[FM18] What do you call genetically modified corn? I suppose it's still corn-ish.

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your Asian journey till the end and didn't know about this one. I saw many messages about 'St Buryan' but didn't have a clue who they were or what anyone was on about haha! I finally found this one and have been (slowly) reading through it bit by bit. I have just caught up and...

WOW! what an unbelievable career Makoto. I've never been as gripped to a FMCU thread as I have this one. Normally only read the updates but on this thread I've been reading almost every comment from you and everyone else too. I agree with a comment I saw recently about enjoying this save more than my own current FM save! :D

Huge congratulations on reaching the Premier League so quickly (okay maybe not so quickly!) and I can't wait to see where you go next. :applause:

Finally. Can I ask how my local team (Alfreton Town) have fared and also AFC Liverpool as I follow them IRL as I am a Liverpool fan. Thanks.

21 hours ago, Clarky323 said:

I read your Asian journey till the end and didn't know about this one. I saw many messages about 'St Buryan' but didn't have a clue who they were or what anyone was on about haha! I finally found this one and have been (slowly) reading through it bit by bit. I have just caught up and...

WOW! what an unbelievable career Makoto. I've never been as gripped to a FMCU thread as I have this one. Normally only read the updates but on this thread I've been reading almost every comment from you and everyone else too. I agree with a comment I saw recently about enjoying this save more than my own current FM save! :D

Huge congratulations on reaching the Premier League so quickly (okay maybe not so quickly!) and I can't wait to see where you go next. :applause:

Finally. Can I ask how my local team (Alfreton Town) have fared and also AFC Liverpool as I follow them IRL as I am a Liverpool fan. Thanks.

Thanks Clarky that means an awful lot! I'm glad you're really enjoying it! :D Progress may be a bit slow this week as I may have started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 again which is taking up most of my free time.

I can't wait for us to get our facilities sorted and hopefully we can tread water in the Premier League to keep the money flowing and get some Premier League quality players soon enough!

As for those clubs, it doesn't make for good viewing I'm afraid.

5b378945f5135641bbf99098e904e64c.png

6ae11add18ffcd70326e0f5d214b2cf2.png

30 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Thanks Clarky that means an awful lot! I'm glad you're really enjoying it! :D Progress may be a bit slow this week as I may have started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 again which is taking up most of my free time.

I can't wait for us to get our facilities sorted and hopefully we can tread water in the Premier League to keep the money flowing and get some Premier League quality players soon enough!

As for those clubs, it doesn't make for good viewing I'm afraid.

5b378945f5135641bbf99098e904e64c.png

6ae11add18ffcd70326e0f5d214b2cf2.png

Thanks Makoto.

Oh dear. Maybe I should be a bit more accepting of their results in real life then as I now know that it’s possible for them to fall a lot lower :D

12 minutes ago, aldish said:

Thats another great intake, congrats. 
Do you think the stars given to the top youngsters reflect a good premiership level?

The stars given are based upon the current quality at the club and as the teams come through the league's, they are probably mid to high level championship..maybe low level premier league at best.

I read through this entire thread and found it downright AMAZING so far. You must have the patience of a saint. I honestly would've rage quit multiple times, especially considering how many times it all went down to the wire, to the last game of the season.

But I do have a question, is there a particular reason why you're not signing any players? You should be able to sign some now that you're in the Premier League...

3 hours ago, grasu said:

I read through this entire thread and found it downright AMAZING so far. You must have the patience of a saint. I honestly would've rage quit multiple times, especially considering how many times it all went down to the wire, to the last game of the season.

But I do have a question, is there a particular reason why you're not signing any players? You should be able to sign some now that you're in the Premier League...

its a youth only save.

But @Makoto Nakamura would you think about signing ex players back?

16 hours ago, kidthekid said:

still loving the save Makoto

Thanks kid!

11 hours ago, aldish said:

Thats another great intake, congrats. 
Do you think the stars given to the top youngsters reflect a good premiership level?

What Pompey said, basically.

11 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

The stars given are based upon the current quality at the club and as the teams come through the league's, they are probably mid to high level championship..maybe low level premier league at best.

10 hours ago, grasu said:

Thanks grasu! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D What Carninho said basically, it's a youth only save.

7 hours ago, Carninho said:

its a youth only save.

But @Makoto Nakamura would you think about signing ex players back?

I wouldn't even think about it, hopefully we'll get to the stage one day where players won't want to leave us in the first place. :)

2061/62 End of Season Review

4e1e9e5eccd157fd8b9640af8dc0bd87.png

e872a4f89005a9b64c4f7a2d53c540e5.png

Amazing season!

237b8eeef8e90e9979227e1ceea19d4f.png557a220da39ce1474460f3f911a4daba.pngd9328bc6dfbedfaede8ba14e2327179d.png

673e76e7f25b216de2b00d1d4e9caae0.png

f25e11d7247bad4f24f50f1321f07550.png

Overall Best XI

bed767bd22f20ff208900f8527526a10.png

2061/62 Best XI

1a6fb083635e7efd335aa273d744be6b.png

Arthur Waldon-Bliss (YP35a)

Rhys Haughton (YP30g) - Rhys Belt-Lansdown (YP42a) - Sam Forbes (YP37c)

Andre Allen (YP33d)                                                                                          Brighton Sithole (YP36a)

Melih Kurt (YP43b) - Will Connolly (YP38f)

Martin Miller (YP41d) - Ben Jenkins (YP35d) - Luke Ashby (YP41b)

2757a06ed03ead60295aabc01722ad5b.png692032adaf68b97ec826555f2059a878.png

2062/63 Pre-Season

019b1a3208bb02f5294ce27410d900f8.png

A solid trip to the U.S.A and a narrow win away to Bulgarian side Slavia Sofia, we even held Lyon to a draw!

5f7fb6b5ad2288961ff9ed2a67f0cc38.png

ff3cca14a0d1601947a0277a33894383.png

Try to survive.

70fce2c51f6b6f0cf99bed6a3053719e.png

Relocation has been completed.

501a7e9d5d84dbde5ad6558f1da76ee5.png

What are the chances! If this goes through then it will be St. Buryan's 2nd tycoon, before this save I don't think I'd ever had one tycoon!