Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope this isn't the replacement. LLM Forum is gone. So any saves you have you can post here in stand alone threads. Images are allowed as is player naming.

Thanks for the info. That is definitely different.

The LLM forum was deleted recently partly through lack of activity and as part of a drive to streamline the boards by cutting down on the number of forums.
I miss the old days of LLM.

Well. That sucks. I guess I can't complain if the activity was low. I used to love reading those threads though. Never posted my own saves, but as an LLM manager myself I enjoyed reading about the struggles! Do you two have threads? I'd love to read ;)

Well. That sucks. I guess I can't complain if the activity was low. I used to love reading those threads though. Never posted my own saves, but as an LLM manager myself I enjoyed reading about the struggles! Do you two have threads? I'd love to read ;)

Nobby's thread is here, though it won't be very active since he's just become a father...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/417512-We-Have-No-Cefning-Chance

As FMCU mod I obviously have a thread here...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/426583-FM13-Got-99-Problems-But-Norwich-Aint-One

I also have a project going to holiday as far as possible and document how things develop in-game...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/431129-FM11-Deltablue-s-FM-TARDIS

Nobby's thread is here, though it won't be very active since he's just become a father...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/417512-We-Have-No-Cefning-Chance

As FMCU mod I obviously have a thread here...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/426583-FM13-Got-99-Problems-But-Norwich-Aint-One

I also have a project going to holiday as far as possible and document how things develop in-game...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/431129-FM11-Deltablue-s-FM-TARDIS

Excellent! Thank you.

Bit fed up with my current Chester save so thought I'd try my hand at a journeyman save. Started unemployed, no coaching badges, Sunday League experience.

Loaded the Welsh Premier, Irish Premier, First Division, Northern Irish Leagues, and England down to the Blue Square North/South on a medium database size (as playing it on the laptop this time)

Job interviews started coming up, had an interview with Cheltenham which I felt went quite well, they too felt the interview went well and our goals were very similar, but they went for Nick Barmby instead. Then a spate of sackings mid-November saw Southend, Preston, Boston United and U.C.D recently relegated from the Irish top flight.

One of the priorities that the board highlighted during the interview was the squad harmony - and not the results. I was quite surprised by this but took it in my stride as I really wanted to get the job.

Luckily the board offered me a 12 month deal, which I happily accepted. It's a foot in the football management door and if I could get them back in the Irish top flight first time around then it could open up the door to move to a bigger club.

Anyway, about 4 weeks into the job and the squad inundate me with transfer requests - not willing to play for the club following relegation (despite them all being under contract for at least another 12months). Immediately I understand why the board made squad harmony one of their key priorities.

The want-away players go to the press to display their displeasure at my refusal to submit to their demands and call a team meeting.

Team Meeting does not go well, I again refuse to let them go, the players aren't backing down and me being a stubborn so-and-so refuse to back down. I call them all unprofessional and order them out.

My star player (whose name escapes me at the mo (in work and no access to laptop at home) approaches me privately and asks to leave as Derry City are interested in his services.

I try and convince him to stay - no backing down from the player, I ask him to hang in with me for one more season whilst I find a replacement - no budging - he then makes a threat over making my life hell if I don't give in to him and then that's it. A lot of shouting, and plate throwing commences on my part before ordering him out of my office and telling him that he can 'rot in the reserves' until the end of his contract.

I've been playing Champ Man/Footy Manager for nearly 20yrs now, and I don't think I have ever taken over at such an unhappy club!

Oh and before I finish, 3 days after my rather heated argument with said star player, Derry City ended their interest and the player asked to stay.... Ha!!!

I had a similar experience at UCD once. Are you sure they are actually Irish and not just Welshmen in disguise...? :p

Haha!

Going to be interesting to see if I can get them to play for me. First pre-season friendly starts in 20 days, no players have left (so-far), one of the good things I've noticed - possibly the only good thing - is that I've got loads of 17/18yr olds who look to have a decent PA, might be worthwhile looking to blood them in as much as possibly to get them to develop so I can get rid of some of the morons in my 1st team squad!

Side Note# Although not career related I've noticed that FM15 on my laptop runs a damn sight better than FM13 for some reason. Very quick, I can play several leagues at once on an ageing machine (about 7yrs old) with relative ease. I have just upgraded the OS though from Vista to Win7 and then done the free upgrade to Win10 unless that has something to do with it!?

Either way, I'm happy!

Just been sacked by U.C.D. sat 2nd in the table, with a Cup Semi-Final to come at home to Shamrock...

Fuming to say the least. Got screwed over big time by the board. Ok player morale wasn't the best - most of them wanted to leave after relegation from the top flight (before I joined the club) but I stood firm and kept them with me.

Not sure whether to go back into Ireland just to show U.C.D what they're missing, or head off somewhere else. Nev Powell's job at Bangor City is under review, so might bide my time and go for his job if he gets the boot...

Quick Edit, just seen the Stalybridge job has come up, I've applied had an interview and got the job!

Really need to make this one stick now for the next couple of seasons at least and build my rep up!

Positioning would hurt him less as a BWM but he also lacks strength so there really isn't much between the two roles.

He could easily do either albeit with a weakness.

I would train him as a MC first as he is a DM then as a DR and use him wherever you are short.

For the career forum I'll probably do a one-club save with my local club, Thisted FC in the Danish 2nd Division, try and make it as "realistic" as possible. Although I might combine it with one of the usual challenges, possibly Youth...

Now that FM16 has been announced, what are everyone's save plans?

I would expect a Cambridge save at some point.

Vaduz/Liechtenstein challenge..

Messing around with a Notts County save currently with updated leagues/transfers so could well start there.

The save i never get around to completing, Castilla to Real Madrid via many other places.

To be honest I've not long purchased FM15 so I will carry on with this, and my current Journeyman save.

2 games left in the 15/16 season at Stalybridge Celtic after the disasterous spell in the Irish First Division with U.C.D which resulted in the boot (despite them being 3rd in the league and still with a Cup Semi-Final to be played at home to Shamrock). Currently sat 4th in the table in what is a very tight league. Top spot is out of reach, but 4 points from 6 should be enough to confirm our place in the play-offs.

U.C.D had a very poor end to the season following my sacking, finishing 6th in the league, missing out on the play-offs and failing to win another game - Serves them right!

Life at Stalybridge hasn't been plain sailing though, despite finishing 3rd in the Manager of the Month award, I then received a notification from the press that I was believed to be 'under-achieving'. The players then call a team meeting to discuss our current form, and that the players want me to change tactics in order to change the run of results... Hmmmm ok, 4th in the table and we're winning games and people are starting to panic?? Oh dear!

There have been a few bits of chopping and changing in and around the leagues. Chester sacked their 2nd boss (Paul Simpson) following a disappointing campaign - Steve Burr was sacked during season one. I resisted the temptation to apply for the position, 1. because my rep probably isn't good enough, and 2. I still have no coaching badges.

If i can achieve promotion with Stalybridge this year then I might start looking around, or even be tempted to go back to Ireland. There's unfinished business over there with U.C.D. Might go for one of U.C.D's rivals or something.. Undecided as of yet.

Won promotion with Stalybridge Celtic via the play-offs, beating Hednesford United 2-1 AET thanks to a penalty from Liam Dickinson.

An unlikely promotion given that we were 15th in the table at the time I took over following from my sacking at U.C.D.

Then I receive a notification from the board that: "They are disappointed that we have only achieved promotion this year"

WTF!?

I turn your club around in less than a season, perform a near on miracle to get them promoted and then they come out with that?

I decide to start looking for jobs elsewhere, due to that statement from the board, my contract running down with less than 2 months to go until it expired and not a sniff of a new deal in the pipeline, and a lack of investment in the playing budget - or infrastructure - the training facilities had just been downgraded as well...

Interviews start coming in at Southport, Dover, Ards, and Stockport, but only one offer of a deal comes back - from Dover - recently relegated from the Conference National and struggling financially. Looks like it could be a bigger challenge than getting Stalybridge promotion.

To be honest I've not long purchased FM15 so I will carry on with this, and my current Journeyman save.

2 games left in the 15/16 season at Stalybridge Celtic after the disasterous spell in the Irish First Division with U.C.D which resulted in the boot (despite them being 3rd in the league and still with a Cup Semi-Final to be played at home to Shamrock). Currently sat 4th in the table in what is a very tight league. Top spot is out of reach, but 4 points from 6 should be enough to confirm our place in the play-offs.

U.C.D had a very poor end to the season following my sacking, finishing 6th in the league, missing out on the play-offs and failing to win another game - Serves them right!

Life at Stalybridge hasn't been plain sailing though, despite finishing 3rd in the Manager of the Month award, I then received a notification from the press that I was believed to be 'under-achieving'. The players then call a team meeting to discuss our current form, and that the players want me to change tactics in order to change the run of results... Hmmmm ok, 4th in the table and we're winning games and people are starting to panic?? Oh dear!

There have been a few bits of chopping and changing in and around the leagues. Chester sacked their 2nd boss (Paul Simpson) following a disappointing campaign - Steve Burr was sacked during season one. I resisted the temptation to apply for the position, 1. because my rep probably isn't good enough, and 2. I still have no coaching badges.

If i can achieve promotion with Stalybridge this year then I might start looking around, or even be tempted to go back to Ireland. There's unfinished business over there with U.C.D. Might go for one of U.C.D's rivals or something.. Undecided as of yet.

What leagues and nations did you load up for this one out of interest?

All the available leagues from Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, and England. Got this save on the laptop so didn't want to over do it with database size on an 8yr old laptop!

Should have stuck Scotland in there too,sounds similar my lappy is about the same tbh.sounds a good save.Might do something similar for FM16.

I have a few potential projects planned. The first is a Mexico-based save where I take charge of a small side and work my way up hopefully to the national side (though as I've just taken over in my current save that's not really a priority), or maybe something similar in Sweden/Nordic countries. The most likely is a return to a journeyman save but excluding the top nations, and I've also had a random idea based around Arminia Bielefeld.

From the initial announcement, I may not even get FM 16. None of the new features are anything I care about.

Maybe that will change if/as they announce additional features, or if there's a really good deal in the Steam winter sale.

If I can get sandboxie working properly like I did for FM15, and I can get it sufficiently cheap, I may buy two copies so I can play two different saves. I always find that I start a career thread, and at times that one can become a bit of a chore. I could play another one, but then I'm neglecting the one I really should be working on. With two my options are a bit more open.

This time last year I was hoping that FM15 would let me return to the proper journeyman saves I managed in FM13. That ended up not to happen, so here's hoping once again. I'll probably pick out of the following...

- A no-rules journeyman over a number of countries

- Partick Thistle

- The Tetradecagon Journeyman

- British Steel

- Lincoln Red Imps (let's face it, it's the most likely)

I missed out FM15, (only bought it cheaply quite recently to have a little look), but I am planning another Youth only save. I'm going to make it easier than Gibraltar though because it's hard-work getting absolutely battered in Europe for a couple of decades.

I have a specific club in mind in a big Nation that I don't think I have ever managed in before in any FM, but the only problem is that the club was relegated last season so are now no longer playable from the start. I will probably try and holiday through the 1st season, find a save point somewhere and then keep trying until they get promoted. I quite like the idea of managing someone that nobody else will be managing.

Interesting colour change while I have been busy. Quite like it. :thup:

Just be glad you didn't see the first attempt at making the sticky threads yellow... It looked so terrible that I was considering what I could do to remove a few due to the way I constantly felt visually 'assaulted' by the big block of bright yellow. :D The feedback was so bad that after a couple of attempts they thankfully softened it considerably to how it looks like now and it actually looks really good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2u8hbx/third_annual_100_years_of_football_manager_15_save/

Not sure how much interest people would have in this but someone holidayed 100 years with loads of leagues loaded. They did it with added English lower leagues and there's loads of non-league sides that have made it to the top, including Walton and Hersham winning the premier league. Most interesting is Newcastle Town who had a tycoon takeover in 2051, he funded the team for 20 years as they flew up the leagues and went on to win the premier league, few weeks after that he withdrew his funding. It runs quite slow but is well worth a look round!

One thing I've toyed with for a while, and may end up trying in FM16, is a career thread closer to real time. The initial idea was to start a save and then post a daily update, while playing one day in game. Then I actually thought about it, and realised that most of the time, absolutely naff all would happen most updates, and I wouldn't even make it to the end of a season by the time the next edition rolled around.

So instead, I'm thinking to make it closer to real time, but something around 1 week per day. I always want to do a career thread where I really live the gameworld, giving really detailed updates from around the World, but then my impatience gets ahead of me and I charge on hitting continue after continue, and then end up missing loads. With the enforced time limit on play, it'll give me time to look deeper, and hopefully actually "write" rather than just update.

So would anyone find the above an interesting one?

If you're looking for something like that. I'd recommend reading this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244248-Can-anyone-please-help-me-solve-a-problem-for-some-kids-with-learning-difficulties

I used to read it whilst at college.

I wasn't really looking for an example thread, more seeing if it would be popular running as my own thread. Looks similar though.

One thing I've toyed with for a while, and may end up trying in FM16, is a career thread closer to real time. The initial idea was to start a save and then post a daily update, while playing one day in game. Then I actually thought about it, and realised that most of the time, absolutely naff all would happen most updates, and I wouldn't even make it to the end of a season by the time the next edition rolled around.

So instead, I'm thinking to make it closer to real time, but something around 1 week per day. I always want to do a career thread where I really live the gameworld, giving really detailed updates from around the World, but then my impatience gets ahead of me and I charge on hitting continue after continue, and then end up missing loads. With the enforced time limit on play, it'll give me time to look deeper, and hopefully actually "write" rather than just update.

So would anyone find the above an interesting one?

This is actually exactly what I'm planning on doing with my new Thisted thread, so would definitely follow! :)

Archived