The end is nigh....

After many years of playing cpu games (Football Director on Spectrum) from the original days of computer football management games to now, I have decided enough is enough. I am so disappointed in the evolving of this computer game I have simply lost passion and belief; the realism has quite honestly become.... unreal. I'm a real-life coach, with kids that have gone on to play at various levels including international - but realise this game has gone backwards and lost that 'magic' of old and therefore lost the appeal of playing fantasy of football games. Though I commend the database, everything else quite frankly is under-par and is quite frankly sad... sad?... yes! A monopoly on football management sims has led to this point and if i had the passion and inclination (and money) I'd develop a game to more than rival this imitation - it's not really moved on after all if you're honestly asking yourself.

So thank you for the past enjoyment, but the present frustration at the stubbornness has led to this. I will never buy this game again - the days of the 'brothers' have long gone.

@JPChenet   You have made your decision as is your right as a consumer and that is fine.  I am not sure what the point of this thread is as it is purely going to get all sorts of polarised opinions, which is clearly not going to make the slightest difference to you?

I totally agree is a disgrace the game has nor really improved all they are intrested in is leading people on and taking all the cash and not investing it to 

improve the game and hold it bacdk from being something that is super 

no longer dpes it have that magic within or the thrill of wanting to play it this was a game that killed marrages now its a game that makes you want to hang urself and slit ur wrists :(

39 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

After many years of playing cpu games (Football Director on Spectrum) from the original days of computer football management games to now, I have decided enough is enough. I am so disappointed in the evolving of this computer game I have simply lost passion and belief; the realism has quite honestly become.... unreal. I'm a real-life coach, with kids that have gone on to play at various levels including international - but realise this game has gone backwards and lost that 'magic' of old and therefore lost the appeal of playing fantasy of football games. Though I commend the database, everything else quite frankly is under-par and is quite frankly sad... sad?... yes! A monopoly on football management sims has led to this point and if i had the passion and inclination (and money) I'd develop a game to more than rival this imitation - it's not really moved on after all if you're honestly asking yourself.

So thank you for the past enjoyment, but the present frustration at the stubbornness has led to this. I will never buy this game again - the days of the 'brothers' have long gone.

Bye then.

I have stated in the past that the game has not grown or evolved . Adding new features is just that so its not an evolution . I personally believe technology as it stands in 2018 has become stagnate . There has been no ground breaking technology in the last 10 years in my opinion and nearly every computer game now has the same construction and I would say 90% are basically the same just with different characters . How many War games there are at the moment is beyond belief because no one has anything better and I guess its the same with this game too . They have no rivals so they have no vision . Ive looked on steam and there are a few other Football Manager games but they are exactly the same . I think the 3D made its debut in 2012 ( Correct me if I'm wrong ) and its still nonsense . Yesterday I was playing and a player skated a quarter of the way up the field with a ball then stopped and kicked it out . Now I'm sorry I think this game should have sorted its 3D issues out long ago and if EA Sports and Komani can do a near perfect 3D display then so can Sports Interactive . Of course as usual you will get a moderator on here defending the game as this is why they are on here in the first place . I agree with this post that the game has become sad . I get more enjoyment with the pre -editor now that the actual game itself so that tells me something . Well I will wait for the shoot me down replies lolol

11 minutes ago, Urotsukidoji said:

quit your bitching losers

Dude u need to find something better than that to say ur a newbie and I’d run rings around you.

iv been in most of the clans on here and ran clan there is a brotherhood with in the true gamers in fm community and it’s demineshing due to the lack of real innovation and creativity that fm was founded on and now it feels like miles is just piggy backing off a great idea and bleeding it dry instead of evolving the franchise.

it could be so much more and it’s a pity as it’s wasteful of an era 

18 minutes ago, prot651 said:

I have stated in the past that the game has not grown or evolved . Adding new features is just that so its not an evolution . I personally believe technology as it stands in 2018 has become stagnate . There has been no ground breaking technology in the last 10 years in my opinion and nearly every computer game now has the same construction and I would say 90% are basically the same just with different characters . How many War games there are at the moment is beyond belief because no one has anything better and I guess its the same with this game too . They have no rivals so they have no vision . Ive looked on steam and there are a few other Football Manager games but they are exactly the same . I think the 3D made its debut in 2012 ( Correct me if I'm wrong ) and its still nonsense . Yesterday I was playing and a player skated a quarter of the way up the field with a ball then stopped and kicked it out . Now I'm sorry I think this game should have sorted its 3D issues out long ago and if EA Sports and Komani can do a near perfect 3D display then so can Sports Interactive . Of course as usual you will get a moderator on here defending the game as this is why they are on here in the first place . I agree with this post that the game has become sad . I get more enjoyment with the pre -editor now that the actual game itself so that tells me something . Well I will wait for the shoot me down replies lolol

That’s exactly what Jp and myself mean 

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived