FM18: France

zlatanera

@Ronaldo Beckham Traore is gone. He performed great as the Salah role because I trained him to beat the offside trap with that pace. Geubbels is performing outstandingly so far, and Gouiri was one hell of a backup for that position - sadly he's broke his leg, which can take up to 6 months to heal so god knows what he's going to be like when he returns. I've been playing this young guy as the backup instead and he's performed surprisingly well

5aec74b4e0ff9_ScreenShot2018-05-04at15_56_32.thumb.png.3e27a5d5330debb7212db924e9c95ef9.png

Not giving him any ppms yet as he's waiting on a tutor - despite that personality he bitches about training constantly. 

Also Gelson Martins has been an outstanding signing. I have my goal replays slowed down yet still managed to only get these screenshots:

5aec74ed37ffa_ScreenShot2018-05-04at15_18_38.thumb.png.6e36b9286f3a3cd0bb86803b2d4376f9.png

5aec74f206521_ScreenShot2018-05-04at15_18_44.thumb.png.888570dfe21d1c37d266d9dc5ec197d1.png

5aec74f7dc05b_ScreenShot2018-05-04at15_18_46.thumb.png.9f289c0b764e8f4ec0b267bdd75ef858.png

18 Dribbling, 18 Technique, 19 Flair, 17 Acceleration, 17 Agility, 15 Balance, 17 pace, two-footed = Messi-esque dribbling. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/05/2018 at 11:28, Evanescent said:

If I were to use this tactic in France, I might try Bordeaux. It would be fun to reach past heights and perhaps Malcom could be a good approximation for Salah.

I've decided to do this, so add another Rashidi convert. 18.3 DB with my own sporadically updated PA file (change log if curious). Lyon save will continue, used to juggling multiple saves.

Immediate thoughts are that we are no PSG/Monaco or even Lyon/Marseille...it will tough to do much in the transfer market. Most of the squad just joined Bordeaux IRL so they won't be moving anywhere. Also a non-existent wage budget available means that after a budget adjustment, you are left without much for a transfer budget. I am kinda fine with it though, with this Rashidi tactic that I am unfamiliar with using and the poor level of team cohesion, I wasn't going to make wholesale changes anyway. 

Bordeaux Squad Sept 2017 (decent youth in brackets, * denotes signing)

GK - Costil/Prior (Poussin)

DR - Sabaly/Gajic (Kounde/Carrique)

DC - Baysse/Pablo/Lewczuk/Bassong* (Verdon/Kounde/Cissokho)

DL - Contento/Pellenard

Two great RB options. Weak in central defence and want a better backup LB. Ideally Pablo would be a backup instead of 1st choice CB. Added Sebastien Bassong on a free for CB depth, wanted someone with decent ability that was left-footed. LB Poundje left on loan with option to buy. Tried to sign HG LB Benoit Tremoulinas but he picked Nice instead (couldn't match the wages). LB Pellenard will have to do for now.

MCR (DLP) - Vada/Plasil/Otavio (Dumai)

MC (CM) - Lerager/Otavio (Tchouameni)

MCL (MEZ) - Sankhare/Vada/Otavio (Youssouf)

Rashidi's tactic has three CMs so luckily, CM is a strong point in the Bordeaux squad with 5 good options (Vada/Lerager/Otavio/Sankhare/Plasil). They start with a 6th good CM option in Meite from Monaco but I cut his loan short to free up wages (he was top earner at the club at 33k p/w, 2k more than the star man Malcom). Might add a CM in January, to help offset Plasil's decline (he is 35yo after all).

AML (AP) - Kamano/De Preville/Cafu/Braithwaite (Kebbal/Semaoun)

STC (DLF) - Hassan*/Laborde/Mendy/Braithwaite

STCR (AF) - Malcom/Laborde (Benrahou/Ndombasi)

Malcom is the main man while Hassan is a signing from Braga that is a better option for DLF than what I inherited. Kamano just shades De Preville and Cafu for AML but all three are of a similar level. Laborde was going to be starting DLF before Hassan's arrival and now will be the main DLF/AF backup. Braithwaite is a loan with option to buy that is just not needed. No option to terminate loan unfortunately. Tried for Josue to play AP but he picked Brighton instead.

Squad Summary

A good all-round squad but a little weak in central defence and no standout AP option. No players with potential to hit that world class level with the exception of Malcom and Vada. A decent amount of youth prospects but if they pan out, they will only be squad options. Board and players expect Europa League qualification, and fair enough too, that is honestly our level.

Transfers

20180505010251_1.thumb.jpg.3df902220c4a4c949dfaa42b04557b65.jpg

+ Meite loan termination. Ntambani is a young winger, formerly of Monaco. Future Ins: RB Advan Kadusic and DR Congo youngster Meschak Elia joining in January on frees, once their contracts expire.

Schedule

20180505010500_1.thumb.jpg.c2b924bb0385068782b85293247702fb.jpg

Started the season in 7th, with 7 pts out of 12 (2-1-1). Was up 3-1 in the Lyon game only to lose to a 89th minute goal from Traore. Rode my luck in some of the other matches. Never a dull moment with this tactic, felt vulnerable in every match with the exception of the Troyes win. (Edit: worth noting that Costil was injured for the Lyon game, had to use the backup GK Prior).

@Evanescent that's the sort of scorelines that make this tactic so fun haha.

I just topped an erstwhile 'Group of Death' in the Champions League

5aed227d579b8_ScreenShot2018-05-05at04_17_44.thumb.png.6ad6a5f473e238a8bd393e88120cb713.png

The first game against Bayern was a classic...

5aebdb9c746a6_Lyon8-2Bayern.thumb.png.d0624ed0ed86269738867398891b209e.png.13337d3c0a7ab4e3789b8a1a351e1a71.png

But I think the final game (we'd already topped the group with a game in hand but I still played a reasonable lineup) was something else entirely:5aed2306169eb_ScreenShot2018-05-05at04_20_17.png.c85682d3211e77efa755d99c81bd2dd4.png

There were 6 minutes of added time at the end of this game...when Fekir's free kick hit the back of the net to level it the clock read 97:37

I certainly pity whoever draws Bayern in the Europa League. Also, we had 14 points and +14 goal difference which I really like. 

LYON UPDATE 

I finally had a golden generation come through at Lyon, quite happy with some of the youngsters coming through, all my facilities are state of the art, my youth recruitment and junior coaching is at its best and I am reaping the rewards.

I am currently top of the league with 28 games gone, neck and neck on points with PSG but I have a bit better goal difference, I am really hoping to clinch the title but if not at least the gap will be a lot smaller. I am currently in the Champions League first round knockouts, I have got Real Madrid, the first leg we beat them 6-1 so hoping to finish the job against them in the next leg. 

I will do a full season update tomorrow.

Lyon Golden Gen.png

Lyon Youth Intake.png

What an intake! I'm almost done my first season with marseille, will update tomorrow. The results have been good. I think i've cemented second place, almost won Coupe de ligue. My strikers have been in awful form lately tho

Good progress guys!

I'm currently 3 points ahead of PSG - who have a game in hand - after we dropped points at Toulouse (I arranged to sign Alban Lafont in summer, the next day he saves 11 shots against me :( ) and Rennes (who have been amazing this season, which they opened by beating PSG 1-0). Got my 1st leg of the CL knockout against Sporting then 2 days later I play PSG at home (I beat them away but then lost in the Coupe de la Ligue, can't remember if it was home or away).

We did a sweep of awards season - Fekir got Ballon d'Or and World Player of the Year, Geubbels got Ligue 1 Revelation and European Golden Boy (he was probably in the top 10 for the global awards given his form). The only black mark on youth development this season has been Amine Gouiri picking up a 6 month injury which meant he didn't play until January. Regen Aymeric Guinchard did well and has now been loaned out, whilst Gouiri has scored 7 in 3 games since coming back, but he lost a bit of pace and 1 star of potential whilst he was out (although that could just be due to how well Geubbels is developing). I'm also on track to hit over 100 goals in the league this season, after totals of 79 and 80 in the previous 2.  

LYON End Of Season 4 Update

So PSG basically were the bogey team for me, I lost to them late in the league campaign and they ended up winning the title by 6 points as I lost the last leage of to the season to FC Metz, I also then lost to PSG in the France cup semis and more annoying I lost to them in the Champions League final in extra time, they are really strong and hard to budge off the top.

Positives to come from this season was that the tactic is working and I have a lot of good young players in Traore, Ndombele, Malcom, Okufor, Seri, Vilehena, Trousart and 2 really good regens, plus loads of excellent youngsters coming through.

I will defeat PSG sooner or later.

Lyon End Of Season 4.png

@Ronaldo Beckham keep at it! They're definitely the hardest mega club to overhaul - Juventus' finances aren' that outstanding and Bayern simply aren't on the same level resource-wise as PSG either. Both of them are in leagues where other teams can take points off them whereas Marseille and Monaco tend to be inconsistent.

I've just beaten them 3-1 to do the double over them for the first time, puts us 3 points clear - they have a game in hand - with head-to-head, goal difference (54 vs 51), goals scored (83 vs 59) and Away goals scored (32 vs 28). I've still got 9 league games but its in my hands now! I have a chance of progressing in the CL, and we're both still in the Coupe de France so this is going to be seriously close. I feel this is the best shot I'll ever get as its the first time they've ever lost more than 2 games in a league season in this save. 

So the French football authorities just effectively used their scheduling powers to throw us out of the Coupe de France...

5aee8c862c971_ScreenShot2018-05-06at06_01_00.png.a640ee886be41600d9c06caf03e692d4.png

This slugfest was bizarrely scheduled during the international break - presumably it should have been on the saturday/sunday before our CL quarter final against Man City, but instead it was on a wednesday, almost a week before. This meant that our best goalkeeper (Lopes), defender (Ruben Dias) and winger (Gelson Martins) were away with Portugal, first backup striker (Paulinho, new signing from Vasco da Gama) was away with Brazil, and the likes of Fekir and most of the rest of the squad (bar Tousart and Ndombele, two who are too old for junior internationals but haven't broke into the main France squad) were at 70-80%. Amazingly we didn't get any injuries, but Bordeaux were coming at us all on 95% (their main man Malcom didn't make the Brazil squad so they were full strength). 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue this save if this happens again. i've never had this before - managing in Norway I would sometimes be missing some players but they'd then give me the option to reschedule a fixture - in a major league and it seems to be a recurring issue. 

At least the game itself was eventful - Martin Terrier unluckily deflecting it into his own net then scoring in the move straight off the kick off, and my third goal was an outside of the box volley by Pagis, a 16 year old regen full back with 4 long shots. 

2019/20 - Extremely fast and oh-so-close

So I've finally completed my third season with Lyon, and the end was incredibly stressful but also fun! I've pouted about going out of the cup in my previous post so this will just deal with my league and European campaigns. 

Ligue 1

5aef7f3067f6d_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_18_04.thumb.png.05e8ae64c65522a8b714c6c06df48b24.png

With only two games to go only our head to head records and goals (difference, scored, and away goals scored) were keeping me above PSG. They faltered in those last two, drawing blanks against Reims and Rennes whilst we beat Monaco 2-1 thanks to a late goal from Amine Gouri Solskjær (re-named because he made them a habit) and then thumped Nice 6-1 on the final day to seal the title! In doing so we set records for points (97, previous was 96 for PSG in 2015/16), wins (31, again beating PSG 2015/16), and falling only two goals short (116) of beating Racing CFF Colombes' goals scored record of 118 way back in 1959/60. I hadn't realised how close we got to the latter until I looked again, and I'm really disappointed we didn't make it now - I played for 15 seasons on FM16 and didn't manage to get over 110. 

Nabil Fekir equalled Lacazette's final season by getting 28 goals in the league, with his overall total of 43 beating Nestor Combin's 41 from 1963/64. 

We also repeatedly refined our fast start records so that Amine Gouiri (Solskjær)'s goal 11 seconds into a cup game (his first back after a 6 month injury) is our fastest goal, hence the "Extremely Fast" part of the post title.

Champions League

I had not expected to get far in the Champions League once the draw was announced, with a tough group of Bayern Munich, Chelsea, and Inter looking like an insurmountable challenge. I hoped to perhaps scrape 3rd and go for the Europa League whilst also dreading that competition's potential to derail our title challenge. However:

5aef815138a39_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_27_13.thumb.png.b42210d86a369c9dbb09ddf294ab965f.png

Bayern were so badly traumatised by us that they surrendered the Bundesliga title for the first time since 2011/12 and didn't win anything else either. Given the financial disparity and Willem Geubbels missing the entirety of April the ties against City and Atletico were approached with much apprehension. The former crumbled shockingly easily, but Atletico were another thing altogether.

A violent first leg ended with surprisingly few cards but still both sides had a man sent off (Koke and Tousart), appearing to put us in the driving seat for the return leg. Diego Costa scoring right off the kickoff gave us it all to do, with Maolida's 4th minute equaliser setting us up to go out on away goals, before Fekir and January signing Paulinho put us in control before half time leading to an uneventful second half setting us up for a final with Liverpool, of all teams. 

Between their collusion with the Burkinabe and Cameroonian football associations to defeat us in the 1st knockout round last season, my (United supporter's) hatred for the club, appreciation for Klopp and the fact that I've consciously modelled my side after the current Salah-powered vintage gave us all sorts of narratives for the BT Sport team to overhype going into the game. A lack of suspensions and injuries meant both teams went into the final at full strength and for once, the fans were not disappointed, the Johan Cruijff ArenA hosting one of the all time great finals IMO, with 8 goals (and three disallowed). 

The first 20 minutes were all Liverpool and after Belotti opened the scoring on 13 minutes I was worried. A quick shout of "Show Some Passion!" to the boys and Fekir equalised on 22 minutes , with Abdou Diallo having a goal disallowed a minute later. In the 27th minute Fekir swung in a corner which was flicked on by Ruben Dias for Abdou Diallo to finally get his goal. We were in the ascendancy and I was feeling confident of a third to put the tie to bed, however Anthony Lopes channelled his inner Mignolet, missing both the ball and Ben Woodburn when he came for a cross, which Woodburn promptly buried in the net. 

The second half featured more 'heavy-metal football' with both sides alternating between fluid possession moves and centre backs pinging it over the top for Fekir, Geubbels, Salah and Belotti to run on to. In the 79th minute another Fekir corner found the head of Diallo, who flicked it on for Tousart to stretch a leg and convert and once again I thought I had it, but Emil Forsberg put a screamer onto the inside of the post 5 minutes later to send the tie to extra time. 

2 minutes into extra time I was screaming into my pillow as Belotti got another, Lopes getting nowhere near it at the near post. A half time hairdryer treatment to the players and my final substitution to bring on Gouiri (Solskjær) soon paid off, as he scored a great goal for 4-4 from the edge of the box in the 109th. Both teams by this time were gassed and only the goalkeepers covering for their outfield compadres' mistakes forced it to penalties. 

Fekir (who will no longer be taking penalties) and Gouiri (Solskjær) missed, before insult was added to injury as Lyon old boy Corentin Tolisso, whom Liverpool had outbid me for the previous season, scored the winning penalty. A bag of money may never literally score a goal, but this was pretty close. 

Fekir got the golden boot with 11 goals, ahead of Belotti (11) and Geubbels (10), and Gelson Martins got midfielder of the tournament to at least limit their suffering. 

I hope to have another stab at it next season, but given the consistent excellence required to beat PSG to the title I'm not hopeful, especially with teams circling for most of our squad. If I sell, I could easily make £500m this next transfer window, I'm going to try hold onto most players but if Real Madrid improve on their January offers and double my money for Gelson Martins he may leave. 

Stats:

5aef871dbf831_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_51_47.thumb.png.8fb7ae4c5aea5b2dd66cb6330f57b11f.png

(not pictured is my regen right back who also got 7 assists). 

For anyone wondering how much Amine Gouiri Solskjær deserves his nickname, he scored off the bench at the business end of the season against Marseille, Metz, Monaco and Liverpool - not icing the cake of a 6-0, these were key goals in games finising 3-2 (Gouiri winner), 3-1 (Gouiri removing doubt from the result), 2-1 (Gouiri winner) and 4-4 (in excruciating detail above).

I am looking to start a save in the French Leagues, and I am looking for a club below the top clubs. Preferably the club isn't playing in Europe, and will have a couple of young players to build around paired with a craking youth setup. I have had a look at Metz and Sochaux, but Metz seemingly lack real talents to build around. If anybody has a suggestion, I'' be thankful. If not, I might give Sochaux a go.

LYON END OF SEASON 5 UPDATE

Close but not close enough is how to sum up my 5th season at Lyon, I was top of the league for most of the season, I then had a blip at the worst time of the year and then PSG took over and I couldn't get back on top, I ended up losing the title by 2 points, I am getting closer though, I aint stopping until I win the title.

I did win the Champions League though, beating Arsenal in the Quarters, Chelsea in the Semis and Spurs in the final.

My main man Noah Okafor scored 35 goals in 58 games, he also had 26 assists and rightly so won World Player Of The Year. He is the new king of Europe.

My other key players were Traore, Malcom, my regens Deschamps and Jehl, also my free transfer signings of Marko Rog and Sergei Palencia become first team regulars, they are also both valued at 50m each, imagine if I sold them, 100m profit lol.

My aim next year is to focus on the league and finally topple PSG. 

Lyon End Of Season 5.png

Lyon Season 5 Squad.png

Lyon Season 5 Transfers Part 1.png

Lyon Season 5 Transfers Part 2.png

Great seasons guys, good to see some much deserved success @zlatanera @Ronaldo Beckham

Bordeaux - Feb 2018 Update

Transfers

Received some good news 1st of November...

Bord.thumb.jpg.f16930bd67ffb8c43ef0760a6e0807b4.jpg

...which meant I had plenty of time to prep for January arrivals. The club finances were very healthy at the start of the game and didn't really improve much, it's just that not much of it was available for transfers. The main thing I wanted was some depth and I didn't want to blow the whole budget. I wanted to move the leftover amount into the wage budget so I could chase some of the players available on expiring contracts. Also, I didn't want the cash balance to evaporate because the board has agreed to upgrade training and youth facilities. Around the same time (maybe a little earlier, say late October), the squad became divided after Malcom asked to leave for a bigger club and I categorically rejected his request.

20180508010853_1.thumb.jpg.52932f4a18cbf757342e5119d1e6fc5a.jpg

The two months of planning meant that I could arrange 6 transfers for January 1st. Picked up 3 starters (LB Meling, CM Trondsen, CB Henrique) and 3 youngsters (CM Valente, CF Jovanovic, CM Mendez who was transfer listed by request). The only permanent transfer out was 28yo CM Sankhare. He had a contract that lasted until 2021 on decent money but he wanted a new deal. He wasn't happy with the 'plenty of time left' line and ended up taking his contract demands public. Suffice to say he was gone to the first suitor that would take him. The rest of the window saw loan departures and two further arrivals. Xadas has an opportunity to make the AML position his own while N'Doram was a deadline day purchase for squad depth at CB and CM. The January 1st haul of players was good enough to convince Malcom to drop his concerns on the same day those players joined.

20180506194636_1.thumb.jpg.cc26fb33b8c3def7b931c505a6390e5f.jpg

Had a tough time getting players with June 30th expirings to join. So far only two are in the door. 21yo CB Sidy Sarr and one I am really excited for, Sergio Canales. I also want to note that the 4 non-EU limit really screwed me out of some great signings. Just off the top of my head, Danilo from Braga ended up going for 2.5m, Arana from Sevilla went for around 3.5m and Thiago Maia was available for 9.5m (Lille listed like 10 players from their first team due to 'insecure' finances, Maia was snapped on a loan to buy by AC Milan). It's also stopping me from offering Diego Reyes a contract.

Competitions

20180508013925_1.thumb.jpg.7a64121c940b12885f352c34ceebe4f5.jpg

Believe it or not, I was actually in 1st place after matchday 18! The new signings has given me more options and more depth but has negatively affected cohesion. In the 4 Ligue 1 games since January, I have gone DDWL. I have reached the minimum Europa League board expectation and I am considering tanking that tie. I have important Ligue 1 games in that period and beating Sevilla might be too much to ask anyway. In my Lyon save, the Coupe de la Ligue wasn't even a consideration for the board, but here at Bordeaux it's a serious competition. So much so, that we broke a home game attendance record for the SF, with ease (take that Bordeaux vs Juventus Champions League SF 1985!).

20180507114157_1.thumb.jpg.aa70e1a9348a8752aa297be32039dcce.jpg

Finally to end with, best players so far imo:

1) Hassan / 24(3) apps / 21 goals / 6 assists / 7.31 - Doing well in the DLF position. Runs a little hot and cold but generally delivers.

2) Laborde / 17(11) apps / 14 goals / 4 assists / 7.23 - Cover for DLF and AF but also given him some starts at AML. Comes up with some clutch goals off the bench.

3) Vada / 23(2) apps / 3 goals / 9 assists / 7.30 - By far the best midfielder at the club. Great return from DLP.

4) Malcom / 27(2) apps / 16 goals / 16 assists / 7.45 - Probably been more creative than I anticipated playing at AF. Went through a dry spell when he was unhappy (morale was poor) but starting to fire again.

5) Anyone playing at RB. Sabaly has 8 assists in 18(1) apps while Gajic has 8 assists in 16(3). They are the highest in average ratings at the club (Sabaly 7.64, Gajic 7.62).

@Evanescent Malcom has been amazing for me on the left wing as an advanced playmaker, glad he is doing well for you, I will enjoy reading how you get on as I always fancied doing a save with Bordeaux.

LYON Transfer Update

I sold Traore as he kept asking to leave so I sold him for 79m to Real Madrid, he served us well but he wanted to leave so I didn't want to stand in his way, I have also sold Pottker for 25m to Shandong, also sold Hidde ter Avest for 20m to Athletico Madrid.

I have signed Latauro Martinez for 14m, a regen for 20m and my personal favorite signing I signed Trent Alexander Arnold for 35m.

I won the European Super Cup beating Man Utd 2-0.

I have only played 2 league games so far, losing 1 and drawing the other, I aint getting my hopes up of winning the title lol.

19 hours ago, zlatanera said:

2019/20 - Extremely fast and oh-so-close

So I've finally completed my third season with Lyon, and the end was incredibly stressful but also fun! I've pouted about going out of the cup in my previous post so this will just deal with my league and European campaigns. 

Ligue 1

5aef7f3067f6d_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_18_04.thumb.png.05e8ae64c65522a8b714c6c06df48b24.png

With only two games to go only our head to head records and goals (difference, scored, and away goals scored) were keeping me above PSG. They faltered in those last two, drawing blanks against Reims and Rennes whilst we beat Monaco 2-1 thanks to a late goal from Amine Gouri Solskjær (re-named because he made them a habit) and then thumped Nice 6-1 on the final day to seal the title! In doing so we set records for points (97, previous was 96 for PSG in 2015/16), wins (31, again beating PSG 2015/16), and falling only two goals short (116) of beating Racing CFF Colombes' goals scored record of 118 way back in 1959/60. I hadn't realised how close we got to the latter until I looked again, and I'm really disappointed we didn't make it now - I played for 15 seasons on FM16 and didn't manage to get over 110. 

Nabil Fekir equalled Lacazette's final season by getting 28 goals in the league, with his overall total of 43 beating Nestor Combin's 41 from 1963/64. 

We also repeatedly refined our fast start records so that Amine Gouiri (Solskjær)'s goal 11 seconds into a cup game (his first back after a 6 month injury) is our fastest goal, hence the "Extremely Fast" part of the post title.

Champions League

I had not expected to get far in the Champions League once the draw was announced, with a tough group of Bayern Munich, Chelsea, and Inter looking like an insurmountable challenge. I hoped to perhaps scrape 3rd and go for the Europa League whilst also dreading that competition's potential to derail our title challenge. However:

5aef815138a39_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_27_13.thumb.png.b42210d86a369c9dbb09ddf294ab965f.png

Bayern were so badly traumatised by us that they surrendered the Bundesliga title for the first time since 2011/12 and didn't win anything else either. Given the financial disparity and Willem Geubbels missing the entirety of April the ties against City and Atletico were approached with much apprehension. The former crumbled shockingly easily, but Atletico were another thing altogether.

A violent first leg ended with surprisingly few cards but still both sides had a man sent off (Koke and Tousart), appearing to put us in the driving seat for the return leg. Diego Costa scoring right off the kickoff gave us it all to do, with Maolida's 4th minute equaliser setting us up to go out on away goals, before Fekir and January signing Paulinho put us in control before half time leading to an uneventful second half setting us up for a final with Liverpool, of all teams. 

Between their collusion with the Burkinabe and Cameroonian football associations to defeat us in the 1st knockout round last season, my (United supporter's) hatred for the club, appreciation for Klopp and the fact that I've consciously modelled my side after the current Salah-powered vintage gave us all sorts of narratives for the BT Sport team to overhype going into the game. A lack of suspensions and injuries meant both teams went into the final at full strength and for once, the fans were not disappointed, the Johan Cruijff ArenA hosting one of the all time great finals IMO, with 8 goals (and three disallowed). 

The first 20 minutes were all Liverpool and after Belotti opened the scoring on 13 minutes I was worried. A quick shout of "Show Some Passion!" to the boys and Fekir equalised on 22 minutes , with Abdou Diallo having a goal disallowed a minute later. In the 27th minute Fekir swung in a corner which was flicked on by Ruben Dias for Abdou Diallo to finally get his goal. We were in the ascendancy and I was feeling confident of a third to put the tie to bed, however Anthony Lopes channelled his inner Mignolet, missing both the ball and Ben Woodburn when he came for a cross, which Woodburn promptly buried in the net. 

The second half featured more 'heavy-metal football' with both sides alternating between fluid possession moves and centre backs pinging it over the top for Fekir, Geubbels, Salah and Belotti to run on to. In the 79th minute another Fekir corner found the head of Diallo, who flicked it on for Tousart to stretch a leg and convert and once again I thought I had it, but Emil Forsberg put a screamer onto the inside of the post 5 minutes later to send the tie to extra time. 

2 minutes into extra time I was screaming into my pillow as Belotti got another, Lopes getting nowhere near it at the near post. A half time hairdryer treatment to the players and my final substitution to bring on Gouiri (Solskjær) soon paid off, as he scored a great goal for 4-4 from the edge of the box in the 109th. Both teams by this time were gassed and only the goalkeepers covering for their outfield compadres' mistakes forced it to penalties. 

Fekir (who will no longer be taking penalties) and Gouiri (Solskjær) missed, before insult was added to injury as Lyon old boy Corentin Tolisso, whom Liverpool had outbid me for the previous season, scored the winning penalty. A bag of money may never literally score a goal, but this was pretty close. 

Fekir got the golden boot with 11 goals, ahead of Belotti (11) and Geubbels (10), and Gelson Martins got midfielder of the tournament to at least limit their suffering. 

I hope to have another stab at it next season, but given the consistent excellence required to beat PSG to the title I'm not hopeful, especially with teams circling for most of our squad. If I sell, I could easily make £500m this next transfer window, I'm going to try hold onto most players but if Real Madrid improve on their January offers and double my money for Gelson Martins he may leave. 

Stats:

5aef871dbf831_ScreenShot2018-05-06at23_51_47.thumb.png.8fb7ae4c5aea5b2dd66cb6330f57b11f.png

(not pictured is my regen right back who also got 7 assists). 

For anyone wondering how much Amine Gouiri Solskjær deserves his nickname, he scored off the bench at the business end of the season against Marseille, Metz, Monaco and Liverpool - not icing the cake of a 6-0, these were key goals in games finising 3-2 (Gouiri winner), 3-1 (Gouiri removing doubt from the result), 2-1 (Gouiri winner) and 4-4 (in excruciating detail above).

Great season there! What PPMS have you given Mr.Fekir?

@aloshajeffers I can't get him to learn "Beats Offside Trap" but despite his low (for a world class player) 13 Off The Ball he still gets in behind a lot. He's still got his original two (Runs With Ball Through Centre / Runs With Ball Often), I've added "Places Shots" and trained his weaker foot up to Reasonable, which has been a master stroke - he gets a lot of goals by rolling it under the goalkeeper's outstretched hands at the near post from about 1 yard out with aforementioned weaker foot. I'm training "Likes To Round Keeper" just to encourage this over shooting too early in his one-v-ones as I think that can be the difference to get him over 50 goals for the season. 

Bordeaux - End Of S1 Update - May 2018

Before we get to the league table, I am happy to report that I brought a trophy to Bordeaux, the first trophy in 5 seasons! It's only the Coupe De La Ligue but I will gladly take it.

20180508214947_1.thumb.jpg.4465d75cddd410e3ab969d7ff34cd9cc.jpg

Now to the league...this Ligue 1 season was bonkers and the most amount of parity I've ever seen in France. Just look at the title race situation with 5 games to go:

20180508185855_1.thumb.jpg.7c6ec1ce17cbff4aefe7afb3aa38050c.jpg

However the end result was predictable...PSG finished the strongest with 5 wins from 5 to wrap up the league title with a game to spare. 

20180508214507_1.thumb.jpg.37339cef7cdeb431f3e3a5115d726c90.jpg

With two games to go, Malcom asked to move to a bigger club again. Once again I say no, once again his morale tanked and once again his production dried up. We ended the season with a 0-0 draw (only league game where we failed to score a goal, Malcom missed a ton of chances) and a 1-0 win (where I started Malcom at AML instead of AF so we would not have a repeat of the 0-0 game). Going into the final matchday, we were in 4th position, 1 point behind Monaco. I was hoping that either Monaco or Lyon would slip up so I can sneak into the Champions League. Thankfully the surprise packet of the season, Troyes, helped me out by upsetting Monaco 3-1. The Europa League was nothing to write about, it ended with a 1st Knockout Rd defeat to Sevilla.

20180508214630_1.thumb.jpg.f7f4a08f387e5fec27262eb294ff03bc.jpg

The fans voted Malcom (40%) as Player of the Year ahead of Vada (28%) and Laborde (20%). Personally, I would give it to Laborde for his many clutch goals and his versatility playing as a starter and sub across AP/DLF/AF. Malcom was fantastic when he wasn't angling for an exit but I can't forget the 1/4 of the season when his morale tanked and firing blanks. Hassan deserves a mention for his goals and January signing Meling needs to be recognised for his output for LB. Contento could only muster up a goal and an assist over 27(7) apps. Meling came in and contributed a goal and 6 assists in 17 apps, giving me an additional attacking threat.

Looking forward to integrating free transfer signing Canales and loan returnees Rolan and Jovanovic to the squad, and excited to trim the deadwood. I am starting to keep an eye out for big money replacements for Malcom too. 2018/19 goals will be to continue to increase the talent in the squad, finish top 3 again and not embarrass ourselves in the Champions League. I feel that PSG will never ever have such a poor season again and that this season was the one where I could have stolen a league title. If I had just a little bit more quality or a less moody Malcom...

4 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@aloshajeffers I can't get him to learn "Beats Offside Trap" but despite his low (for a world class player) 13 Off The Ball he still gets in behind a lot. He's still got his original two (Runs With Ball Through Centre / Runs With Ball Often), I've added "Places Shots" and trained his weaker foot up to Reasonable, which has been a master stroke - he gets a lot of goals by rolling it under the goalkeeper's outstretched hands at the near post from about 1 yard out with aforementioned weaker foot. I'm training "Likes To Round Keeper" just to encourage this over shooting too early in his one-v-ones as I think that can be the difference to get him over 50 goals for the season. 

Wow man I hope he can break fifty for you! I assume he is playing as the AF? Keep it up though. Fekir is quite the talent, I sadly have never really been able to use him longterm (In FM 17 I had him for a season before he was snapped up)

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

Bordeaux - End Of S1 Update - May 2018

Before we get to the league table, I am happy to report that I brought a trophy to Bordeaux, the first trophy in 5 seasons! It's only the Coupe De La Ligue but I will gladly take it.

20180508214947_1.thumb.jpg.4465d75cddd410e3ab969d7ff34cd9cc.jpg

Now to the league...this Ligue 1 season was bonkers and the most amount of parity I've ever seen in France. Just look at the title race situation with 5 games to go:

20180508185855_1.thumb.jpg.7c6ec1ce17cbff4aefe7afb3aa38050c.jpg

However the end result was predictable...PSG finished the strongest with 5 wins from 5 to wrap up the league title with a game to spare. 

20180508214507_1.thumb.jpg.37339cef7cdeb431f3e3a5115d726c90.jpg

With two games to go, Malcom asked to move to a bigger club again. Once again I say no, once again his morale tanked and once again his production dried up. We ended the season with a 0-0 draw (only league game where we failed to score a goal, Malcom missed a ton of chances) and a 1-0 win (where I started Malcom at AML instead of AF so we would not have a repeat of the 0-0 game). Going into the final matchday, we were in 4th position, 1 point behind Monaco. I was hoping that either Monaco or Lyon would slip up so I can sneak into the Champions League. Thankfully the surprise packet of the season, Troyes, helped me out by upsetting Monaco 3-1. The Europa League was nothing to write about, it ended with a 1st Knockout Rd defeat to Sevilla.

20180508214630_1.thumb.jpg.f7f4a08f387e5fec27262eb294ff03bc.jpg

The fans voted Malcom (40%) as Player of the Year ahead of Vada (28%) and Laborde (20%). Personally, I would give it to Laborde for his many clutch goals and his versatility playing as a starter and sub across AP/DLF/AF. Malcom was fantastic when he wasn't angling for an exit but I can't forget the 1/4 of the season when his morale tanked and firing blanks. Hassan deserves a mention for his goals and January signing Meling needs to be recognised for his output for LB. Contento could only muster up a goal and an assist over 27(7) apps. Meling came in and contributed a goal and 6 assists in 17 apps, giving me an additional attacking threat.

Looking forward to integrating free transfer signing Canales and loan returnees Rolan and Jovanovic to the squad, and excited to trim the deadwood. I am starting to keep an eye out for big money replacements for Malcom too. 2018/19 goals will be to continue to increase the talent in the squad, finish top 3 again and not embarrass ourselves in the Champions League. I feel that PSG will never ever have such a poor season again and that this season was the one where I could have stolen a league title. If I had just a little bit more quality or a less moody Malcom...

Great stuff there, you are onto something special. I hope you can keep Malcom!

1 hour ago, aloshajeffers said:

Wow man I hope he can break fifty for you! I assume he is playing as the AF? Keep it up though. Fekir is quite the talent, I sadly have never really been able to use him longterm (In FM 17 I had him for a season before he was snapped up)

Yeah he's playing as the AF. He just learned to go round the keeper and now is actually apparently going to be able to learn to beat the offside trap after all! We've had a tough set of fixtures (Monaco are our 1st and last games) drawing 2-2 at Monaco when I accidentally played the (far inferior) low block version of the tactic I'd been trying, then getting demolished by PSG. Might put the save on the backburner for a little while, either return to Fiorentina or start a new Serie A save. 

Interestingly Gouiri, despite not looking world class, got a goal as a sub for injured Geubbels, then a hat-trick in his next start, meaning he overall still has more goals than games for me so far in his career, which is ridiculous. 

You never have the opportunity of a grand return on 17? On 16 I sold Lacazette to Madrid first season, got him back next one (still in profit), sold him to Milan after that one, bought him back the one after that, got two more seasons, then two more seasons at Milan, then bought him back to end his career with us. Every single time I got him back for less than I'd sold him for (and less than I'd previously spent for him) and sold him on again for more. His history was ridiculous, something like: Lyon - R. Madrid - Lyon - Milan - Lyon - Lyon - Milan - Milan - Lyon.  

I'm about a third of the way thorugh my first season with Rennes, and things are looking rosy so far to say the least!

mHQYrAg.png

I had a strong defensive start to the season with only 5 goals conceded through my first 10 league games. I did have a hard time scoring, though, with only 15 goals scored through those same games. The scoring has picked up a bit lately with 7 goals from my last 3 matches. I still haven't faced Monaco or PSG (who are doing remarkably bad), but I have beaten both Lyon and Bordeaux.

My two big profiles so far have been Diafra Sakho and Nicolas Janvier. Janvier has outsted Gourcuff from the team, and I hope he continues to develope, as he seems like a really fine talent.

sUjSAmT.png

V5pQYAn.png

I haven't bought a single new player yet. In the summer, I felt the team was strong enough, but now nearing the winter window, I feel like I need to look up some alternatives for some of my aging (and expensive!) players. However, I simply can't make work of the scouting system. I can't get reports on players, I can't find anywhere to get an overview like I could in FM17, where I could just sort from the star rating, and I fear that this will take away any sort of enjoyment of a long term save, as I simply can't find any regens when they roll around. How are you guys scouting. Any advice on how to set it up (sorry about the moaning!)? 

10 hours ago, Adzke said:

I haven't bought a single new player yet. In the summer, I felt the team was strong enough, but now nearing the winter window, I feel like I need to look up some alternatives for some of my aging (and expensive!) players. However, I simply can't make work of the scouting system. I can't get reports on players, I can't find anywhere to get an overview like I could in FM17, where I could just sort from the star rating, and I fear that this will take away any sort of enjoyment of a long term save, as I simply can't find any regens when they roll around. How are you guys scouting. Any advice on how to set it up (sorry about the moaning!)? 

Great start with Rennes! As for scouting, I am not a huge fan of the scouting system myself. I have given the responsibility over to the DoF and I do my own manual scouting. Normally that means using the player search, setting the filters I want, selecting a bunch of players and getting scout reports for them. My personal favourite is filtering by listed players under 23 and scouting them all. Over time I build a 'shortlist' (it's really not short) of players I am highly interested in and scout them regularly. For regens, setting age 15 to 15 on the player search can yield a lot of returns but also the World - Transfers - Youth Intake screen is helpful. In addition, you can scout the youth national teams or youth teams of well-known clubs. I haven't bothered even looking at regens so far in my Bordeaux save though.

5 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Great start with Rennes! As for scouting, I am not a huge fan of the scouting system myself. I have given the responsibility over to the DoF and I do my own manual scouting. Normally that means using the player search, setting the filters I want, selecting a bunch of players and getting scout reports for them. My personal favourite is filtering by listed players under 23 and scouting them all. Over time I build a 'shortlist' (it's really not short) of players I am highly interested in and scout them regularly. For regens, setting age 15 to 15 on the player search can yield a lot of returns but also the World - Transfers - Youth Intake screen is helpful. In addition, you can scout the youth national teams or youth teams of well-known clubs. I haven't bothered even looking at regens so far in my Bordeaux save though.

I think I will do what you do with scouting youth teams and perhaps using the transfers list of youth players. I bit unsatisfying, but better than not being able to find any players. Thanks!

How is Otavio doing for you at Bordeaux?

18 hours ago, Adzke said:

How is Otavio doing for you at Bordeaux?

He was average 1st season, a good squad player. I liked that he could play a variety of midfield roles but he never excelled at any of them. He asked for a new deal at season's end, told him he had time left, he was unhappy publicly and now he is gone. I would have liked to keep him as I want some continuity as I overhaul the squad but it frees up a non-EU spot and I got market value (€8.25m to Wolfsburg).

LYON SEASON 6 UPDATE

I finally won the French league title with Lyon, at last lol, I even won with 16 points ahead of Monaco who were 2nd and 19 points ahead of PSG who had a terrible season.

My strikers were on fire with Okofor and Martinez getting 44 goals each, Okafor also got 33 assists. 

So where does that leave me now then, well I have really enjoyed the save but it is time to move on and start a new save somewhere else, I am thinking of an Italian league save maybe with Udinese.

Anyway cheers for the feedback people and I will probably be back at some point.

Lyon Champions.png

Lyon Season 6.png

Thinking of starting a French Save but not 100% about who with

Between

Marseille- Always had a soft spot for them and have a decent team who with a little bit of work could prob challenge be good to get become the record title holder in France.

Saint Etienne - Could be a nice challenge to return them to their former glory

Bordeaux - More due to a love for the city visited during the Euros and loved the place.

Lille- Like Bordeaux visited Lille during the Euros and really liked the city, could also be a nice rebuilding job to try help them eventually recapture the title (even though i know that will be tricky)

What can people tell me about the above finance wise squad wise etc.

I've finished my first season at Rennes, and it's gone done really well. PSG managed to get out of their slump and win the league, but I finished second, ahead of both Monaco and Lyon! We also won the Coupe de la Ligue over Lille in the final.

yxmfGTb.png

My best players this season was Diafra Sakho, who ended up as both top scorer and player of the year! His value has tripled over the course of the season, and I am pretty excited to see what he can do next year.

EFFf9NJ.png

I got a golden generation of regens, which I don't think I have ever had before, with Obinna Egbo being the diamond of the lot, but I personally am more excited about Francois-Henri Delporte who just looks a better player to me.

mHGFKjf.png

yr3Xs8k.png

However, Monaco have sacked Jardim over their third place finish, and I am seen as the favourite to take over. This is a difficult choice. I don't think a Rennes manager would turn down Monaco, they have a much larger budget, better facilities, and better players, and I'm a bit torn over what to do.

1 hour ago, Adzke said:

I've finished my first season at Rennes, and it's gone done really well. PSG managed to get out of their slump and win the league, but I finished second, ahead of both Monaco and Lyon! We also won the Coupe de la Ligue over Lille in the final.

yxmfGTb.png

My best players this season was Diafra Sakho, who ended up as both top scorer and player of the year! His value has tripled over the course of the season, and I am pretty excited to see what he can do next year.

EFFf9NJ.png

I got a golden generation of regens, which I don't think I have ever had before, with Obinna Egbo being the diamond of the lot, but I personally am more excited about Francois-Henri Delporte who just looks a better player to me.

mHGFKjf.png

yr3Xs8k.png

However, Monaco have sacked Jardim over their third place finish, and I am seen as the favourite to take over. This is a difficult choice. I don't think a Rennes manager would turn down Monaco, they have a much larger budget, better facilities, and better players, and I'm a bit torn over what to do.

Fantastic :cool: 

I personally, would turn down Monaco :D 

Il y a 3 heures, Adzke a dit :

yxmfGTb.png

EFFf9NJ.png

mHGFKjf.png

yr3Xs8k.png

What's your formation flat 4411 ?

2 hours ago, Akustik said:

What's your formation flat 4411 ?

I play a pretty vanilla 4-2-3-1. I originally wanted to play possession football, but I couldn't make it work, and I quickly decided to abandon that approach. My thinking here is that I can build on this tactical setup in time as I get more players who are comfortable being on the ball, but for now, this will have to make due.

erBajNW.png

sKBFuML.png

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

If you were going to manage Monaco you would of just done a save with Monaco in the first place. I think you would have more fun with Rennes but it depends what type of save you want to do.

I agree! Not much fun in developing a club if you leave the very next year!

@Adzke that's a great season! I would add to the voices urging you to stay - if you are going to leave to a big club, I'd advise you to build to the point you're getting offers by the likes of PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Manchester United / City - the sort of clubs where no player ever wants to move to a "bigger club", which Monaco doesn't guarantee. Plus to get those offers you'll have to achieve even more success which may in turn make you less want to leave Rennes.

My second pre-season is all but over, and I am about to kick the new season off against Marseille who finished 6th just outside the European places last season. The media have me pegged as number 6 myself this year, so I hope to pull off a surprise or two.

The club owner retired this off season, and we have been bought by a consortium featuring a new chairman who floated the club on the stock exchange for a very small gain of €4M. But they did give me a nice new wage budget twice the size of the old one alond with a transfer budget of €15M on top of the €12M I had already spent. However, all this was of course after I had completed my planned transfers, and they will sit in our bank account until January at the least.

I am still not too keen on the scouting system, but I have bought Gonzalo Maroni from Boca for a fee of €10M. I only realised he had a determination of 1 (!) after I had signed him, but I am hoping he will provide a spark to our offense none the less. He's had a fine off season. So has Hicham Khaloua, who I signed on recomendation from one of my scouts (believe it or not!), and he looks like a superstar if the pre-season is anything to go by. 9 goals in 4 matches so far. I also bought Franck Dubois, a 15-year-old from Le Havre, who I hope will be able to play from next season, as Romain Danzé has started declining.I haven't really sold anyone important, as I have mostly been trying to balance the wages.

ZHwiOdC.png

l9CeM8G.png

AiGtSKx.png

jEWJnbD.png

VfT13PF.png

20 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@Adzke that's a great season! I would add to the voices urging you to stay - if you are going to leave to a big club, I'd advise you to build to the point you're getting offers by the likes of PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Manchester United / City - the sort of clubs where no player ever wants to move to a "bigger club", which Monaco doesn't guarantee. Plus to get those offers you'll have to achieve even more success which may in turn make you less want to leave Rennes.

Agreed. And I really want to see what will become of the golden generation. Never had one of those before!

@Adzke I've been insanely lucky with golden generations - one in my first season with Bilbao, consecutive ones in seasons 1 and 2 with Lyon, one in my Fiorentina save as well...sadly none when I played 3 seasons with my favourite team though. With Bilbao and Lyon I tended to bring the 1st season regens in around season 3 - so if you're similar, by season 4 your 'golden generation' may be able to form the spine of your squad.

11 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Adzke I've been insanely lucky with golden generations - one in my first season with Bilbao, consecutive ones in seasons 1 and 2 with Lyon, one in my Fiorentina save as well...sadly none when I played 3 seasons with my favourite team though. With Bilbao and Lyon I tended to bring the 1st season regens in around season 3 - so if you're similar, by season 4 your 'golden generation' may be able to form the spine of your squad.

That's what I'm hoping at least! How do you scout regens? Like I wrote earlier, I'm still not on friendly terms with the scouting system, and I am having a hard time finding youngsters, even though I've both told my Chief Scout to search for youngsters and expanded my youth package to all of Europe.

Sounds nice on the golden generations! I hope I will have another one next year! How did you bring them through with Lyon, when you can't play them for the first year and a half?

1 hour ago, Adzke said:

That's what I'm hoping at least! How do you scout regens? Like I wrote earlier, I'm still not on friendly terms with the scouting system, and I am having a hard time finding youngsters, even though I've both told my Chief Scout to search for youngsters and expanded my youth package to all of Europe.

Sounds nice on the golden generations! I hope I will have another one next year! How did you bring them through with Lyon, when you can't play them for the first year and a half?

Slightly awkward process, but basically I'd go on each of the top 2-3 leagues in your nation, and some top leagues globally you're going to scout from, start alphabetically in each league and make a note of the ones with good youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth facilities (the three factors in the quality of their regens relative to other clubs). Then when it comes round to youth intake day (for France its the same as when you get them obviously, for most other European leagues its February / March) I go to the individual nation, go on "Tranfers" then filter it to "youth intake", click the club name column so it goes alphabetically, then scout all the regens from the clubs I'd previuously made a list of. Sounds a lot of work and it is for the first season, but you soon start to just remember which clubs to do as you go on. Depending whether you're on Mac or Windows there should be a way to highlight a bunch of regens on the list rather than scouting them individually as well.

Some of my golden generation spawned at 16, but basically I tried to implement a system like this:

u16s stay in u19 squad as they can't play professionally.

16-18 in the reserves squad. 

18+ first team / loan / sell. 

Two of my 1st season regens (RB and LB) went straight into my first team in the 3rd season when they were still 16 because they had developed so well. I did a similar thing at Bilbao, bringing them through slightly slower as the limits on recruitment meant I held onto older players for longer. 

55 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Slightly awkward process, but basically I'd go on each of the top 2-3 leagues in your nation, and some top leagues globally you're going to scout from, start alphabetically in each league and make a note of the ones with good youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth facilities (the three factors in the quality of their regens relative to other clubs). Then when it comes round to youth intake day (for France its the same as when you get them obviously, for most other European leagues its February / March) I go to the individual nation, go on "Tranfers" then filter it to "youth intake", click the club name column so it goes alphabetically, then scout all the regens from the clubs I'd previuously made a list of. Sounds a lot of work and it is for the first season, but you soon start to just remember which clubs to do as you go on. Depending whether you're on Mac or Windows there should be a way to highlight a bunch of regens on the list rather than scouting them individually as well.

Some of my golden generation spawned at 16, but basically I tried to implement a system like this:

u16s stay in u19 squad as they can't play professionally.

16-18 in the reserves squad. 

18+ first team / loan / sell. 

Two of my 1st season regens (RB and LB) went straight into my first team in the 3rd season when they were still 16 because they had developed so well. I did a similar thing at Bilbao, bringing them through slightly slower as the limits on recruitment meant I held onto older players for longer. 

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having a bit of problems with the scouting. I might try your approach during this season with the intakes lists, though it does seem a bit tedious. But if there is no other way, that must be the way to go, I guess.

On 10/05/2018 at 20:53, lblanc said:

Thinking of starting a French Save but not 100% about who with

Between

Marseille- Always had a soft spot for them and have a decent team who with a little bit of work could prob challenge be good to get become the record title holder in France.

Saint Etienne - Could be a nice challenge to return them to their former glory

Bordeaux - More due to a love for the city visited during the Euros and loved the place.

Lille- Like Bordeaux visited Lille during the Euros and really liked the city, could also be a nice rebuilding job to try help them eventually recapture the title (even though i know that will be tricky)

What can people tell me about the above finance wise squad wise etc.

Marseille has the best squad and finances of that lot, best chance of immediate success. Bordeaux and Lille both have a couple of top players to build around (Malcom, Vada, Maia, Araujo). Bordeaux has good finances, not much of it is available at the start of the game on 18.3 for transfers but the board will make it available to you in time for January. Lille in huge financial trouble in my Bordeaux save but could be fun to get them back to the Hazard days. Saint Etienne probably the biggest challenge but decent enough squad.

Merci.

Had a quick look at them all, Saint Etienne do have a few good players being a Newcastle fan I know Remy Cabella is the one who stands out on loan from Marseille think they could be a fun challenge so a might opt for them.

2 hours ago, lblanc said:

Merci.

Had a quick look at them all, Saint Etienne do have a few good players being a Newcastle fan I know Remy Cabella is the one who stands out on loan from Marseille think they could be a fun challenge so a might opt for them.

Marseille certainly was a great save on FM17 if nothing else! Will be great to see if you can restore them to glory.

26 minutes ago, Adzke said:

Marseille certainly was a great save on FM17 if nothing else! Will be great to see if you can restore them to glory.

going to do a Saint Etienne save 

Just had the my most amazing season playing FM since Championship manager 92. Won all 7 trophies available, i believe it's called a septuplet 

2djcm1f.png

30xerzc.png

Goals galore for Neymar, Dolberg, and Mbappe. To get one striker to 50 is an achievement, but 3 is taking the mickey. Even my squad strikers (Vinicius Junior / Martinez) managed to get 28 and 15. 

2chq0du.png

Only 4 defeats and 3 draws all season, the rest were lovely wins. I don't get much time to play FM anymore, so to create a tactic that creates fast paced enjoyable football, with no changes needed for away games, is truly enjoyable.

im5t8y.png

o5vlar.png

f1gtid.png

10 hours ago, Liamgannon said:

Just had the my most amazing season playing FM since Championship manager 92. Won all 7 trophies available, i believe it's called a septuplet 

2djcm1f.png

30xerzc.png

Goals galore for Neymar, Dolberg, and Mbappe. To get one striker to 50 is an achievement, but 3 is taking the mickey. Even my squad strikers (Vinicius Junior / Martinez) managed to get 28 and 15. 

2chq0du.png

Only 4 defeats and 3 draws all season, the rest were lovely wins. I don't get much time to play FM anymore, so to create a tactic that creates fast paced enjoyable football, with no changes needed for away games, is truly enjoyable.

im5t8y.png

o5vlar.png

f1gtid.png

Wow great season there mate! Your strikers scoring record is incredible. I was also managing PSG and got the septuple - feels crazy! Great looking squad there, keep it up.

Archived