Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stevenpearcey

Crashes on start up. HELP!!!

hi, ive had a few problems with football manager this year, firstly the beta version was pretty much unplayable for me, so waited for full release.

once the game was stable enough, dec/jan time, finally i got to play FM 2018! suddenly after the last update 18.3.2 the game now wont even get past the football manager screen right at the start (the one with the music in the background) the game just cuases windows to close the application. very frustrating as was in the middle of my third/fourth season with the might forest green rovers.... help me before i throw the laptop out the window guys :)

Untitled.png

DxDiag.txt

I'm sorry to say your system does not meet the minimum specifications to run the game due to the graphics card. You would need to get a better system or request a refund for the game. 

Apologies about that. 

You would need to contact Steam directly as shown here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966

Although not officially supported, you may be able to get the game to run by doing the following - but as said it won't officially be supported:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --config very_low
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam