Players Longevity

Does anyone knows what attributes influence players longevity? Is there a way to get a 32 year 'Cristiano Ronaldo' like player that is still top potential ability at his age?

I mean all my players start to decrease from their max potential ability at 29-30. The best training facilities and coaches rating in the league (Premier League), and at age of 32 they have a good gap between their max PA and CA. On long saves on FM17 I had this problem, I assume it didnt changed since...

Heard that playing a lot of matches during his career is a downsize, but on longer saves I usually have 2 complete team squads the max games for each player a year they play is like 30-35. 

Also heard that Natural Fitness has a big influence, but had the same problem on 16-20 NF players as their CA started dropping before age of 30.

Maybe professionalism influence too, but always preferred Professional Players over Ambitious, and they still dropped...

Any real experience on increasing players longevity?

Natural fitness & professionalism are influencing factors, but you have to manage the player right and train right. What is right varies on the player though.

From what I've read in a few threads there is something akin to a bell-curve for each player, related to their attributes (it also influences the late bloom players) so there will be variance between players. 

In my experience its rather easy for players to retain their technical and mental attributes, those who have endured even into their late 30's.

My real issue with longevity has perhaps been too many players retiring while still performing at far too high a standard. Getting players to continue beyond 36/37 has been practically impossible for me despite some players still churning out average ratings closer to 8 than 7, a couple years back I had a 37 year old van Persie retire after he scored nearly 40 in the premier league. Definitely retired way too soon.

4 hours ago, santy001 said:

Natural fitness & professionalism are influencing factors, but you have to manage the player right and train right. What is right varies on the player though.

From what I've read in a few threads there is something akin to a bell-curve for each player, related to their attributes (it also influences the late bloom players) so there will be variance between players. 

In my experience its rather easy for players to retain their technical and mental attributes, those who have endured even into their late 30's.

My real issue with longevity has perhaps been too many players retiring while still performing at far too high a standard. Getting players to continue beyond 36/37 has been practically impossible for me despite some players still churning out average ratings closer to 8 than 7, a couple years back I had a 37 year old van Persie retire after he scored nearly 40 in the premier league. Definitely retired way too soon.

What I mean is on FM18 Ronaldo has PA 195, and CA 195 at age 32. I know their physical swallow when they get old, but most of my players start getting a gap between PA and CA before completing 30 years. How Ronaldo is different created is what I want to understand. Messi on FM17 kept 199 CA ability in most of my saves till he was 32-33 years if I remember correctly. But when I tried to do the same with my players keeping max CA at age 32-33, I couldnt...

Also CA from my old players dropped much faster than Messi and Ronaldo at FM17 at later age... So I want to understand if it is possible to have better longevity to players or Messi and Ronaldo on FM17 were just special. 

Archived