Sports Interactive Community
ermant

I'm stuck in "Favoured Personnel"

As title says, i'm stuck in favoured personnel list of the club. Not here to tell the success story but in my 5 years of career so far, 5 league titles, 4 domestic cups, 3 super cups, 1 champions league win and club became worldwide which was national when i took charge.

I entered to the list after 2 seasons but never improved then. Players i bought including many young ones became legends and icons but not me. Jealousy. I can't sleep :) 

Anyway i don't think it will ever change and seems like a bug.

What do you think?

Edited by ermant

What team are you managing? Maybe some of those players were already at the club before you. Seems strange because plenty of users achieve 'icon' or 'legend' status.

2 dakika önce, kingjericho said:

What team are you managing? Maybe some of those players were already at the club before you. Seems strange because plenty of users achieve 'icon' or 'legend' status.

It's Beşiktaş. No, wonderkid i bought when he was 18 became legend in two seasons and many others i brought to the club jumped over me and became icons and they keep coming.

I got to the Europa League final (lost) and won the premierleague with sheffield united and I'm on favoured personnel surely the league win should put me on legend status, I think it's a bug too

It is possible, I have done it. It took over 10 years though, as it probably should. If there is a bug in this thread, it's the young player getting there in two seasons. That one I would report.

Was just about to create a thread about this but seen this post. I'm at Sochaux in France. Been there for 7 seasons. First 6 seasons didn't win any silverware but got them a promotion, reached final of the french cup and qualified for Europa league 3 times and champions league once. At this point i was not even on the favored personnel, no where to be seen on the list which i thought was quite strange but perhaps i needed to win something to show on there. 7th season i won the French League Cup and Europa League. I'm only showing now as a favored personnel. Surely i'd warrant an icon status at least? 

This is apparently a "unresolved issue" - I've been at Hoffenheim for 7 years, won the league 5 times, won the German Cup three times, and won a Champions League last season, but I'm still firmly stuck in favored personnel. I have 3 players I brought into the club that are at "Icon" or Legend" status, and the one non-player at "Icon" status is some guy who was there for only 5 years, won two promotions from the lower leagues, but never won a cup or league title. I just kind of feel that by now, I should have gotten some notice, since I've reduced Bayern to a sniveling mess that changes managers every year now. I'm at the point where I'm just going to finish out the season and move on if I don't get a boost in status. 

The only thing that changes that is whether or not your character's reputation has been set as "permanent" or not. Not sure if it's a "bug" perse, but if you've been awesome the approval and the fans love you as much as they can (100 score) but the "permanent" flag isn't set, then you'll remain in "Favoured Personnel."

It seems like it is difficult for Managers to achieve this (for whatever reason) during the game as I take a look around (Zidane went to Bayern Munich and won the title 3 or 4 times and is still just 100/100, non permanent "Favoured Personnel")

On 13/03/2018 at 17:25, ermant said:

It's Beşiktaş. No, wonderkid i bought when he was 18 became legend in two seasons and many others i brought to the club jumped over me and became icons and they keep coming.

A manager is judged over the long haul, whereas a great season or 3 can vault a player to legend status. It mirrors RL pretty well, imo.

Im on 8 seasons at Tromso in Norway, won 4 league titles, 4 norway cups and got to the champions league group stage twice (reaching the quarters of the Europa League) and I'm an Icon. Find it sad though because I've got one player who's stayed with me the whole 8 years and isn't even on favoured personnel even though he has about 388 matches played, but then the 3 amazing strikers I got through my intake the first season are already icons. (despite only really getting into the first team the 2nd-4th season)

My guess is its' just like your manager stats improving weirdly as you get more badges.

20 hours ago, Nacaw said:

A manager is judged over the long haul, whereas a great season or 3 can vault a player to legend status. It mirrors RL pretty well, imo.

Not really, unfortunately.  Given that now doing a Fortnite celebration or getting a haircut makes you a #legend.  I'd rather the FM way to be honest.

Sometimes it changes after you leave the club. I was favoured personnel at Aberdeen and after 7 trophy filled years I decided to leave while still listed as 'favoured' then later in the game I was described as an Aberdeen legend so went and had a look and my profile had been bumped up.

It will prob be a case of as Besiktas are a massive club it will take longer for them to consider you a legend. A smaller team such as my current team Perlis in Malaysia, I have spent 5 seasons there and am a legend and only won 2 domestic cups and the league once. That's my guess.

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

Not really, unfortunately.  Given that now doing a Fortnite celebration or getting a haircut makes you a #legend.  I'd rather the FM way to be honest.

Yes, really. Vardy and Mahrez will be LCFC legends. Ranieri was in favoured personnel for sure, but when things turned sour he was quickly forgotten. It's the players, after all, who scores the goals and the fans will sing about. I'm quite content with legend status being harder to achieve for a manager than for a player.    

is mourinho a legend in Real? is Zidane a legend?...Zidane due to previous success as a player but as a manager?...legend as a manager can be VERY difficult in real life, Tahiti's Manager surely has to be a legend for the nation for the clasification to Confederations cup, but really, the only real legendary Managers are normally those that are 20 years+ in the club the only one that comes to mind right now is Ferguson, but im sure there are more out there

I found on the older FM I became a legend quicker as opposed to the new ones; In FM 2014 I won the prem and champions league after 7 seasons and was a legend. Mind you I do most of the time start as Wolves which is a smaller club in terms of reputation in game so maybe that's why I achieved it so quickly.

On 23.04.2018 at 16:08, bigmattb28 said:

It will prob be a case of as Besiktas are a massive club it will take longer for them to consider you a legend.

Makes sense but come on, it's the Champions League. This may be true for top worldwide clubs but not for many. Also Beşiktaş don't have an international trophy in history.

Not such a big deal but i created this thread to discuss if there is something wrong with that part of the game or not, and i see people have the same issue too.

It's tied into the reputation system and yes, it's is generally easier for a player to become a legend than a manager. You may argue this season for instance - look at Salah. Given the amount of goals he's scored he could potentially be considered in FM terms as an Icon, however Klopp, despite being on course to take them to a Champions League final would only be considered 'Favourite Personnel' at best. 

Using Liverpool as an example, if you look at their list, Benitez (FA Cup, Champions League and Super Cup Winner) and Gerard Houllier (won the League, FA and UEFA Cup in the same season) aren't even listed as favoured. It's tough being a manager sometimes, you really have to earn your status.

Saying that, if you do think you're not at the levels deserving of your success, raise the issue in our bugs forum and provide a save game to our FTP so we can take a look. Thanks. 

this is actually amusing, like in real life, if a team is successful the praise goes to the players, if the team is having a bad time the hate and the fingers goes to the manager...this thead actually makes me think that the olympiakos president was right :lol: