Sports Interactive Community

Just got FM18 and oh boy the game stutters every time I advance to the next day with only the 5 default nations set as playable. Even when I'm doing absolutely nothing my fps drops down to 30 (sometimes increased but quickly dropped again to 30). This never happened to me in FM17 even with 30~ playable leagues from 10+ nations. What do I do to improve this?

Windows 8.1 -  i7-6700, GTX 1080, 16GB ram. Running on SSD.

Edited by Patrick23213

Sounds like you have a better rig than me. I am not seeing any problems my end. I have heard a lot of problems with the 1080 though, could be that.

17 hours ago, Patrick23213 said:

Just got FM18 and oh boy the game stutters every time I advance to the next day with only the 5 default nations set as playable. Even when I'm doing absolutely nothing my fps drops down to 30 (sometimes increased but quickly dropped again to 30). This never happened to me in FM17 even with 30~ playable leagues from 10+ nations. What do I do to improve this?

Windows 8.1 -  i7-6700, GTX 1080, 16GB ram. Running on SSD.

I suggest that you open a thread in the Crashes section of the Bugs forum and one of the SI guys will have a look for you

I have the GTX 1050 with a 4K screen and have had the same issue from day one. 

FM is unplayable. The fans are constantly in overdrive and the whole laptop becomes a stuttering disaster within minutes.

I believe the game not having an option to reduce the resolution from 4K is having a significantly causing the game to run slow. - Before anyone asks, the preferences screen does not allow any lower resolution than 4K to be selected.

Roll back your NVidia graphic drivers to 3.00 . It worked for me although I don't play FM18 as its of poor standard .

Well, lower fps during the time the game is processing (the screens where the game is processing day by day) does not actually make the cpu processing any slower, and the game itself isn't going to be any slower because of that. Low fps should only be of concern when watching matches. Those of us who are able to monitor graphic card performance in real time would have noticed that whenever the game is out of the live match screen the graphics processor and video memory will tend to clock down considerably - that is typical and perfectly normal behaviour. You can - allthough there's really little point to it - force the graphics card to work at full power and max clocks all the time.

I do get low fps and stuttering when watching matches from time to time, and in my experience that has to do with Windows somehow losing app (FM in this case) focus; clicking anywhere on the fm window will then immediately bring the app back into focus and stutter free, or sometimes I have to click somewhere that isn't FM first; easier to do if you play in windowed mode.

Edited by thomit