Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
calcal

Real Life Career Updates?

So if you use a picture of yourself wearing sunglasses to create a generated profile pic within the game.... then this is what you get....

0e3d21c5-98cc-4a5a-9739-2645d80dc607_zps

I look like a Marvel Villain. :lol:

I can't use it at all, because I have a massive round head, long hair, glasses and a beard, end up looking like a rotten watermelon.

Love the new views, and so far it isn't crossing smashing everyone.

I've just posted in Makoto Nakamura's thread but it's worth repeating here that the same legal restrictions regarding the discussion of the German national team situation on these forums apply to the Brazilian team names, especially regarding any potential 'fixes' which will result in post deletion. Since I imagine it will come up quite a bit this year I thought people should know.

I'm enjoying it so far. Just messing around on the beta before I do my thread on release day

Question for anyone who has MLS active (I'm at work at won't be home for another 6+ hours, and then have to finish downloading the beta that Steam lied to me about how long it would take):

Can you confirm that Minnesota United and Atlanta United are in the game? Thought I saw them in the FM17 features video

Just now, Jason the Yank said:

Question for anyone who has MLS active (I'm at work at won't be home for another 6+ hours, and then have to finish downloading the beta that Steam lied to me about how long it would take):

Can you confirm that Minnesota United and Atlanta United are in the game? Thought I saw them in the FM17 features video

They are indeed.

7 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They are indeed.

Cool-io. :thup:

edit: Will be interesting to see if the 2018 season includes LAFC and Miami (I doubt it, since Miami still hasn't finalized a stadium plan).

Edited by Jason the Yank

7 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

Cool-io. :thup:

edit: Will be interesting to see if the 2018 season includes LAFC and Miami (I doubt it, since Miami still hasn't finalized a stadium plan).

The clubs would be already in the game if they were, I think, and I can find no sign of them.

does anyone know how long does it usually take for additional playable leagues(georgia, armenia, azerbaijan, etc.) to become available for FM17? 

[edit] I'm considering a new eastern-european career/thread and I'd happily do it on FM16 as I expect these leagues will take at least 2-3 months to get ready. although it looks like the audience for that would be minimal given the new FM flurry) 

Edited by LPQR

Finished downloading the beta and.....first it froze up on the titles screen. Then it froze up on the "loading" screen.

Deleted and redownloading, hoping it's just that the gap in the first download (had to shut it down to go to work) caused a hiccup.

is there any way to embed a youtube clip in a post alligning it in the center? can't seem to find a way to do it, it always sticks to the left side

On 18/10/2016 at 16:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

I hardly ever venture onto the main board for just this very reason. I used to love GQ and OTF to a lesser extent, but I think I would rather pull my own teeth than venture in there now. There are eegits everywhere, but especially online and as I have grown older my tolerance level for...... eegits, has become almost non-existent. 

I really can't be doing with eegits nowadays.

Yet you still communicate with me.

Just posted a massive post, and when it confirmed, all the text had disappeared, leaving only the pics! Never had that happen before.

Unbelievable debut match for Guatemala in the 2010 World Cup: 2 goals and 3 red cards in about half an hour.

Watch out for the World Cup update in my thread. :idiot:

England offering me the job even though I'm an unproven manager in Serie C. :lol: I'll have to reject for realism's sake.

Hi Mods in here. 

I gave 10 lots of rep yesterday so received this message. Now though, despite it being a new day, I'm still at my limit. Any idea what's going on? 

You are only allowed to give reputation 10 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today.
  • OK

Edited by Jimbokav1971

47 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

England offering me the job even though I'm an unproven manager in Serie C. :lol: I'll have to reject for realism's sake.

The way the England job is going this could happen :lol:

26 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Is it still within 24hrs Jimbo?

Yes it is actually. Is that the issue?

Probably. Try again after enough time has passed since the first times you gave people rep.

have a few ideas for a new career in FM17, mostly based on developing eastern european football. Just a shout out to the community to see if anyone would be interested in following a 'rise from the ashes' type of story in Romania? 

Cheers guys

8 minutes ago, LPQR said:

have a few ideas for a new career in FM17, mostly based on developing eastern european football. Just a shout out to the community to see if anyone would be interested in following a 'rise from the ashes' type of story in Romania? 

Cheers guys

I definitely would :thup:

Romania would be interesting, certainly.

just realized the team I want to manage is in the 4th Romanian league so I'll probably have to wait a month or two before somebody releases the custom leagues for eastern europe...arrgh

30 minutes ago, noikeee said:

That's my kind of career.

is that a territorial warning or a pat on the back? )

I hate that! There was an amateur club in Bulgaria last year, with nice(for the level) youth recruitment that I badly wanted to play as and do a youth only save. They were two divisions below playable though, and I couldn't find a custom Bulgarian league file.

It's a pain waiting for the editor files you want to start a proper save!

1 hour ago, AcidBurn said:

I feel your pain. It's all good though, to pass the time I've created a story from my FM15 save to link into my new FM17 game :cool:

the solidarity is getting to me! )

3 hours ago, LPQR said:

just realized the team I want to manage is in the 4th Romanian league so I'll probably have to wait a month or two before somebody releases the custom leagues for eastern europe...arrgh

is that a territorial warning or a pat on the back? )

You think I've got copyright on all Eastern European saves? :D

Might not be worth waiting out for a Romania file tbh, you can usually find a lot of added leagues, but expansions are rare. Might well be that nobody creates one, or it's only available on obscure Romanian sites. You'd be better off either doing something else, or creating it yourself on the editor!

2 hours ago, AcidBurn said:

For real, I want so many leagues for my massive journeyman. Which is why I went for another "proper save" idea to tackle first, that doesn't need an editor.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Might not be worth waiting out for a Romania file tbh, you can usually find a lot of added leagues, but expansions are rare. Might well be that nobody creates one, or it's only available on obscure Romanian sites. You'd be better off either doing something else, or creating it yourself on the editor!

) who knows, i thought maybe those 10 years in Sofia changed you and you're exhibiting some typical Bulgarian imperialist vibes :D

on a serious note though, it seems like that's the most likely scenario. I'll have to figure out something new, maybe managing a central european club with some interesting history, think czech republic, hungary or poland... suggestions are welcome!

[edit]

sorted out a club for myself. literally)

Edited by LPQR

Quick question guys...does anyone know what font and what size is used when making a post on here?  I can see the option to change the size of the font but no option to change the font.  If I remember correctly, you used to be able choose from 4 or 5 fonts when making a post...

@RawareYou used to be able to change the font, but that's before the forum changed recently.  The size of the font is 14, but God only knows what font it is. Maybe whoever was involved the upgrade might be able to find out. 

20 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

I feel your pain. It's all good though, to pass the time I've created a story from my FM15 save to link into my new FM17 game :cool:

I've been playing in Brazil while waiting but could turn into my proper save, I've unfinished business with this club from FM13 :)

19 hours ago, noikeee said:

For real, I want so many leagues for my massive journeyman. Which is why I went for another "proper save" idea to tackle first, that doesn't need an editor.

Hopefully it won't take too long for the leagues to come out!

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@RawareYou used to be able to change the font, but that's before the forum changed recently.  The size of the font is 14, but God only knows what font it is. Maybe whoever was involved the upgrade might be able to find out. 

Thanks Jimbokav1971 :thup:.  I remember being able to change the font on the previous forums but wondered if it was just me who couldn't find out where to change it on these new boards. 

anyone manage to find a decent logo-pack for leagues other than the EPL?

2 minutes ago, LPQR said:

anyone manage to find a decent logo-pack for leagues other than the EPL?

Metallic logos covers next to every league and competition.

4 hours ago, KUBI said:

Metallic logos covers next to every league and competition.

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-backgrounds-super-pack.html

That's the one I used on Full FM, seems to have a load of logos too.

I used the Metallic pack on FMT.

cheers guys

in the meantime, another issue has appeared, I can't seem to be able to change the logo of a club added through the 'create a club' feature. Tried to assign a new logo in the coding files and it just won't happen... if anyone has any idea how to fix this I'd be obliged. Oh, and if this is a discussion suited to some other part of the forum, please let me know and I'll remove the post ;) 

Sounds like MLS scheduling is borked. Only a 31-game season programmed (pending whenever MLS gets around to announcing how the 2017 schedule will be drawn up). :thdn:

A few questions:

1. Is thefm17 editor out?

2. Howdoes everyone seen to be quicker at playing the game than me

3.what save ideasdo you recommend for a 1.6ghz laptop which is pretty poor

3 minutes ago, Hairyflump said:

A few questions:

1. Is thefm17 editor out?

2. Howdoes everyone seen to be quicker at playing the game than me

3.what save ideasdo you recommend for a 1.6ghz laptop which is pretty poor

1. Nope, only on full release. 

2. No clue either, I'm spending far more time than I should on FM every night to keep up. Going near middle of season 2 now, but some people are way further to the future already which is bonkers.

3. A one-club only challenge with a small club, like a Dafuge challenge, or the Big Euro or Gundo versions (same as Dafuge's but in other nations), or if you're crazy enough, a Youth Challenge. You can do any of these by loading up the leagues of a single nation only, whereas as a journeyman you'll want to load loads of leagues which your laptop might not keep up with.

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

1. Nope, only on full release. 

2. No clue either, I'm spending far more time than I should on FM every night to keep up. Going near middle of season 2 now, but some people are way further to the future already which is bonkers.

3. A one-club only challenge with a small club, like a Dafuge challenge, or the Big Euro or Gundo versions (same as Dafuge's but in other nations), or if you're crazy enough, a Youth Challenge. You can do any of these by loading up the leagues of a single nation only, whereas as a journeyman you'll want to load loads of leagues which your laptop might not keep up with.

Ta

Hairyflump

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

I'm near the middle of season 2 on FM16 so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

This is my 2nd evening working on a single damn transfer window, slow even by my standards. It's only the start of August....

MLS playoff knockout round game that just finished IRL

Seattle               Kansas City
10  Shots             12
1   Shots on Target   7
7   Shots off Target  3
2   Blocked Shots     2
1   Goals             0

SORT IT OUT, SI! :mad::D

46 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

10  Shots             12
1   Shots on Target   7
7   Shots off Target  3
2   Blocked Shots     2
1   Goals             0

Best ones are when there's 0 shots on target!

8 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

10  Shots             12
1   Shots on Target   7
7   Shots off Target  3
2   Blocked Shots     2
1   Goals             0

Obviously, SI are on the take with BIG SEATTLE, and make them op irl.