Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

From the 'READ ME FIRST' thread:

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press Alt and F9
  • A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM10 folder in your documents
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

;)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I post a screenshot so that it's a link that says something else? I have done it before but can't remember how. Also do I have to create a screenshot folder and press F8 or something to get the screenshot into that folder automatically?

If you put [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse] either side of your BB code it stops the code. You can then show the code as it should be [noparse]Text here[/noparse] without having to substitute the brackets.

Its useful if trying to describe it to somone with little computer knowhow.

Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?

Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?

I have no idea but this drives me slightly crazy. :mad:

If you find out how to make it stay, let me know!

I'm considering doing a French career game, loading L1 through CFA and working my way up from the bottom. I do have a couple of questions:

1.) One thing that I've never seen a full & firm answer to is African player eligibility for French leagues. In some/many/few cases, African national do not count toward the "non-EU maximum" that the French leagues have. Is that former French colonies only? All African countries? Are there any other nations with a similar agreement? I would like to be sure to load some of those players into the active database for this new save, but don't want to add many if they're part of the limited non-EU rule.

It would be helpful to know a player's eligibility before you sign him. After you sign him, of course you can see the FGN status or not, but it's too late!

2.) I've read that the CFA is not playable from the begining, but that some teams do become eligible to manage. How does this work?

3.) Are all Ligue 2 teams professional? How about Championat Nacional? I assume CFA is all amateur or reserve teams, right?

4.) Any other suggestions about setting up the player database / game as I'm planning? Other French hints or tips?

Thanks!

Not sure about point 1 but

2) Check the editors section and see if anyone has done a full french update for lower leagues. May be there if you look

3) See above

4) Load max players to get good lower league realism or at least large

French league is cool. I had a St Etienne game years ago. One of the best games i did. I just raided the U19 and 21 sides every year for the best youth tallent. French league always has good regens :)

Try this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=178624&highlight=french+league

1) from what i understand its only the french Colonies who dont count as non-EU players so thats:

French Guiana · Guadeloupe · Mayotte · Martinique · New Caledonia · Réunion · Saint-Martin

it "may" include former french colonies but not too sure which would be Algeria but not sure on that

2) CFA teams are only manageable if they are relegated from the National

3) Ligue 1 & 2 are seen as the professional leagues so national and CFA seem to be Semi-pro im guessing.

4) Load all players from France and all the French colonies, will help no end after that its upto you

Good Luck in France :)

Just started as Norwich after their promotion, brought in Rosen Kirilov, Christian Vieri, Bart Vriends, Joe Lolley, Celso Ayala and Njaka Rafilibera. Sold, Simon Lappin to Bristol Rovers for £220k. Currently sitting top of the league, by 1 point, got Charlton next who are in second place. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering starting one but will go very in detail with matchdays and preferably with Everton as I support them or do you think I should go someone further down and possibly level 10?

EDIT: If I done a level 10 one I'd probably do 6 month updates as opposed to1 match, 1 update

I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?

I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?

Its just as interesting working with a top team. You just have different expectations and pressures. I look forward to reading it.

Similarly it could be said about my career AcidBurn. I prefer being those smaller clubs and building up but my save is a career save, staying with small clubs wouldn't be much of a career progression would it. Thats why I'm trying to stick with mid-tabled sides at the moment, then in 5 seasons maybe move to a 'large' club, the likes of River/Boca/Chelsea/Arsenal...then after making them dominant, move onto a smaller mid tabled club and start over, or take a fallen giant, maybe a former premiership club from league two back to where they belong. How ever your career pans out, it shoudn't really matter to anyone else as long its what you want from your game.

Your updates are great and long may it continue.

I tend to ignore the ones where somebody starts at a big club. If somebody is managing a Real Madrid or Manchester United because they've earned the right, I'm interested in it. If they start off there then I'm not. Unless they are Alex Ferguson, but why would he be playing the game?

Archived