Sports Interactive Community
TheGreat10ne1

[Suggestion] "Football CLUB Manager" (User Buys/Sells the Players, CPU Manages the Team)

My mate and I sometimes like to play a game where we each take over a similarly-sized club, with similar finances, in the same league, and play as normal with the one exception that we have to holiday through all of our matches. This means we pretty much run the club in terms of transfers/staff/training/etc, but let the assistant manager manage the actual games, meaning trying to sign the best assistant manager for your club is crucial to your success.

I was wondering if you could introduce a game mode where you could basically do just that, except you won't have to holiday past the games (you can either watch or simulate them), and you can actually have a football manager, who has to play the players you give him. The manager can, of course, offer advice on which players to buy and get rid of, and may or may not have a good relationship with you and the club based on how you structure his squad. If you sign a "star" manager and you get rid of a player he doesn't want to lose, fail to buy any of his key targets, bring in players who don't fit into his system, or simply not spend enough money on enough quality players in general, he might decide he wants to resign and build his reputation elsewhere. Otherwise you could always hire a "yes man", who is happy to manage any team you give him. However, if that Yes Man doesn't bring success on the pitch, and you refuse to get rid of him, the fans will start to stage protests against you, and eventually will start not turning up to games if things don't improve.

Anybody else think this would be a good idea?

You're basically asking for a game mode in which you can play as a director of football. Seems boring imo. No offense

Not going to happen. Not unless someone manages to produce a massive amount of thought into what the game play could possibly be.