Stopping U19 from playing in Reserves

Seems like my Reims U19 team often gets called up for Reserves games which on principle I don't often mind. But I'm just curious if there's a way to stop it. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the U19 team win their league and my Reserves just play friendlies.

Put them in the first team. Then set them to be available for 90 minutes in U19 matches. 

That should be all there is to it. Because they are in the first team, the U23s don't count them as available. But because you set them to be available for U19s, they'll still play for the youth team.

14 minutes ago, JRHaggs said:

Put them in the first team. Then set them to be available for 90 minutes in U19 matches. 

That should be all there is to it. Because they are in the first team, the U23s don't count them as available. But because you set them to be available for U19s, they'll still play for the youth team.

In retrospect I'm smacking myself for not also thinking of that! :p

I wouldn't advise moving players around, it tends to have bearing on their expectations. Try it and see, even if they are hot prospect they will demand playing time. It's happened to me a few times. I can't see any other way round this problem though.

I also didn't think of that! XD

6 minutes ago, pdstanbridge said:

I wouldn't advise moving players around, it tends to have bearing on their expectations. Try it and see, even if they are hot prospect they will demand playing time. It's happened to me a few times. I can't see any other way round this problem though.

Maybe, but, at least in my experience, as long as their squad status is sufficiently low, they seem to do ok.

Either way, if he wants to solve the stated problem, I'm not sure there's another approach.

Archived