Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone sorted out what save they'll be doing once FM16 comes along? I'm torn between 3 things currently:

• Re-doing the San Marino Youth Challenge.
  • Doing the every league challenge, but make it so I only need to win the top league and add in as many nations as the editor allows into the game.
  • Do a youth only save with a team from the 23rd tier of English football which looks to be developed over in the editors forum.

I love the idea of a Youth only save and I love the San Marino challenge, but after doing a Youth Only save in (GIB) I'm not sure that Youth Only works quite so well with such limited teams.

As a result, I've decided that I am sticking with Youth only, but instead of managing in (GIB) or (SMR), I am looking to play in a big league that I have never managed in before, (at least not that I can remember). In addition to that, the specific team I want to manage is not playable at the start of the game in FM16, so I will have to holiday for a bit to get them promoted, (hopefully).

A lot of people seem to start of with an idea of Youth Only, but then relax the rules a little, (or completely), as things get tough.

I've got a message for Nobby next time he pops in here.

I tried to PM you but it says that your inbox is full.

Any chance that you (or anyone else in here, for that matter!) could remind me which recent version of FM had a reliable non-league update (EE Update, I think it was called) release?

I really fancy starting a save with a step 4 club (Royston Town to be precise - I quite fancy trying to get promotion for the Crows). As I understand it, FM15 doesn't have a proper step 3 & 4 release. When I say proper, I mean realistic, thorough and reliable as the versions by Uncle Ron always were.

I'm not worried about going back to an old version. I was thinking maybe FM13 was the last one that Uncle Ron worked on? I forget.

I know you tend to download it for a better non-league experience. Also, I know you have high standards, so thought I would write to ask for your advice. Whichever one you can vouch for will be good enough for me!

This seems the most relevant place to post arguably my biggest ever achievement in FM, with my hometown club - so far.

0b405b0046439fbb4b6225119df1cd89.png

Safe to say finger nails were bitten in the last ten minutes.

Excellent, but now you need to update us on what happened next. :)

We subsequently did what's called up our way as "Doing a Hibs". Juventus 5 Airdrie 1, my defence ravaged by Malcom and Pogba. Shame.

Anyway I was offered the Chelsea job, took it. Will update in due course.

Nah, to truly Hibs it you'd have to lose to a side lower than you. You've semi-Hibsed it.

Already got the outline for the thread, just need to create a manager and decide which leagues to load.

Dayum somebody is prepared...I may be cutting my USA career short as I wan't expecting anything until Friday at the earliest but look at the speed :D

43ee06b00b29289cfa0c413edc605698.png

I may take part in one of the challenges first and wait for the Expanded England database to come out and have a good ol' English journeyman. Also hoping that my closest club Hereford will get promoted to the 8th tier at some point during that save.

EDIT: Think it's kind of cool how you have more choice in terms of when you start the game, I've not really followed the new things for FM16 so sorry if this is already well known haha

zBaajhB.png?1

EDIT: Think it's kind of cool how you have more choice in terms of when you start the game, I've not really followed the new things for FM16 so sorry if this is already well known haha

zBaajhB.png?1

Finally. One of the things that's annoyed me is how you start the game only a couple weeks out from the start of the season.

I'm all of a flutter on what to do now. Annoying that the editor isn't available - although it's obvious why - as I'd love to get started on Gibraltar early once again. I did start a save with Partick Thistle yesterday just to get a feel for the game, but I'm thinking of just throwing myself into a Journeyman once again to get me back into the swing of writing a career.

And if I do, rest assured that I'll spend no more than ten posts outlining the hilarity of creating my manager. I spent longer on that last night than I did actually playing.

He's not though, they're free agents (though there stil are agent fees I guess), the clue's in the name ;)

Yes but nothing is free, its not just the agent fees that come out of your budget, other costs do as well.

If you had £0 transfer budget in FM15 you couldn't sign free agents either.

The question is really whether you should get a transfer budget when the bank account is in the red.

Yes but nothing is free, its not just the agent fees that come out of your budget, other costs do as well.

If you had £0 transfer budget in FM15 you couldn't sign free agents either.

The question is really whether you should get a transfer budget when the bank account is in the red.

Then, you would eliminate a lot of mid-range Prem clubs who run a loss and need the prize money to bump them back into the black

Then, you would eliminate a lot of mid-range Prem clubs who run a loss and need the prize money to bump them back into the black

TBH it shouldn't be an issue.

Prem clubs don't sign free agents after the summer transfer window as they can't register them which leaves the mid season window and how many frees have any Prem club signed in January?

Saying that I'm not against the general theory:

A) Should clubs get a transfer budget if the bank account is red - In certain circumstances I think its fair.

In which case B) Transfer costs should only be checked against the transfer budget and not the bank account from a coding perspective.

Hmm. I'm in my first ever Premier League job on FM13 (I know, I know) and I'm a little confused.

TV_Revenue.png

Surely the day this money goes into the club's coffers, we should be loaded? And yet:

Bank_after_TV_1.png

Bank_after_TV_2.png

Have I got this wrong? Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

Nope, just read it again: WILL RECEIVE... so it's a drip-drip thing, rather than a lump sum.

Yes the £58m is split over the season.

£58m/12 months = £4.89m a month approx which comes in under TV Revenue. You got £4.5m this month which is slightly different, not 100% sure why, maybe it gets split per day or something.

Yes the £58m is split over the season.

£58m/12 months = £4.89m a month approx which comes in under TV Revenue. You got £4.5m this month which is slightly different, not 100% sure why, maybe it gets split per day or something.

Cheers, Cougar. Now I just have these to worry about... I guess I'll be sending all my youngsters on loan, rather than forcing them to play 6 games a week...

U18%20fixtures.png

Not much better for the reserves, either

Reserve_fixtures.png

Pretty sure I was able to do so.

As Rikulec has said you could have moved some of your wage budget to cover an insignificant cost or at really low levels potentially some players would sign with nothing that came out of your transfer budget.

Archived