Why can't I loan out foreign youngsters to domestic clubs quickly?

Something I noticed after Brexit (17 foreign player limit) in my FM17 save was while I had no trouble bringing in youngsters from all over the planet, loaning them out so they get homegrown (same nation) but get first team experience too is a pain in the posterior.

I'm sure it's something to do with work permit rules that the only people who will take my youngsters are frequently teams in the United States. I can't believe that it's a coincidence that British teams aren't interested, especially considering the quality of some of these kids I've brought in. If you look at the pics you'll probably agree they should be playing in the Premier League or Championship. They're just not quite good enough to get a look in in my high flying Gillingham side.

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't afraid they would lose the ability to become homegrown.

Anyone care to explain?

20180315171327_1.jpg

20180315171459_1.jpg

20180315171452_1.jpg

Weird. I have that problem on FM17, but you say you didn't encounter it until FM18.

Either way, I think it's because, depending on which flavor of Brexit you got, they'll have to obtain work permits. 

Do you know which Brexit you got in FM17? How about in your current save?

Championship sides may not want to loan them as they have to field a certain amount of HG in their match day squads, players may also feel they are too good to drop down to the championship.

Possibly the same thing for the Prem where teams might already have their limit of FGN players (in FM17 U21's didn't count but I'm not sure if the AI is aware of that loophole) the players may also be too good for the bottom teams and not good enough for the bigger teams.

Also as you are loaning them out in Jan the teams may have already used up their loan quotas for the season.

On 3/15/2018 at 15:35, michaeltmurrayuk said:

(in FM17 U21's didn't count but I'm not sure if the AI is aware of that loophole)

Seeing as one's own assistant counts the current foreign under 21s already in the side when reporting on the foreign player limits, despite them being able to play without registering, I'm sure you're right that the AI loan system is unaware too.

Archived