so I had a squad with "Unr" by their name and I was going to have to play eleven blacked out players.

A game breaker for me.

If I run a small nation save again, it will be an SI league I think.  Maybe Gibraltar or Finland.  Not sure yet.

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I had a bug in the save.  Namely, after winning the title, I was not given the option to register players for the OFC Champions League, so I had a squad with "Unr" by their name and I was going to have to play eleven blacked out players.

A game breaker for me.

If I run a small nation save again, it will be an SI league I think.  Maybe Gibraltar or Finland.  Not sure yet.

That sucks, and definitely a game breaker. 

Just now, BoxToBox said:

Got it! Fantastic!

Cheers for letting me know.

Cheers, I'm trying to convert you completely to become a Brøndby fan, have to do it properly! :D

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Cheers, I'm trying to convert you completely to become a Brøndby fan, have to do it properly! :D

You'll never get me completely :D, but they're definitely my favourite Danish club now.

It's impossible, not even for all the grapefruit!

Gosh darn it! You Irish (see, I remember you aren't scottish!) Are stubborn people.

Just now, Benjoe said:

Gosh darn it! You Irish (see, I remember you aren't scottish!) Are stubborn people.

Stubborn and loyal to a fault. It takes something special to withstand a Moyes reign.

26 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I reckon the Danish and Irish have a lot in common, which again may be partly due to the Vikings.

Agree. Some grit and solidarity mixed with stubbornness, loyalty and to some extent stupidity. :lol:

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Well, that was an unmitigated disaster!

Ended up missing the second half too, as I had to go to work for an hour.

Yeah. It didn't really go that well. I'd say Brøndby were marginally better playing as a whole, but they were careless in defence and all 3 goals conceded after set pieces/goalkeeper distribution. 

What sort of work calls you in for just one hour?

34 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Yeah. It didn't really go that well. I'd say Brøndby were marginally better playing as a whole, but they were careless in defence and all 3 goals conceded after set pieces/goalkeeper distribution. 

What sort of work calls you in for just one hour?

Being king of Denmark of course, I needed to do some royal stuff.

Seriously, I'm a monumental sculptor, got a call at half time that we needed to collect some supplies for tomorrow. Literally 15 minutes work, with a 20-25 minute trip either side.

21 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

*cough*

giphy.gif

I wish.

26 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

*cough*

giphy.gif

:lol:

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Being king of Denmark of course, I needed to do some royal stuff.

Seriously, I'm a monumental sculptor, got a call at half time that we needed to collect some supplies for tomorrow. Literally 15 minutes work, with a 20-25 minute trip either side.

I wish.

Aye, makes sense.

That sounds pretty cool. You've ever sculptured something really cool? 

9 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

:lol:

Aye, makes sense.

That sounds pretty cool. You've ever sculptured something really cool? 

Not really that kind of sculpting, I most engrave headstones. I should have explained properly. Tomorrow is concrete floors, bah.

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Not really that kind of sculpting, I most engrave headstones. I should have explained properly. Tomorrow is concrete floors, bah.

Uh, oh, I see. That's a wee bit different from the giant head sculptures I was envisioning. :D

Geez, I've never seen this in FM before, a CPU manager picks up a newgen son....

3f1d6c27d315df9fe077166271198a96.jpg

f173142a2f9b4a246fc5a96c44a5fc2b.png

Looks like a tidy wee holding mid too, no idea if he has much potential though. Being a (for now) League 1 side, our standards aren't quite that high, 5* for us may still be crap for Man Utd.

Geez, I've never seen this in FM before, a CPU manager picks up a newgen son....

3f1d6c27d315df9fe077166271198a96.jpg

f173142a2f9b4a246fc5a96c44a5fc2b.png

Looks like a tidy wee holding mid too, no idea if he has much potential though. Being a (for now) League 1 side, our standards aren't quite that high, 5* for us may still be crap for Man Utd.

Erhm why is Jose Mourinho both father and brother to Filipe??? :lol:

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

84f52596ec645599c413dc0b726cb9c0.png

There's two of them!

Ahh **** me. Didn't realize his legitimate real life son was in the game and was a gk too. Still, haven't experienced a manager getting a son either though. 

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Just started a save with Man Utd. They have 38 scouts. 38.

95bd5cfd8d0dd3817c2d4166216cb13f.png

I think the board may have a freaking point!

Yeah what a ridiculous number, they have way more.

Archived