Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
grkmori

Team talks

Why on FM18 there are still options to tell a player he did well when his rating is < 6.00? Or did bad on > 7.5? Or for the team you did bad when you won a game 5/0 you can say You should do better next time... How should they?

I know, it is good to have options, but when those options are there just to wait for the FM manager to misclick... I dont think it is a good idea... I misclick maybe 5-10 times a year... nobody would say you did well for a 5.0 rating player...

So plz add some rating conditions for team talks to appear! It should not be difficult, is it?

Also (1), not sure if this matters for game engine or not, but for youths that you are adding to get some first team experience, they normally do bad, but you dont want to say that they did bad on the game, because you know they did bad because they are not fully developed, but you cant also say that they did well because they really didnt. So add an option to say something appropriate for those cases.

Also (2), the same as before, when you rotate a squad and they do bad on a game that you were clear favorite, but you know they did fairly well because they are all reserves and got a good result despite the circumstances... you cant say they did bad, but you cant also say they did well. This one may be a little more difficult because the game have to recognize squad rotations. Is it possible to add this function?

Also (3), maybe not interesting to the game, but... Add an option to auto team talk on players that has a rating >x or <y?

Edited by grkmori

15 minutes ago, grkmori said:

for youths that you are adding to get some first team experience, they normally do bad

Slightly off topic but wanted to mention this.  If your young players are not doing well in the first team then you may not be playing them at an appropriate level and that could actually hinder their development.

Nope. Not all 1st team game time is useful.

Check with the coach report on the player, there will be a suggested level that suits his ability. "Currently playing at a good National League Level" for example.

To get a player regular game time, ie: a first teamer, send him on loan to a cub that matches his playing level. Make sure he is loaned at 'First Team' level at the minimum, that ensures he will be training and playing with first teamers in competitive games.

I haven't seen enough of FM18 loanees yet, but in previous versions, loaning out players that were good players in that league seemed to produce better results than being an average player - so if u are EPL, then loaning a player to a top-ten club in League 1 would often produce better results than a mid-table Championship club.

A season or two becoming a big fish in small pond will boost confidence, maturity and leadership as well as being a regular in the first team and gaining experience.

Edited by Snorks

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:12, herne79 said:

Slightly off topic but wanted to mention this.  If your young players are not doing well in the first team then you may not be playing them at an appropriate level and that could actually hinder their development.

interesting ... in your view is this in theory (makes sense in real life terms) or practice (actual effect in FM)?

My experience (FM) If I get a good player in youth intake I tend to promote straight away and bring them on as sub in games im winning, or start them in cups/Europe and tend to see a quicker rise in stats than loaning them out.

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

interesting ... in your view is this in theory (makes sense in real life terms) or practice (actual effect in FM)?

My experience (FM) If I get a good player in youth intake I tend to promote straight away and bring them on as sub in games im winning, or start them in cups/Europe and tend to see a quicker rise in stats than loaning them out.

It's an actual effect in FM.

It's the "goldilocks" effect - if matches are too easy the player may not be pushed enough; if they're too hard they may struggle to have an impact, so in an "ideal" world you're looking for the sweet spot that's just right.  Of course "ideal" worlds don't always exist:- any matches can be beneficial, results can only really be gauged over a long period of time and there are many other factors which can impact player development, so assessing the actual impact of this can be tricky.  Player ratings can be a clue (which is what I picked up on from the OP), as can development graphs, but it's certainly a thing in FM (confirmed by SI).

Its a thing for sure that players with high potential stop developing if playing in lower leagues. They just stop at some point and dont develop, some after some particular talks suporting their training will develop a little more but stop again. But when moving them to better leagues they start developing again.