Morale, Team talks, and all that stuff

Hi,

One thing that i quite don't understand in FMT is how the morale related issues work.

For example, the team talks that we can give our players in FM, before, at half time, and in the end of the matches, is something that we can't do in FMT. But my question is, they simple don't happen, or are they taken care by the assist manager?

In FMT, player can get complacent? or all morale status are removed from the game?

As far as I know, there is nothing in the background happening.

However, morale is still a factor in FMT. Players will have low or high morale and it can be affected by games etc but you do not have the option to hold a team talk each game - there are team talks from time to time prompted and then you can talk to them.

Players will get complacent as well.

Basically, morale is still in there, but there is less you can do about it and thus worry about. It is less about managing the people but more about setting up your tactics and doing transfers. If you are doing well there, then the morale is also no issue.

I think this is more of a question for Lucas how you can affect morale.

For my saves, I just try to win games. If there is a dip, I play friendlies to increase the morale. You can always increase a player's wages.

• Administrators

Theres no team talks. Players can get complacent. Morale is still very much part of the game but there's less emphasis on the player management side of things, instead turning you more towards your tactics. 

My advice if you're coming up against morale issues: keep your tactics and instructions simple. Players lacking confidence may make more mistakes in systems where they are given more freedom.

With squad building and transfers, take note of the media handling and personality styles of the players you are bringing in, and any scouting notes that reveal anything about their personality, You want to avoid players that have negative personalities or be wary of very ambitious players who see your club as a stepping stone.

You will get opportunities to say things when media comments come up from time to time, or if you trigger a team meeting after a run of games.

28 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Theres no team talks. Players can get complacent. Morale is still very much part of the game but there's less emphasis on the player management side of things, instead turning you more towards your tactics. 

My advice if you're coming up against morale issues: keep your tactics and instructions simple. Players lacking confidence may make more mistakes in systems where they are given more freedom.

With squad building and transfers, take note of the media handling and personality styles of the players you are bringing in, and any scouting notes that reveal anything about their personality, You want to avoid players that have negative personalities or be wary of very ambitious players who see your club as a stepping stone.

You will get opportunities to say things when media comments come up from time to time, or if you trigger a team meeting after a run of games.

Ok, thks,

But regarding the assist manager. I presume that is he that makes, automatically, the team talks during the games, right?

So the better the assist manager, the better the team talks will be. Is this right? Or the assist manager atrributes will have zero effect?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

But regarding the assist manager. I presume that is he that makes, automatically, the team talks during the games, right?

So the better the assist manager, the better the team talks will be. Is this right? Or the assist manager atrributes will have zero effect?

No, they don't happen at all in FM Touch. As I said, there's no team talks :)

I have noticed the difference between FMT and full FM when it comes to unhappy players' performance. While in full FM they can go on extremely poor runs of form, in FMT bad morale doesn't seem to affect their performance all that much. I've played "very poor" morale players who have been "transfer listed by request" normally as they play as if nothing bothers them at all.

Archived