Have you ever seen a penalty be retaken in FM?

6 hours ago, Motlhen said:

I haven't. But it happens enough irl. Stuttered run-ups, player encroachment and goalie's off their line before the kick - they all happen.

I was wondering if it ever occurs in-game, and if not, why not? Thoughts?

I think they should add it, if they added the ABBA penalty shootout, they should introduce this 

It would be a nice little addition but it would be a fair amount of work to code & balance something that is quite rare irl plus imho it needlessly introduces the risk of bugged behaviour for little to no benefit to the gameplay experience.

Much better for the ME team to keep resources focused on addressing issues with the match simulation.

Nope. It’s not in the code. Have you ever seen a goalkeeper sent off in a modern FM? That’s more of a concern. 

Not to mention the lack of animations for many different types of finishing. 

5 hours ago, DP said:

Nope. It’s not in the code. Have you ever seen a goalkeeper sent off in a modern FM? That’s more of a concern. 

Several times. On this version I signed Pickford from Everton in season 2 at Chelsea and in the following 10 seasons he was sent off twice for handling outside of the area.

9 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

Several times. On this version I signed Pickford from Everton in season 2 at Chelsea and in the following 10 seasons he was sent off twice for handling outside of the area.

Sorry should have clarified - I meant for bringing a player down. Like you see keepers sent off for in real life. That particular animation doesn’t exist. 

2 hours ago, DP said:

Sorry should have clarified - I meant for bringing a player down. Like you see keepers sent off for in real life. That particular animation doesn’t exist. 

That's totally irrelevant, the game is meant to reproduce stats and numbers not animations

2 hours ago, gerry58 said:

That's totally irrelevant, the game is meant to reproduce stats and numbers not animations

No it isn’t. It’s a simulation. It’s meant to represent real football. 

What a bizarre opinion :/

9 hours ago, DP said:

No it isn’t. It’s a simulation. It’s meant to represent real football. 

What a bizarre opinion :/

:lol: I play text only, no animations needed,. Do you   REALLY   think that the bips on your screen are really running, shooting etc?

2 hours ago, gerry58 said:

:lol: I play text only, no animations needed,. Do you   REALLY   think that the bips on your screen are really running, shooting etc?

No, it’s about immersion and having the sense that it’s playing out like real football. You play it as if it’s a spreadsheet, that’s fine, but the strategy of the game is to replicate real football. 

Not being able to see - or even see in your text - an actual part of real football play out is a little immersion breaking for me. 

Think its been clarified that penalties do not get re-taken, but as for the divergence down what the ME should encapsulate I don't think you can ever "prioritise" something as insignificant as a keeper getting a red for a challenge but it is something that is inevitable over time. 

The best solution is to find instances in the ME where you can in which the "right" thing to do, would be for the keeper to commit a foul (which I appreciate would be difficult in the first place, but there's a number of instances in which keepers just seem to go static rather than risk taking a man out) and upload it so SI can see in that instance why it doesn't happen the way it should. It could just be a bug in which either the keeper behaviour is slightly off (better to do nothing than risk a red card/penalty, across the mentality spectrum because some keepers genuinely should go all deer in the headlights when in this situation) or a bug that referees aren't reacting to a goalkeeper hitting the checkboxes for a straight red. 

AFAIK it doesn’t happen due to the collision avoidance system inherently stopping keepers from making contact & the amount of work that would be needed to write the code lines to define keeper specIfic behaviour & assumes contact points to have them commit contact fouls.

I expect this would be much simpler to do once FM has a fully simulated mass & collision written into the code.

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

Think its been clarified that penalties do not get re-taken, but as for the divergence down what the ME should encapsulate I don't think you can ever "prioritise" something as insignificant as a keeper getting a red for a challenge but it is something that is inevitable over time. 

The best solution is to find instances in the ME where you can in which the "right" thing to do, would be for the keeper to commit a foul (which I appreciate would be difficult in the first place, but there's a number of instances in which keepers just seem to go static rather than risk taking a man out) and upload it so SI can see in that instance why it doesn't happen the way it should. It could just be a bug in which either the keeper behaviour is slightly off (better to do nothing than risk a red card/penalty, across the mentality spectrum because some keepers genuinely should go all deer in the headlights when in this situation) or a bug that referees aren't reacting to a goalkeeper hitting the checkboxes for a straight red. 

It’s not about prioritising it it’s about having as realistic a football sim as possible. Making sure that scenarios that play out in real life are included. Keeper red cards for bringing a player down is part of the football drama - it used to happen in older FM’s without a visible ME. The fact we’re in 2018 and the best football management game around can’t sim this properly is a little disappointing to be honest. 

Also it’s absolutely not my job to point out times in the ME where this should happen. Whether it’s the collision engine or not, there are clearly limitations that have to be worked through with the engine. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I agree with the replication of statistics being of greater value than the animation of such, but I think the above suggests that users are divided in opinion on the matter. Thus SI are probably holding out until a time when they can be sure to include both equally?

Either way, it's not a game-changer and I was just curious - thanks for all the input all :)

Football Statistics are very misleading very often and only work in context with watching a game actually - if you dont watch a game there be many you take totally wrong conclusion from only looking at stats.

Unlike american Sports that are very measurable along straight Statistics...which in some part is bcs the Sport is pretty straight forwarxd, some part is bcs they are usualy high scoring games and some part is bcs it is a self fulfilling prophecy for the usage of statistical data - the more straight forward and hgh scoring a game is the more stats make it predictable and the more you use stats the stronger the dependancy grows.

I think it was a "bug" that happens sometimes in shootouts when after one of PKs be kicked, the action is repeated. 

But no, unfortunately. But should have it. 

On 14/03/2018 at 11:26, DP said:

Maybe in text mode is possible but not. At least they back with the fouls on GK, in former versions this was took off. 

Archived