Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the FM14 discussion, I for one am absolutely loving it... To be fair, it's the first I've really played properly since 09 (the first one with 3D), and I find it so much more intuitive sans sliders. The press conferences are infinitely better, the 3D is streets ahead of where it was (albeit with a few niggles that remain), and it doesn't take me months to play a season

I find that FM14 seems to get better the longer I play it. The first few weeks can seem a little extreme, but I put that down to an overpowering of the tactical fluidity knowledge of your squad.

Yeah, tactical unfamiliarity apparently turns players into apes having to deal with their first encounter with a round object. On the flipside it seems easier to quickly gain familiarity by focusing training on tactics.

Just a little thought. But would it be worth having the little career updates thread stickied? I think it could increase the number of posters in this forum and then lead to more chat.

As it stands some people don't want to create a proper thread but like to give little updates ala GPTG threads. Now obviously the little updates thread often disappears. Would it be worth creating a new one and stickying it or just stickying the old one.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Sounds like a decent idea as it often gets lost when it isn't used for a while.

We could also do with removing a few of the current stickies, like the ideas and the competitions ones.

SRL, do your job :D. But in all seriousness if you could do it, it would be muchly appreciated.

Someone bump it and I will sticky it.

I can't seem to get into FM14 at all at the moment. I think its because I can't really do my original idea without editing the database which I'm not particulary comfortable with. I'm thinking of three options really:

- A youth only challenge with my hometown team in the Skrill South

- Another journeyman career

- A one club save with a club from a small European league - NI, Wales or Iceland.

Any thoughts?

I can't seem to get into FM14 at all at the moment. I think its because I can't really do my original idea without editing the database which I'm not particulary comfortable with. I'm thinking of three options really:

- A one club save with a club from a small European league - NI, Wales or Iceland.

Any thoughts?

Why not follow a player?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlatko_Zahovi%C4%8D

Any thoughts?

Something unusual always goes down well. Seems there's always a flavour of the month version of a career that everyone does, and often threads can turn into just the same stuff, depending on the writers personal flair of course. The best ones are often either the more interesting base ideas, or the ones that evolve as they move, often sprinkled with plenty of failure. That's only in my opinion of course - success is great, but I always get a bit bored of the careers where it's just relentless winning. A bit of failure always makes the success later on much better.

So yeah. failure is the way to go. :brock:

That's Art Malik from True Lies isn't it?

200px-Zlatko_Zahovic.jpg

th?id=H.4585647618853962&pid=1.7

Never seen them in the same place...

Alright chaps!

After a long time away from FM (cheers for that, Dota 2), I started playing my old FM12 save again last night - only a good 13 months since the last time I loaded it up :lol: definitely felt the old addiction coming back...

You don't have the time for a thread Snake?

After a bit of an hiatus from this forum, and a bit of experimenting with FM14 after the patch, I now feel that I'm ready to embark on this years compulsory journeyman. :cool: How's lower league transfers after the patch, they make sense now? And managerial movements from club to club, nation to nation? People were moaning in GD that you couldn't renew contracts with any players.

My school marks have actually gone up after not playing FM, surprise surprise. :D

I still play Steam games sometimes but I play without stress or after I'm done uni coursework or studying for the day. The games I play now I can be chill and just have fun. FM felt like a second (unpaid) job in '13 with playing it and then updating it (and updating usually took longer than playing).

The games I play now I can be chill and just have fun. FM felt like a second (unpaid) job in '13 with playing it and then updating it (and updating usually took longer than playing).

That's why I'm planning to do only 2 updates per season now... no doubt I'll get carried away and start writing gigantic pieces at some point though. :D

I don't know if this is the right place for a shameless plug (or if there even is a right place, if not I apologise) - I was inspired by the concept of mini-blogging about your save game on Twitter, especially after seeing TacticalGenius' Twitter profile about his forays with Enfield, and I thought I'd start my own.

I'm currently doing a 'European Tour' challenge (Football Manager 13 Classic, mind), where the objective is to win all domestic trophies in Europe, alphabetically one country at a time. I'm pretty terrible at FM though, so I've only just won trophy number 7 and I'm in 2064! :D

Is anyone else doing Twitter updates on their careers? I'd love to follow and read more, but I haven't been able to find that many using the Twitter search - most of the accounts I found hadn't tweeted in a couple of years...

If it is of any interest, mine can be found at @g00nFM :)

I don't really know how to ask, but I want to do a one team save so the processing will be fast, possibility for a youth challenge and it can be on any continent as well as editor data, I'm struggling to find a nation I want to manage in, any help guys?

Can't go wrong with Italy, fella.

This is getting a bit weird. People are viewing and commenting on a FM youtube video I made 3 years ago. :D

Think it's got a lot to do with the real life Auckland City - Raja Casablanca in the FIFA World Cup...it's even on the second page when you type 'Auckland city raja casablanca in the search field!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=auckland+city+raja+casablanca&page=2

Anyone else got a lot of views on youtube because of a match they uploaded was similar to real life?

It was fine before the last patch, but is pretty much broken now when it comes to career games. You can't get a job as a low reputation manager. So if you start unemployed or get sacked it's pretty much game over.

Ah, well that puts me off, particularly as I am the kind of player who starts as an unemployed manager with Sunday League reputation.

People in GD are saying there's a major bug where you can find yourself suddenly with a very hard time to get any decent job after you're sacked or leave a club. Anyone having this ruin their journeyman careers? I'm a bit scared to move out of my club now.

Archived