Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no such issues in Indonesia. Players get recycled a fair bit and when your scouts are finding good youngsters that you can sign on pre-contracts from rivals that helps. I'm also getting a number of good youngsters from my intake as well.

I get about one decent player a year through my intake, but I think we've got to the point that we're just that much better than the rest of the league that their players simply wouldn't be good enough - hence explaining why my scouts can't find any. Luckily I can sign foreign players who are under 18 and they'll become home-grown after a couple of seasons, but it's not ideal.

In my save we're the most successful side in Indonesia and I am the most successful manager. We've just this season qualified for the group stages of the Champions League for the first time. The average age of my squad is 22 or so. We're getting decent players through our intakes most seasons but this season has been the worst one for a long time. Now I don't know whether that is because they're poor or if it's because we have a good squad already. Either way, I'm still signing most of them up as I keep them for the two seasons of their youth contracts and then offer them a pro deal before trying to sell them on to other Indonesian sides. It's working so far and we're only spending £6k maximum per player over four years.

I've also gone back to signing Thai players as well. I can only register four foreign players at once but I'm signing players that can be sold on for a fairly good profit after a season or so.

People in GD are saying there's a major bug where you can find yourself suddenly with a very hard time to get any decent job after you're sacked or leave a club. Anyone having this ruin their journeyman careers? I'm a bit scared to move out of my club now.

Yeah I can confirm this, I wanted to start a journeyman career so loaded up a bunch of leagues with a Sunday league reputation, holidayed and applied for everything and didn't get a single positive response. Not even Braga's B team or a side in the Belgian Third Division B wanted me.

Great stuff Crouchy - congratulations!

I can assure you, it is the best thing ever, being a parent. My son is now three and a half and he is just magic.

One word of warning: The hospital and relatives will lie to you when they say changing the nappies of your own, "won't be as bad and you won't mind". This is utter nonsense and they can be horrific. Enjoy! :D

One word of warning: The hospital and relatives will lie to you when they say changing the nappies of your own, "won't be as bad and you won't mind". This is utter nonsense and they can be horrific. Enjoy! :D

This is why I'm neeevvverrr having kids.

I completely agree that they are worthwhile and the best thing ever. I just dont want to deal with any bodily waste/fluids. And, bizarrely, women tend to get angry if you point-blankly refuse to do anything like that....

Congrats Crouchy! Welcome to the no time to play games club :D

Baby in one arm and maybe Football Manager or Crusader Kings II being played with the other hand! :D

Congrats, Crouchy. I've got about 2 weeks before I'm in that very same club...

Congratulations! Good luck! I hope everything goes well. I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

Congrats to you and Mrs Crouchy!

Thanks Deltablue!

Congratulations Crouchy :thup:

Thank you Dafuge!

Great stuff Crouchy - congratulations!

I can assure you, it is the best thing ever, being a parent. My son is now three and a half and he is just magic.

Thanks Daz. I am honestly so incredibly happy right now. I can't believe it. I know people go over the top about this kind of thing but I have to say that meeting my daughter has been so amazing, so mind-blowing, that I can't even really find the words.

As for nappies, I had never changed one before but now have some under my belt. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! It's early days though! But I'm not easy to upset when it comes to these things and I feel confident! :p

Congratulations Crouchy!!!

Thanks Deisler!

Congrats Crouchy! So, now that's all over and done with, you can get your career thread going.

:D

I have a few ideas for careers and I'm sure I will be back at some point! Like I said earlier, baby in one arm and FM in the other seems a good plan! ;)

This is why I'm neeevvverrr having kids.

I completely agree that they are worthwhile and the best thing ever. I just dont want to deal with any bodily waste/fluids. And, bizarrely, women tend to get angry if you point-blankly refuse to do anything like that....

I'm not at all worried about bodily waste and fluids. I have a strong stomach and that kind of thing just doesn't really disturb me at all.

Right now, I actually 'enjoy' doing it as it feels like I'm doing something useful to help my wife and daughter! Whether I have the same enthusiasm when changing at 4 o'clock in the morning remains to be seen though! :D

Thanks everyone for the kind messages. :)

I hate to give advice and it turns out to be the wrong decision, but I do wonder if better offers would come in.

there were bigger clubs interested at some point, can't remember who. So far only a Danish club (Mitjyland) and Empoli have bidded but its only 13th of June. Mitjyland's offer was only 2mil and they wouldn't go much higher.

I wish. I don't play enough of that either. That said, my handicap is the lowest it has been for four years.

You've got what, 4 months a year with good golfing weather? Five? Got my handicap under 30 finally! And also, congrats Crouchy- I've enjoyed your threads over the years even though I probably never commented in one. Enjoy the baby years, they grow up fast and before you know it you've got a snarky teenager in the house :D

I wish. I don't play enough of that either. That said, my handicap is the lowest it has been for four years.
<br><br>You've got what, 4 months a year with good golfing weather? Five? Got my handicap under 30 finally! And also, congrats Crouchy- I've enjoyed your threads over the years even though I probably never commented in one. Enjoy the baby years, they grow up fast and before you know it you've got a snarky teenager in the house :D

And also, congrats Crouchy- I've enjoyed your threads over the years even though I probably never commented in one. Enjoy the baby years, they grow up fast and before you know it you've got a snarky teenager in the house :D

Thanks! I don't want to think about the teenage years tbh. That's the scariest thing I can imagine about being a parent!

At the moment the days are passing by quickly in a blur of dirty nappies and baby sick. On the plus side, I quickly discovered that we can have 'Daddy & Daughter gaming time'. She goes in a baby sling giving Daddy both hands free for the computer! She seems to enjoy it although she is asleep for most of it tbh! :D

Anyway guys, what's the situation with the FM14 bug where you can't get a job if you're unemployed with low rep? This is the main thing putting me off picking up the new game as I mostly like to start unemployed at the bottom as a Sunday League reputation manager.

Is there going to be a fix soon? I'm guessing we are going to have to wait until the transfer winter update in February/March.

I'm really motivated to start a save right now! I want to go back to my roots and start a save in Non-League but this time using the Step 3 & 4 league add-ons. I have in mind a Hertfordshire based club (not St Albans City) at step 4 to start out at. Then I'd really like to move from club to club. I'd want to start out in England but I'd also quite like to try out Wales on the way and I've recently felt really motivated to head to the German leagues too. Maybe load England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, Germany, Spain and one or two more.

Will most likely pick up FM14 once that manager job bug is fixed. A lot of people suggest that FM would be ideal for Daddy & Daughter gaming time! :D

Hey all, just a quick question - need to know if I'm posting in the correct place.

I've always been quite a hands-off manger on FM since it has become a more in-depth game but I've been recently been reading a lot of threads about the training and youth development side of things and I'm quite keen to jump into a game where I am really involved in all aspects. I've decided to go with Arsenal, firstly because of their already good facilities and reputation for developing young players and also as they are a good side it should be a bit of an easier introduction to the newer aspects to me.

I want to make a thread so people can follow my career as I have always enjoyed doing this in the past and I find it keeps me much more interested in the game. On top of this I'm quite keen to post in detail what I am doing with individual youngsters etc and ask advice on team and individual training and tactics for specific matches. Should I be posting this in here or in the tactics and training thread?

Here is good :) - I'd use the Stupid Questions thread in the Tactics and Training forum as well for quick advice, but most people here are pretty clued up. Would certainly be interested in following the progress of some of the Arsenal Youth. I'm a bit rubbish with the search function, but a guy called Bracken did a great Chelsea thread last year that you might want to look through as well :thup:

Cheers. I've stuck it here as I want it to be a documentation of the career rather than just a series of questions :lol: It's more what I am doing and why I think I should do that so people can correct me or offer any suggestions they have!

I play in all weathers except for lightning, that's dangerous. I scored 23 points over 12 holes (six were closed) in the frost yesterday.

I love the dedication, man! I suppose I would play in the soup too if I lived somewhere where the weather bad for long stretches. 23 points- is that the Stableford system? I've never used it, just stroke play [insert sophomoric joke]

They are all still there, the last page has threads started in July 2009.

Have you got something in your profile settings that is cutting threads off at a certain time period?

I can only see 2 pages :confused: I can't see a setting in my account that would change that.

It's not an account setting but a forum setting (well it might be both but it's probably simpler this way). It's down near the bottom of the page, under a header titled 'Thread display options' where you have a couple of drop down lists, the first of which is how far back to show threads from, which is generally set for the past month but can range from anything to from a single day to right back to the beginning. Then click 'show threads' (a 'search' button in effect) and it should work.

I have just started a career with LFC, having loads of injured players (coutinho-2 months, luis alberto- 7-8 months, kolo toure, sackho, aspas..) in my first game against everton i also lost stevie g and daniel agger, and after 2 days raheem sterling too.. plus luis suarez is still disqualified for 3 more matches. im ****ing desperate. i have bought Gaitan fron benfica, but i still need someone for the center, dmc or mc, loan will work too. i tried to loan casemiro, illaramendi, alabam the answer was no. can you help me, suggest me a player for these positions? my transfer budget is 12m now:confused:

If you go to 'settings' (at the top) and then 'general settings' (on the left), there's a setting for 'default thread age cut off' about half way down. Is it that?
That's fixed it now :cool: Thanks dafuge!

Might be starting off a new Career Update thread, it's been a while.

I play in all weathers except for lightning, that's dangerous. I scored 23 points over 12 holes (six were closed) in the frost yesterday.

Yes, it's stableford. Saturday and Sunday Club are played as individual stableford and pairs matchplay in the same game.

Does anyone in here know if you can you get the 'English Hero' achievement when using edited leagues to add steps 3 & 4 to a save? I tried asking in GD and searching around but it doesn't seem that anyone knows.

If I edited step 3 & 4 leagues into the English structure, I'm curious to know whether or not this achievement would pop up if I started with a step 4 side.

It doesn't matter a great deal but I have an idea for a save starting out with a step 4 side and it would be fun to try for the 'English Hero' achievement as well. :)

Does anyone in here know if you can you get the 'English Hero' achievement when using edited leagues to add steps 3 & 4 to a save? I tried asking in GD and searching around but it doesn't seem that anyone knows.

If I edited step 3 & 4 leagues into the English structure, I'm curious to know whether or not this achievement would pop up if I started with a step 4 side.

It doesn't matter a great deal but I have an idea for a save starting out with a step 4 side and it would be fun to try for the 'English Hero' achievement as well. :)

Those achievements are pretty bugged I think, in my experience. I unlocked the Scottish one twice - first time, I think I unlocked it by winning the World Cup with Scotland. Second time, I won it by going from the third division to the Premier League, but not winning the top league. I thought you had to win it to unlock it. I imagine it would still unlock if you went from Skrill N/S to the Premier League, but I suppose an edit may affect it.

Thanks for replying Forameuss.

The hero achievements have a description which reads: 'You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league'. Therefore, I don't think you actually need to win the top league title but rather just get promoted to the top league.

Very weird that you unlocked it by winning the World Cup though. Don't know what that was all about. :D

Archived