Sports Interactive Community

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@dothestrand Great philosophy on the French players and some nice transfer deals. You're making money for them and one day, when you crack the big two, you'll be a very satisfied manager!

@Jogo Bonito Letting Kurzawa go was hard as there isn't another LB anywhere near as good, so I've had to use Foulquier out of position. Sarr/Zagadou are too pricey unfortunately. Luckily the French youth system is so good in the game that you can have a French only team. One problem is that Cardona had Spanish second nationality, which he's taken so he might get the chop now. Gouiri is my main striker anyway so I won't feel so bad.

20 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Guys, quit worrying about Geubbels' low Stamina. Get him chances and playing time and he'll come good

601153346_ScreenShot2018-09-06at22_16_29.thumb.png.5b4b36cba48d9314469c5ca51a81752f.png

He's played 2 and a half seasons for me (up to late January as the screenshot shows). His stats:

apps(sub) - goals - assists - pom - rating

32(1) - 20 - 13 - 4 - 7.55

37(1) - 31 - 14 - 6 - 7.66

22(1) - 18 - 8 - 5 - 7.82

He's on a support duty, in a formation serving primarily to get the best out of another role in the team (Fekir as AF right now). He's also gained 4.2 in Stamina despite rarely being trained in it as Complete Forward (his training for the pretty much the entire time) doesn't cover it.

He looks miles better than mine :( 

25 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

Oh, two whippersnappers in the last youth intake. These kids should be phenomenal.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 18.29.18.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 18.30.36.png

Cracking prospects! Ance looks very promising.

41 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

@Jogo Bonito Letting Kurzawa go was hard as there isn't another LB anywhere near as good, so I've had to use Foulquier out of position. Sarr/Zagadou are too pricey unfortunately. Luckily the French youth system is so good in the game that you can have a French only team. One problem is that Cardona had Spanish second nationality, which he's taken so he might get the chop now. Gouiri is my main striker anyway so I won't feel so bad.

Ferland Mendy??

Edited by john1

9 minutes ago, john1 said:

Ferland Mendy??

Sold him ages ago. Didn't really perform for me, and hasn't for subsequent clubs.

Just now, dothestrand said:

Sold him ages ago. Didn't really perform for me, and hasn't for subsequent clubs.

Oh :D Who to? He does perform brilliantly now and again.

3 minutes ago, john1 said:

Oh :D Who to? He does perform brilliantly now and again.

Toulouse for 3m. In the following two seasons he's averaging 6.8. 

@john1 did he have any injuries? There's bound to be better versions of Gouiri out there because mine broke his leg and was out for 6 months - he still performs outstandingly but I feel its the system not the player, whereas with Geubbels who's just had a few knocks every year its a combination of system and brilliant player. The other thing is playing time - I blooded Geubbels early as the two guys ahead of him for the DLF role in my tactic were Lisandro Lopez, who lost all his pace before the start of 2nd season pre-season and so didn't play until the last game of 2nd season (I posted about it a while back, it was on hell of a game), and Nabil Fekir who moved to the AF role when I fell out with Burkina Faso and sold Traore to Juventus a season earlier than I'd planned.

@dothestrand This is going to be a recurring theme isn't it? People post about a player not working out for them and he's performed brilliantly for me. Then again a lot of the credit must go to Rashidi's outstanding tactic, the WB-At MEZ-Su AP-Su combo on that flank means we are brilliant at keeping the ball down that side. He wasn't great in the first season though, an 18 month loan was the making of him. Have you looked at Theo Hernandez? I got him on a loan when I sent out Mendy but I've noticed he tends to never become a regular in the Madrid side as they'll buy someone even more expensive. Benjamin Mendy often gets listed by Man City as well.

Two amazing deals came through at the end of the Summer window. Pavard from Stuttgart for 10m and Diakhaby from Monaco for 4.1m. Ndombele had fewer than two years on his contract and had fallen out with the club big time after a move abroad was rejected. In the end, with Serie A clubs circling, we let him go to Juventus for 26.5m - less than hoped but we just wanted to draw a line under it and we took the best deal we could get. Terrier was let go too; he never really performed in an AM role, and we have Aktas playing alongside Aouar there, as well as a few more versatile midfielders like Ntcham and Fevre.

Well the season has ended well considering its my first go at it. I had 4 players come to me with concerns about Fekir (the same as in a previous post), they basically said he wants to leave so why not let him leave, I chose to agree with them so will look at selling him for top dollar as well as Jeremy Morel and Stefano Denswil (I bought last year)

I'm playing a 4 3 3

Mariano/Geubbels/Gouiri

depay                                                               Traore

Barkley/Aouar/ferri    Toussart/ferri   Ndombele/Aouar/Ferri

Marcal/Mendy  Diakhaby   Yanga Mbiwa/Marcelo   Tete/Rafael

They are the best players I have for them positions, if this tactic works I guess I need to buy at least 2 players to provide cover for Depay and Traore, cover for left midfield if I don't get Barkley which I don't see as likely due to his fee, a centre defender would be useful.

Checked out Pavard and his fee is astronomical, its £81m.

Ill see if I can locate this Rashidi tactic, maybe its the answer I'm after.

Does Maxwell Cornet  do well for anyone ?

Hes another Im considering selling.

Edited by User0912

13 minutes ago, User0912 said:

Well the season has ended well considering its my first go at it. I had 4 players come to me with concerns about Fekir (the same as in a previous post), they basically said he wants to leave so why not let him leave, I chose to agree with them so will look at selling him for top dollar as well as Jeremy Morel and Stefano Denswil (I bought last year)

I'm playing a 4 3 3

Mariano/Geubbels/Gouiri

depay                                                               Traore

Barkley/Aouar/ferri    Toussart/ferri   Ndombele/Aouar/Ferri

Marcal/Mendy  Diakhaby   Yanga Mbiwa/Marcelo   Tete/Rafael

They are the best players I have for them positions, if this tactic works I guess I need to buy at least 2 players to provide cover for Depay and Traore, cover for left midfield if I don't get Barkley which I don't see as likely due to his fee, a centre defender would be useful.

Checked out Pavard and his fee is astronomical, its £81m.

Ill see if I can locate this Rashidi tactic, maybe its the answer I'm after.

Pavard was a weird one for me. I never thought of signing him as I assumed his fee would be so high (although obviously the game predates his excellent WC). My scout said they'd take a fee of around 10m in Summer 2020, so maybe in a few seasons....

There's a long running thread in Career Updates based in France.

2032 story so fae

This is my career in it

Edited by Deisler26

Lol Chelsea have said they are willing to listen to offers for Barkley, they only want £123m yet has a value of £31m, another 1 I saw was Luke Shaw valued at £23.5m but Utd wanted £142m.

The figures are crazy.

Stuttgart want £72m for Pavard, I cant afford that lol, Ive only been given £24m by the board.

Edited by User0912

38 minutes ago, User0912 said:

Lol Chelsea have said they are willing to listen to offers for Barkley, they only want £123m yet has a value of £31m, another 1 I saw was Luke Shaw valued at £23.5m but Utd wanted £142m.

The figures are crazy.

Stuttgart want £72m for Pavard, I cant afford that lol, Ive only been given £24m by the board.

The game in a nutshell. Even when players request transfers because they're not getting first team football, the big clubs take the ****. Tolisso wants to leave Bayern, but Bayern want more than his value! 

23 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

The game in a nutshell. Even when players request transfers because they're not getting first team football, the big clubs take the ****. Tolisso wants to leave Bayern, but Bayern want more than his value! 

Yet when I want to ship out Fekir I cant get £50m, I may have to accept £25m.

Could do with some bargain buys for example.

Edited by User0912

On 08/09/2018 at 00:44, zlatanera said:

@john1 did he have any injuries? There's bound to be better versions of Gouiri out there because mine broke his leg and was out for 6 months - he still performs outstandingly but I feel its the system not the player, whereas with Geubbels who's just had a few knocks every year its a combination of system and brilliant player. The other thing is playing time - I blooded Geubbels early as the two guys ahead of him for the DLF role in my tactic were Lisandro Lopez, who lost all his pace before the start of 2nd season pre-season and so didn't play until the last game of 2nd season (I posted about it a while back, it was on hell of a game), and Nabil Fekir who moved to the AF role when I fell out with Burkina Faso and sold Traore to Juventus a season earlier than I'd planned.

He tends to pick up minor knocks there and again. Here is his history

fab5b997c1dac57fd3a540fa62af2dc3.png 

And Geubbels, is out for 4-6 months with broken leg :( Happened in training :mad: 

4 minutes ago, john1 said:

He tends to pick up minor knocks there and again. Here is his history

fab5b997c1dac57fd3a540fa62af2dc3.png 

And Geubbels, is out for 4-6 months with broken leg :( Happened in training :mad: 

Yeah you can come back from those little ones, Geubbels and Fekir's histories under me look like that. Hope he comes back from that alright! As I said, Gouiri is still great after one, just not world class like he could have been. At least broken legs can't become recurring injuries.

49 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah you can come back from those little ones, Geubbels and Fekir's histories under me look like that. Hope he comes back from that alright! As I said, Gouiri is still great after one, just not world class like he could have been. At least broken legs can't become recurring injuries.

I agree, he is playing well with Willem II, but hopefully he can rediscover his form when he comes back. Might dip into the market for back up striker.

6b054751b660f2615cc26d968c738b3b.png 

YES! champions with a game to go! PSG was constantly right behind me, until they slipped up to 4-1 defeat to Dijon and us drew against Nantes :cool: 

Will do update after one game left and cup final.

alexandre-lacazette-lyon-roma_1dfo17v0vv

Lyon 2019-20 season

540a60836fcedd470380341e17d6ab62.png d7193dd5c93d3d5b69d539d5e83eaf70.png 

Fantastic season for us, Disappointed we went out to Shakhtar in Champions League Quarter Final :( 

Players stats

74f616d449138e75964f46be628a28e7.png 411372b32fc76e0c2de98caa7cba1324.png 

I am not surprised Aouar, won player of the season as he have been superb. I have no idea what my plans for next season, might revert back to 4-2-3-1 or go for something completely different. I am being linked to Ajax, Arsenal and Tottenham job.

Edited by john1

acc4574ba4dedf0ead4a37f6c8a5ea8a.png 

I am not sure if this is good news? We only sold out 3 games :( 

But we got top average attendance in the league
fbb2a7a966dfc446e418d419bddc3d4f.png 

Highest attendance

4d4e329a8e1f39eab6c1f6fa575b3cf4.png 

0bc5b888cb1c76367bf483e52899e4b8.png

Great to see facilities being upgraded.

Edited by john1

08a36302f23fb516d5dacea2e52a578c.png 

Surprised to see Rennes, relegated! 

Here is updated league table after play off between Caen and AC Ajaccio which latter won.

aa216a11bd8777cb0638fad48aa3bbd5.png 

Great to see my 6 of my players being recognised for their form :cool: 

b0553f96740bf6f8f1b939af69e2d3e0.png  

Also brilliant to see Cornet, winning this award back to back :applause:Delighted to see Aouar, came close 2nd!

ab791b97fa4a3ac77bce8923ed3b73ff.png 

Fully deserved.

9 hours ago, john1 said:

acc4574ba4dedf0ead4a37f6c8a5ea8a.png 

I am not sure if this is good news? We only sold out 3 games :( 

But we got top average attendance in the league
fbb2a7a966dfc446e418d419bddc3d4f.png 

Highest attendance

4d4e329a8e1f39eab6c1f6fa575b3cf4.png 

0bc5b888cb1c76367bf483e52899e4b8.png

Great to see facilities being upgraded.

When I request this, the board rejects it. However, they usually back down when you get grumpy.

I didn't request anything :D It came up saying they upgrading :p They keep rejecting when I want to upgrade youth recruitment ffs, until I threatened to resign and they gave in :D 

Anyone managed Saint-Etienne or OCG Nice? Thinking of making them my main save for FM19, was wondering how people found them in 18. Nice seem to have some brilliant regens in my saves! 

Edited by FlairRA

1 hour ago, john1 said:

I didn't request anything :D It came up saying they upgrading :p They keep rejecting when I want to upgrade youth recruitment ffs, until I threatened to resign and they gave in :D 

That's probably a bit of added realism tbh, if you think of Youth Recruitment as how far across France they look - Lyon are very good at it, but I remember seeing quotes from staff members high up in the academy there saying they don't want to move kids large distances, preferring to recruit from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region unless they find the next Messi.

I don't think I bothered with mine, the repeat "golden generation" intakes seemed good enough. Just maximised junior coaching and facilities.

In season 2020-21, PSG won the title easily of course, but we managed to pip Monaco to 2nd! Although we were knocked out of our CL group, finishing in 3rd spot, we then went on an excellent Europa League run, getting all the way to the final (having beaten Chelsea in the SF!). Unfortunately Lazio were too good for us on the day, just edging it 3-2.

In the close season so far, just a few outgoings of fringe players. We still had a problem with the LB position, where we were alternating two RBs who 'could' play at LB (Foulquier, Gaspar). Signing Sarr or Zagadou and using them as square pegs in round holes wasn't possible. BUT, Man City had signed Jose Gaya from Valencia the season before, which meant Bernard Mendy was kicking his heels. Eventually they transfer listed him and 28m later - he's a Lyon player!

In honour of my longest ever save in France, I picked up this.

The player on the back is my newgen striker who broke the club record for goals

3483D667-3E5F-427D-8EF4-867DF385F3B8.jpeg

CD812B7B-A6CB-490C-965A-023979F624BC.jpeg

7 hours ago, dothestrand said:

More media hyping of our youth players:

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.27.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.27.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.30.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.31.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.32.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.32.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.33.29.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 12.33.39.png

Cracking regens :eek: 

Ive got a Decision to make, do I sell Fekir, Marcal, Ferri and then reinvest that in the squad. Im inclined to sell Ferri at least as I annoyed him, Fekir only because he would bring in at least £25m but possibly more.

Ive decided I need to buy 2 new wing backs, maybe a centre midfielder, someone to play as inside forward and a striker.

I think Ill look into regens and what I need to look out for.

Edited by User0912
more info

Anyone able to tell me if I'm able to insert a min fee release clause into a players contract ?

Ive started a new game and was wondering if you can do it

Id like to do it for Fekir and Lopes so if I do get offers I can get top dollar.

3 hours ago, User0912 said:

Anyone able to tell me if I'm able to insert a min fee release clause into a players contract ?

Ive started a new game and was wondering if you can do it

Id like to do it for Fekir and Lopes so if I do get offers I can get top dollar.

I think you can via offering them new contract :thup: 

@User0912 @john1 yeah you can put one in during contract negotiations. If you want to do it though, lock it as non-negotiable - it will make the agent act like an absolute ***** and you'll have to overpay, but if you leave it negotiable he'll lock in a ridiculously low one.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 08:15, Deisler26 said:

In honour of my longest ever save in France, I picked up this.

The player on the back is my newgen striker who broke the club record for goals

3483D667-3E5F-427D-8EF4-867DF385F3B8.jpeg

CD812B7B-A6CB-490C-965A-023979F624BC.jpeg

It's a lovely shirt. I actually bought one myself this year after spending 10 years with them in game. Didn't go full commitment like yourself and get a name on the back though so kudos for that.

The 21-22 season saw a another second placed finish, but we're getting closer. I think it's fair to say we'd win the league most years with that record! A 34 point gap between 3rd and 4th shows how fractured the league has got. PSG and Monaco can always spend unlimited amounts though.

Trying to work out how to make that one extra push; we've maxed our transfer budget out for the season that Summer - Sarr (9m) and Cuisance (25m) were in the last year of their contract and their clubs were willing to let them leave. We've let a few 3.5 potential youngsters go when City/Liverpool came in for them with silly money. I'm also letting a couple of backup defenders go (Mukiele being one of them) and a few of our other players are getting interest elsewhere - Nardi, Diakhaby - I'd be happy to let them go and replace them if the money was good.

Some of our talented kids have seriously kicked on. And I have to find a place for Mbamba in the future (even though I don't play wingers)!

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 07.26.24.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 07.32.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 07.32.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 07.33.36.png

Got another question, Ive started a new game and Ive chosen any loan offers to be decided by my DoF, Ive had 2 that have been rejected and 1 accepted so is it accepted if the DoF decides its worthwhile sending the player on loan ?