FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeh defo. i prefer fast CB's though with certain tactics they are very vital or at least having one quick one is.

whey 2 pages:)

haha, 2 pages! good effort boys!

i guess you are right though! JT and Richards would be a MEAN CB partnership!! Fast and class!

yes that would be awesome, tbh in last years carv and jt was good as ricardo was pretty quick. but as he wants to leave straight away which is silly it dont really work.

richards looks as though hes going to be hard to take from man city.

yeah, ricardo is also a bit too old for my team! :D but i usually bring in Fazio, and he is fast enough for me!

i think my two biggest signings on FM09 will potentially be Richards and Ronaldo (cliché i know, but they are the best)

Using trial-and-error, I've found the following:

C.Ronaldo can be had -without unsettling- for 104-111 millions, no clauses or future incentives, 50% next purchase wont work.

Kaka can be had -without unsettling- for around 106-110 millions, no caluses or future incentives as well, 50% next purchase wont work either.

After selling everyone but Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Deco, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, I had about 190-195 mil to spend!

C.Ronaldo can be had -without unsettling- for 104-111 millions, no clauses or future incentives, 50% next purchase wont work.

Kaka can be had -without unsettling- for around 106-110 millions, no caluses or future incentives as well, 50% next purchase wont work either.

After selling everyone but Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Deco, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, I had about 190-195 mil to spend!

sweet.... might have to have a proper clear out then.... haha

cheers man:thup::thup:

has anyone tried buying david villa? have about 90 mil. need another 11 mil to activate his release clause. cant sell drogba even when i offered 10 mil to everyone. has anyone bought david villa? how much did you buy him for?

thats pretty good sales mate. who were the biggest sales?

Do they both want to come?

They are all extremely interested in joining Chelsea, according to Arnesen and Bonhof, and also, Valencia's David Silva for 72 mil release clause is also a decent bargain, and if you're looking at defenders, go for Martin Demichellis from FC Bayern, can be had for 38-43 mil.

However, most of these big fishes can only be bought around August after their injuries are lighter, as they'll fail their physical.

i have now:

Cech

Bosingwa Fazio Terry A Cole

Palombo Essien

Lampard Deco Aguero

Drogba

i am thinking that lamps and drog and quite old so if i could get 25/30m for them, maybe bring in a class CAM and ST

who do you reckon? diego is pretty good, fernandez is pretty good anyone really good! that is affordable like under 35m

Finished the demo the other night and found out that...

Ballack is quality when not injured lol Him and Deco in the middle of the park with Lampard playing ahead of them worked very well!

Malouda and J.Cole were quite crap i have to say lol

I have a big dilemma. I have an offer for Ballack of 10m

My team is , in a 4-2-3-1 below

cech

Bosingwa Terry Zapata A Cole

(santon) (Fazio) (Marcelo)

Palombo/Ballack Essien

(mikel) (camacho??)

Aguero Lampard Deco

(rossi, anderson)

Drogba

(rossi, balotelli)

Should i accept the offer for ballack. It would mean that i have 20m to spend on someone, some on camacho

or should i keep him

Serously, I can understand selling Ballack and maybe Deco but you cant sell Lampard! I cant understand peeps that want to sell JT, Lamps, Cech but hey its there game!

Agree with the above. I try and not sell those players who are basically associated with the name of the club everywhere and have given a lot of selfless years to the club unless he wants to leave. but yes it is just a game and everyone has a right to play it as he/she wants.

I know what you mean and I'd never sell Terry (and irl I'd be gutted to see Frank leave) but there are a few reasons why I am prepared to sell Drogba, Ballack, and most controversially, Lampard.

1. I like to build my own side, based on young and up and coming talent.

2. Those players' wages are a massive strain on a club with a relatively small ground.

3. I prefer younger players.

4. I prefer my attacking mids to be a bit more tricky.

5. You never get as much money for those sorts of players as you do in the first season, in fact often as their stats decrease they are impossible to move on.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and enjoy the game.

I am a Battersea boy in rural Oz and my actual copy came today!

F*** sleep.

my copy came today too! and just installed the patch and now im getting on with my Chelsea game! 1st task Scouts and 7*coaching im hoping this will turn into a long term game. not going to go like the demo want to do it properly and not sell everyone just for the hell of it. come on! this game is awesome!

he does look very good mate, will look into him in the future, he wasn't bad at Catania last season on 08, and he played very well last year which was shown by the move to Fiorentina, better than Cole definately.

Right my season so far!

Transfers Out:

Didier Drogba - 30m (24months)

Ashely Cole - 14.25m

Joe Cole - 14m (24months)

Ricardo Carvalho - 12.5m

Alex - 10m

Wayne Bridge - 9m

Salomon Kalou - 8.25m

Michael Ballack - 7.5m

Claudio Pizarro - 4.4m

Hilario - 1.2m

Belletti - 575k plus 3.5m after Loan

Patrick Van Aanholt - 325k

Sam Hutchinson - 375k

Sergio Tejera - 275k

Gael Kakuta - Loan

Transfer In: After adjusting budget on had 53m to spend not like the Demo :(

but still due to sales of 113m i managed to spend a fair bit :D

Federico Fazio - 16.75m

Matias Fernandez - 16m (24months)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - 13.75m

Marek Hamsik - 17m

Miguel Veloso - 12.25m

Gonzalo Higuain - 10.5m

Gervinho - 7.25m

Rafael Carioca - 3m

Henri Saivet - 3m

Paolo De Cegle - 3.4m

Macauley Chrisantus - 1.5m

Vincent Enyeama - 65k

Alessio Campoli - 8k

David Moreno - Free

also bidding for Pato. had a 62m bid for Ibrahimovic accepted but i didn't have the money at the time and once i made it they wanted more so if you want could be quite easy to get him for cheapish for a world class striker!

at the moment im sitting joint top with Arsenal and Man Utd after 4 games. Won 3 drawn 1

Villa 1-2 Chelsea (Essien, Saivet)

Chelsea - Spurs (Essien, Lampard)

Liverpool 0-3 Chelsea (Lampard, Huntelaar, Higuain)

Chelsea 1-1 Wigan (Huntelaar) Heskey with a last minute goal i wasn't happy!!

Also played 1 game in the Champions League which ended

Chelsea 1-0 Fenerbache (Huntelaar)

So far my 3-5-2 tactic is doing alright just not getting the goal tbh. but im sure once my players settle in and with a few tweaks should be cool.

hows everyone else doing?

Sure mate

Ashley Cole, Salomon Kalou, Hilario and Wayne Bridge to Man City.

Didier Drogba controvestially to Arsenal

Ricardo Carvalho to Sevilla

Michael Ballack to FC Bayern

Alex to Spurs

Joe Cole to Juventus

Claudio Pizarro to Werder Bremen

Sergio Tereja to Ipswich

Sam Hutchinson to Derby

Patrick Van Aanholt to Birmingham

Belletti to Villa

think thats the lot and Charlton loaned Kakuta

real madrid just bidded 40mil for essien......... i dont know what to do....

nvm ive declined after checking for other dmcs all the good ones were either taken or didnt want to come :(.

It seems Real Madrid are prepared to spend way more $ than Man CIty :D

drogba is doing very well for me, averaging OVER 1 GOAL PER GAME after 10 games for me

FAUSTO ROSSI is a must buy, as is IGNACIO CAMACHO and DAVIDE SANTON and BALOTELLI

all potential to be quality, far exeed malouda, better than essien and far exceed bosingwa and better than Drogba respectively

there are lot of potential to be 'good' so take your pick out of giovinco, g.rossi, chrisantus there are loads

i would not sell ashley cole who did you get as a replacement dexta200? marcelo is def not good enough yet, defensively poor

other 'potential to be quality' players, who are more expensive include: aguero (34m), jovetic, anderson (20.5m)

plus, to anyone worrying about tactics; i think that a 4-2-3-1(2CM, 3CAM) is perfect for this chelsea side; with ballack, essien, lampard, deco, mikel all quality, plus there are loads of quality DM and CM and CAM compared to wingers available to buy, pick of the bunch palombo, veloso, aguero, anderson, g.rossi.

let me know what you think or want more info on this tactic. just beat fulham 5-0, top of the table, unbeaten so far; with a team that should not have to be strengthened for 5 years!

yeah looks like it. alot of teams seem to have more money than in last version. if you need replacements, Veloso is awesome. 40m i probably wouldnt have taken though so good move.

i concur that veloso is awesome but he is quite average as a CM, scores some great goals but his performances are quite average. my assistant commenting on his CM ability said offload as soon as possible

Ive found Jack Cork to be really good in the midfield .Fazio plays well in the Defensive midfield role behind Cork and Mikel .In the 2 attacking midfield roles I am playing Lampard and Buonannote who get rotated with Deco and Cole.Terry and Mancienne have formed a solid Defensive partnership and Bridge and Bosingwa come up and cross balls into the box for Anelka to score and he has been scoring for fun .

Ive found Jack Cork to be really good in the midfield .Fazio plays well in the Defensive midfield role behind Cork and Mikel .In the 2 attacking midfield roles I am playing Lampard and Buonannote who get rotated with Deco and Cole.Terry and Mancienne have formed a solid Defensive partnership and Bridge and Bosingwa come up and cross balls into the box for Anelka to score and he has been scoring for fun .

lampard out wide? did you buy any one except buonannote?

lampard out wide? did you buy any one except buonannote?

No lampard was playing as a central attacking attacking midfield player but with allot of creative freedom so that he would move into wider positions.No i bought Fazio otherwise no i didnt. I have just bought Owen for 3 million in the Jan window and Alongside Ben Foster from Man Untd for 2mill to replace cuducini and he got offered to me .

Archived