Blue Matter 4213and 22213 Knap fm 18

I have played at level 10? with Frimley Green, and I just use the tactics I would use for Spurs. MIDSOMER 442 is maybe the most basic but no reason not to use 343. If you are an underdog use a good underdog tactic but if near the top just use what you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

Top dog - Top 4 or 5 teams in league

SUB Top - the next 4--5 teams 

Under dog  the rest

Can use top or sub at home and under dog away or difficult teams

4 minutes ago, knap said:

The 4213

The 22213 is more for goals. If you prefer possession then use counter although not as efficient. 

I guess it's sensible to start with the 4213 and move onto the 22213 if i see the potential for more goals. 

Is the MU test with the ALLCUPSNOLOSS or the 18.3 p101 version?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Knap.

i have been using your bluematter 433 with good success. 

How would you compare the 4213 to this one? Is it just as good?

I can see that this one has look for under lap and no inverted wingbacks?

It will depend on players squad. Pogba and Matic can hold midfield and that allows an AM and 3 Fwds.

I build tactics in many ways but often I use a base which uses other ideas,

5 hours ago, knap said:

It will depend on players squad. Pogba and Matic can hold midfield and that allows an AM and 3 Fwds.

I build tactics in many ways but often I use a base which uses other ideas,

I have Adrien rabiot, Marco veratti and Arthur (bought from gremio) - would that suffice or should I get some more defensive oriented midfielders?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think one of these could be re-worked to create a non-terrible 4312 Narrow tactic?

It's my favorite formation and I've not seen anyone (including myself) been able to build a good one on FM18.

I had a great one on FM17 which was super balanced. My goal is always to get as many positions as possible to score a fair amount of goals and have a high average rating across the whole starting 11. And that 4312 was the best one I've ever had.

I was thinking something like moving the center striker back to the center midfield. Alternatively playing 3 DMs with two VOLa and a center one with a more defensive role.

Have you tried making 4312 formations and just haven't found anything that works well either Knap? I know 3>2 when it comes to strikers. But with 3 strikers it just seems like they are always the ones scoring and assisting and everyone else are just sort of there.

I really like a more well rounded way of playing. I'm currently playing a slightly modified version of your MIDSOMER41131VOLMEZF9 tactic. It's a lot of fun and fairly balanced. Do you have any idea of what you think your most well rounded tactic is when it comes to scoring? A tactic where CMs and others score a fair amount and not just strikers banging in 50 goals per season? 

On 11/08/2018 at 15:14, knap said:

I will see if I can use PIGRIMAGE for a 4312.

Would love a good 4312 with some decently balanced scoring and average ratings.

Tried tweaking the BM you linked yesterday but haven't been successful. Leaky defense, basically only strikers scoring, and bad average ratings for a few positions regardless of who plays them.

Not saying the tactic isn't good, I just can't get it to play the way I like to play. 

Archived