Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

April 2029

april.png

A bit of a rough loss against Liverpool but we managed to make up for it in the second leg - so we're through to the semi-final. Even though we've been doing so much better than Porto this year they still managed to beat us.

april_league_table.png

league_win.png

We won the title, as was in the cards for many months now, the first easy title win if you will.

EL_draw_SF.png

Sporting in the EL semi-final, we should definitely be able to beat them.

player_of_the_month.png

Cristina who's becoming the best player of the club if he's not already there won player of the month.

youth_league_final_loss.png

The u19s got to another youth league final but lost.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2029

may.png

EL_win.png

Sporting put up much more of a fight than I had honestly expected, we lost the first leg and needed extra time in the second to seal our place in the final. In that final though, we quite easily won our first European trophy! You would think we would've learned our lesson but Sporting was too strong for us in the cup final..

final_league_table.png

We ended with 87 points and 90 goals and a 16 points gap between us and Porto.

player_of_the_month_may.png

manager_of_the_month.png

Another manager of the month award and a player award for Duarte to finish off the season.

u19_title_win.png

The u19s won the league again...

600_games.png

And I was in charge of my 600th game this month.

Fantastic season. Total cake walk in the league and impressive to see you grab the Europa League trophy! Too bad you couldn't grab any of the domestic cups this time, but I can certainly see a domestic sweep on the horizon next season. 

I can't decide whether the rise of Lusitano or AFC is more remarkable, both are great feats.

16 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Well done grabbing the first European trophy. :applause:

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Amazing :cool: 

12 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great job. Impressive

1 hour ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great work, now for the big one :brock:

12 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Fantastic season. Total cake walk in the league and impressive to see you grab the Europa League trophy! Too bad you couldn't grab any of the domestic cups this time, but I can certainly see a domestic sweep on the horizon next season. 

I can't decide whether the rise of Lusitano or AFC is more remarkable, both are great feats.

Thanks guys! A domestic sweep would be nice but I am expecting a stronger Porto next season and a side like Sporting, even though they finished mid-table, have shown that they are still tough sides to deal with. 

I don't think this is near the AFC save yet, I would definitely need to win a CL or two, and if I remember correctly I won the Eredivisie title 8 times or so in that save. This save is a little bit more exciting on the domestic front though as outside of this last season there has been a lot of struggle for the titles.

Season Review 2028-2029

season_review.png

Absolutely fantastic season, dominated the league and finally won the Europa League.

7th_european_ranking.png

7th in Europe now...

european_competition_rankings.png

And now the league (reputation) rankings have followed the rise in our coefficients and Portugal now top 4.

Best_eleven_28_29.png

We see Rainha and Cristina become key players alongside Lopes, I hope to keep that core together for the future...

overall_best_eleven.png

GK Nogueira almost surpassed Pontes and definitely will next season. Lopes now over 200 goals scored for the club.

squad_28_29.png

And the full squad view.. the last season of Pontes and Diógenes, who have been at the club for many years now. Youth is taking their spots, which has really already happened this season.

As far as the awards are concerned, a bunch of players were named in teams of the season:

EL_squad_of_the_season.png

equipa_do_ano.png

Barbosa and Rainha in both.

Rainha also won young player of the year and player of the year

nogueira_clean_sheet_record.png

Nogueira had by far the most clean sheets so far this season. He also won best GK of the year

Finally Lopes won topscorer in the league and Rui Cristina won player of the season in the Europa League.

Pre-Season 2029

VK23K5H.png

Increase in the budgets again.

JkCkEX0.png

Now predicted to finish second, which is fair enough.

5c2sZ0L.png

I didn't buy anyone but let some players go that I did not need anymore or were just outclassed by other talents. With the club not having a reserve team I am limiting the amount of players I actually keep at the club.

YPMhRfJ.png

Stadium getting expanded. And soon after a new stadium please.

RySlF74.png

Good friendlies against mostly French opposition, a kinda lucky Portuguese supercup win and outclassed by PSG in Europe.

dSUOshw.png

Much, much better draw in the CL as champions. That really makes a huge difference. Should finish first finally this season, if not that would be disappointing.

August 2029

pup0Imh.png

Strong start even though it is slightly disappointing to not win all three matches. 

LPMDv7d.png

Porto and Guimaraes also dropped points, only Setubal still perfect but they only played 2 matches and they face us next match so that streak can't really continue.

September 2029

kQzkPen.png

A perfect september which should really solidify us in the league and a winning start in the CL as well.

E1tH61B.png

5 points ahead of Porto and 6 on Guimaraes, but only three on Benfica who seem to have their best start since many years.

QNdVzas.png

I did win manager of the month after winning all matches.

October 2029

GJPnR9b.png

Another perfect month including two very comfortable CL wins.

ICiOtzr.png

5 on Benfica, 7 on Porto. Guimaraes dropping down to mid-table.

rFiLbez.png

Another MotM award.

NWEDzzQ.png

The facilities upgrades are done - and they are now finally complete.

Y9kYxMN.png

November 2029

WXAVFxK.png

Another very strong month.

98VtAJt.png

7 on Porto, 10 on Benfica and Braga....... another easy season for now.

zqDmldf.png

The stadium expansion is done, I think it's now up to the max but not exactly sure.

December 2029

W0EVKhV.png

Not up there with the best months, even though we did win a couple of games including the last CL group game against Lyon and we beat Benfica away in the league. Played Porto twice and we couldn't beat them... so we're out of the cup.

a3vmWtJ.png

In the league still those 7 points on Porto, 10 on Braga, 14 on Benfica...

nYUjLSt.png

GK Nogueira and LB Cumbe in the African XI, has been a few years since players were selected for this one.

gHnaKzA.png

Somehow Nogueira didn't win African GK of the year though, but Cumbe was listed among the defenders. Also note former Lusitano striker Veiga as third best striker.

January 2030

1iiAHJv.png

A perfect start to the new year, continuing our fantastic form... apart from the league wins also got through to the league cup final, where we'll play... Porto, of course!

o0at78o.png

10 points lead on Porto now, forget about the rest.

xmOrqJL.png

Which got me another manager of the month award.

61TXf4m.png

I decided to sell Novo, the talented right back from our academy. While he's good I don't think he's a possible 60M good. 

GSLwXZs.png

Real Madrid paid us some more money this month as well, since the last clause was met and his transfer is now worth the full 44M. 

gCUMCmk.png

I did need a right back to replace Novo though (there are young backs but they aren't ready to play every game in the starting XI), and I went for Tafili, a Kosovan right-back. He is quite a few years older than Novo but that means he's at his peak right now and can stay around for IDK at least 4 seasons. It's not like it hurts the 150M+ balance.

February 2030

EbQPANr.png

Shocked and very disappointed by the league cup final loss - I rested a few players like I always do in the cups but that was dismal. We did well enough in the league though and a 3-2 loss in the away leg is a good result in the CL.

lKkMuCQ.png

16 points lead on Porto in the league...............

VRD1HGi.png

And I got another manager of the month award.

Youth Intake 2030

emOEF3s.png

Pretty good, although would've liked there to not be two striker prospects at once.

gF7lcsr.png

Some very good things here from the start, not the best personality I don't think and... well let's just say he's petite.

407uSjj.png

Certainly some things to improve here, like his passing ability. But looks pretty good.

ZJKO8CN.png

Same problem here, accompanied with an inability to jump. Combined with his 170cm that's awful for a striker.

March 2030

CkXECWf.png

Even though we had three more verty comfortable league wins, overall a disappointing month. We were knocked out in the CL by Atletico and we also suffered our first loss in the league this season.

702WkRn.png

Not that it matters for the title, since we are now 19 points ahead with 7 games left.

April 2030

ZbjVZhQ.png

Only the league remaining then, and we managed a perfect month - including a win over Porto.

3aR1nkX.png

RiY8AJ1.png

Another title, even more comfortable than last season.

tPEXCL2.png

AeFFJ77.png

A rare player of the month award and another manager of the month award.

ZNfjEIx.png

The u19s lost another youth league final as well...

May 2030

f80stbo.png

A good closer, kept to a draw by Guimaraes but did well to beat Benfica.

sDCFYL0.png

And there it is. 93 points, a definite record! 24 points ahead of Porto.... who almost dropped down to third.

ttVZCAD.png

fZ7N5bu.png

Cristina got another player of the month and I got another manager of the month award... by far the most this season.

90DdXed.png

And the u19s got themselves another title as well.

Season Review 2029-2030

Season_Review_29_30.png

The most dominant season ever in the league, but disappointing in the other competitions.

Best_Eleven_29_30.png

Star players -- Lopes and Cristina, not hugely surprising, although Cristina's continuing development is awesome to see.

Rui_Cristina_yp8a.png

(This was just after a general value increase, so 75M is just for now. But still -- not bad.)

best_eleven_overall.png

The overall best eleven then, with GK Nogueira clearly the #1 app'd player with almost 400 games. Lopes now over 300 games and over 250 goals... ridiculous average. Cristina in the subs for the first time, could be a while before he overtakes Pontes though. Fonseca on DL is actually an AML.

Squad_29_30.png

And here's the squad view (after the value increase)... I bought Nogueira for 67K from Porto btw. :lol:

6th_european_ranking.png

Even though we didn't have the greatest year in Europe (convincing in the group yes, but first KO round should not be the end for us) we still moved up a spot.

And the awards...

Equipo_do_ano.png

6 players included.

I won manager of the year

Rui Cristina won young player of the year 

Lopes won player of the year, had the most assiststopscorer, broke the club record and league record for PotM.

Nogueira won GK of the year

Pre-Season 2030

luhVcyK.png

Predicted to finish second again.

oWi3Lqi.png

No incomings, and one big sale - CD Brito to China. He'll be replaced by youth. Veteran Mazive (back-up to Lopes for many seasons) has been sold to Ajax when he started complaining about his game time, he was pretty much 4th choice striker now, and with more prospects coming up there's really no future for him at the club. 

ogvN3Bc.png

sjYrnfz.png

A fantastic, perfect bunch of friendlies with no goals conceded and then we demolished Porto for once in the supercup!

rATEki6.png

In the CL Man Utd will be very tough but top 2 in the group should be very possible, although Dinamo and Salzburg can both at times be difficult.

August 2030

g9j0Jlj.png

Perfect august, although it did not go as smoothly as the pre-season seemed to promise. 

9GOO8Cz.png

The only team with perfect run so far, Porto following not too fr behind. The same can't be said about Benfica and Guimaraes.

7u2WsiK.png

KDPJDam.png

Cristina and me got some more awards to start the season.

September 2030

7jynPoZ.png

A shock defeat made this not a great month, although the other league games were done well and keeping United to a draw in Manchester is not bad at all.

fNhsH5J.png

So we let Porto (and Setúbal, for now) back into it - they both haven't lost yet.

sGHfiA7.png

Not only did we lose the match, but perhaps more damning for this season (and even further?) is this injury that happened in that match. Cumbe is pretty much my only first-team ready left back, and he will now be missing for what, the entire season?

:seagull:

1 minute ago, rodesire said:

been lurking in the shadows but got to comment that has been an astonishing rise!

Cheers man, appreciate it. It has been going well - now the big challenge to make the final step to the top of Europe.

November 2030

november.png

Another perfect month including a 7-0 win over Salzburg in the Champions League and a 1-0 win over United! (We have already qualified as first)

november_league_table.png

6 points lead on Porto, but they're not doing bad this season - and Benfica is doing much better now as well.

Cristina_player_of_the_month.png

Cristina got himself another player of the month award.

lopes_jogador_portugues_do_ano.png

Somehow now the award for best Portuguese player... while in past seasons I think I got the message in march, well. anyway, I don't remember if I showed it in all seasons so here you can se he's won 5 now.

novo_payment_november.png

The first optional payment in the Novo transfer has been done.

December 2030

december.png

A surprise defeat for the second time this season, but otherwise a strong month with two 7 goal performances.

CL_group.png

A great performance in the group...

cl_draw.png

But like last year we have to play Atlético :(

december_league_table.png

3 points left of our lead on Porto...

Nogueira_3rd_best_African_player.png

My GK Nogueira has been voted third best player in Africa, but for some reason no place for him in african XI or GK's of the year??

January 2031

transfers_incoming.png

One new player, a Kosovan midfield prospect.

transfers_outgoing.png

One player gone, AMR Duarte. Not necessarily the highest offer and not the most ideal club because we'll play them soon, but with the other two AMR's at the club (including an 18 year old youth player) there are other players who can very well fill his place.

january.png

A remarkable january - very busy as always, and some very great results. Two 9 goal matches in a row and the biggest win so far this save in a league game nonetheless. But then two losses, so once again not a cup win..

january_league_table.png

And we give Porto a chance a to catch up!

biggest_win_record_january.png

player_of_the_month_january.png

Cristina got himself another player of the month award anyway - but he got injured in the match against Sporting so he'll likely miss at least the first game against Atletico!

Youth Intake 2031

youth_intake_31.png

A pretty good one with a bunch of players to watch out for.

yp14a.png

Interesting player but the AMC position is well stocked.

yp14b.png

The same goes for the MC position really.... but certainly some decent things here, more of a technical midfielder though.

March 2031

march.png

Not a good month at all, overall. Dropped points in 3 different matches and lost again!! to Rio Ave. Did win convincingly in the semi-final of the cup and did enough against Atletico to qualify for the QF's of the CL.

march_league_table.png

So we dropped down to second... albeit on equal points as Porto. Benfica's also only two points behind us.

cl_draw.png

In the CL we'll have to play PSG so I'm afraid this will be the end of our European season......

700_games.png

I had my 700th match this month...

nogueira_record_apperaances.png

And Nogueira is now the player with the most apps for the club in the league (and overall).

cristina_melhor_jogador.png

Cristina won the Portuguese player of the year (2030), overtaking Lopes.

player_of_the_month.png

He also won player of the month.

unprofessional.png

For some reason Rainha has now twice skipped training... and both times he is shocked to be fined? Are you an idiot? Anyway, he's one my key players so I hope this is not going to be thing that'll really impact him or the team

April 2031

april.png

No, not what we needed - lost to PSG and dropped points against Estoril... we did qualify for the cup final though (we'll face Guimaraes).

april_league_table.png

Since Porto keeps winning 2 points behind them, still 2 points ahead of Benfica...

May-June 2031

may_june.png

We did exactly what was needed - win all matches including the exciting final game of the season against Porto! 

final_league_table.png

title_win.png

We have to thank Benfica as well, since they did exactly what was needed of them - they beat Porto in the beginning of the month so that we could play that last game with the advantage of being first and only needing a draw.

managr_of_the_month.png

Got me another manager of the month award as well.

In the end a great end to the season here with two trophies!

PSG just offered 140M for Cristina.... and I rejected it. Not sure now if I did the right thing (especially since right now he won't sign a new deal, his contract runs for two more seasons)

On 10-4-2018 at 06:17, oriole01 said:

Wow, that's an epic final month, especially that rout of a cup final. Unlucky in the CL, but good to see you advancing further there each year.

Yeah thanks, I didn't even go into that cup final but that was awesome. In the CL it's just a matter of getting a (more) easy draw really, or we have to make another step up to be able to beat a team like PSG.

Season Review 2030-2031

Season_Review_30_31.png

We had a pretty strong season again, although we had some mediocre results along the way which meant it was a much more exciting title race than the previous two seasons... but we did really well in the end and got ourselves a cup win as well.

Best_Eleven_30_31.png

Amazing season from Cristina... and his back-up Maralhas has a 7.65 average rating on the bench!

Best_Eleven_overall.png

444 for Nogueira, and Cristina made it to the first team (by moving Pontes to the MC position where he pretty much never played). 

Squad_30_31.png

I am kind of surprised by the player values, they seem really high to me.

European_ranking_4th.png

Up to 4th in the European rankings now, which is kind of surprising to me.

Liga_NOS_2nd.png

And the Portuguese league now up to 2nd in the league rankings.... higher than Spain and Germany.

equipa_do_ano.png

No Lopes or Cristina :herman: but still 6 players in the team of the year.

Cristina was the only one at the club to win any awards this season, so no GK or manager of the year this time around.

cristina_best_midfielder_CL.png

He also had the most assists in the league, and broke three records:

Cristina_player_of_the_match_record.png

Cristina_average_rating_league_record.png

Cristina_average_rating_club_record.png

21 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Still going well, glad the league still seem competitive too

Thank you, yes after two easy years it's definitely back to some more excitement..

Pre-Season 2031

expected_2nd.png

Still predicted to finish second.

porto_fierce_rivals.png

Porto is now a fierce rival... 

pre_season.png

The friendlies went very well again but we weren't very convincing in the supercup... a trophy win nonetheless.

transfers.png

No transfers of note. 

cl_draw.png

Interesting CL group, should be able to qualify but Valencia and Napoli won't be too easy probably.

new_contract_july.png

A new contract as well!

August 2031

august.png

A terrible start! We did have to play Porto, Benfica and Braga, which is ridiculous. But very disappointing to lose two.

august_league_table.png

Benfica and Sporting dropped points elsewhere though, so it's not looking that bad. Still... 11th! 

September 2031

ImFDIJG.png

And back to dominance, a perfect month including two CL wins.

WHattis.png

In to first. Porto dropping points here and there, 6 points behind!

lE296Xm.png

First award of this season.

October 2031

sMoc7Nc.png

Another very strong month.

IQmuPGB.png

At least a lead of 6 points on everyone, 10 on Porto.

6ZgmOoJ.png

3dNfqMr.png

Players dominating the player of the month and I won another manager of the month award.

On 17-4-2018 at 13:12, Dexter_Morgan said:

Good come back after a tough start, was understandable losing those games it probably looks worse as they were close together though

Thank you, yeah the start was rough but still at this point there's really no excuse for losing two league matches in a row.

21 hours ago, cheltenhams_biggest_fan said:

Have loved catching up with this - brilliant career!

One question though - what are the codes after youth players names?

Cheers!

The codes are there to keep track of the youth players - the numbers are for the year they came through (with 1 being the first year of the save) and how well they were rated when they came through (A having had the highest perceived potential that year). So yp1a is the player with the highest perceived potential from the first intake. Just some easy stuff to clearly see which players are youth, when they came through and if they developed better or worse compared to the early signs.

I didn't invent it by the way, multiple others do it on these forums and I stole the idea from someone else, quite useful in a save where youth players are important.

Archived