Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lillywhite Dean

Top goalscorer frequency

I don’t want to claim this as a bug. But I am puzzled by how often this happens.

I have played five seasons in the MLS and I have played seven seasons in Serie A. In 11 out of 13 seasons, I have had the league’s top goal scorer. In the two seasons where I didn’t have the league’s top scorer, one was because I sold my star striker during the January transfer window to a club from a different league and the other was because I was newly promoted to Serie A (but my top striker still came 2nd in the goal scoring charts).

Often my strikers are exceeding 30 league goals a season.

In my current season, my top striker, Paulo Dybala, is 12 goals ahead of his nearest rival – and his nearest rival has only caught up because I’ve benched Dybala for a few games in order to help develop a young promising striker.

As I say, I’m not calling this a bug but I do find it odd that my best striker always outscores forwards from other teams – and usually by a healthy margin.

Given that I have questioned how easy FMM is, maybe some fine tuning for players from other teams could happen to keep things a bit more competitive.

13 hours ago, Mrowe_86 said:

But in fairness dybala is a quality striker so he is often gonna be there or there abouts 

Of course, and I was going to allude to that point myself. Dybala is one of the game’s most impressive forwards…

BUT

I have experienced this with other strikers that have not been of the same quality as Dybala. I have had strikers who are rated anything from 2 stars leading the goal scoring charts. And why aren’t any of the other forwards who are comparable to Dybala scoring as many goals?

Here’s another good example. I mentioned I had benched Dybala towards the end of the season because I wanted to rest him and I wanted to develop a young promising striker. So Dybala is on 29 goals. His nearest rival is Andre Silva of AC Milan, and he was on 14 goals. I select my young striker, Facundo de Pena as my main striker. He previously had only started a handful of games and was used more for the Copa Italia. Prior to benching Dybala, de Pena had scored five league goals. By the end of the season (with something like 8 games left to play) de Pena shoots up to 5th in the goal scoring charts with 15 league goals. Andre Silva of AC Milan managed 17 goals in total (as did Mauro Icardi of Inter). 

So my young striker (who became my main striker) almost caught up with Silva and Icardi. That doesn’t seem right. I suspect I could have put my keeper up front and the same would have happened!

I went up with Fulham and my 3 strikers all hit double figures, kamara got 38 league goals, mitro got 31 and onuachu hit 23... They ended the season, 1st, 2nd and 4th in the scoring charts. 

I believe this is down to the fact that FMM goal amount is through the roof. And game is way too easy. If you're having even mediocre striker and he plays almost whole season it's nearly miracle if he doesn't be league top scorer.

I had a youth team striker who had green attributes for Strength, Aerial, Pace, and Stamina but orange and red ratings for everything else (including finishing, decision making, movement etc). He used to score goals for fun. He would easily be among one of my top three goal scorers who dominated the goal scoring charts. There was no point trying to sign quality strikers when youth team players with such low attributes could do the job for me.

1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I had a youth team striker who had green attributes for Strength, Aerial, Pace, and Stamina but orange and red ratings for everything else (including finishing, decision making, movement etc). He used to score goals for fun. He would easily be among one of my top three goal scorers who dominated the goal scoring charts. There was no point trying to sign quality strikers when youth team players with such low attributes could do the job for me.

Ah yes. Sounds very familiar. And giving him proper training he's turning into world class striker in few seasons, right? 

I once signed L2 striker to EPL with Aerial and Strenght green, movement and decisions, pace and finishing just above 10. Otherwise he was c**p. But playing him as a alone up front as a target man, combined with early crosses and shoot at sight, he scored 22 in 33 appearances :D:idiot:   

Given that I have questioned how easy FMM is, maybe some fine tuning for players from other teams could happen to keep things a bit more competitive.