Scouting

I’m new at this, but I scout by country. With 10 scouts in Premeir League (England) i would hypothetically set up as below...

chief Scout - ongoing next opponent

scout 1 - scout domestic nation (players that can contribute now)

scout 2 - scout domestic nation (prospect focused)

scout 3 - scout domestic region (Scotland/Ireland)

scout 4-8 - scout primary nations (Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland)

scout 9 - scout region (Central Europe)

I always scout regions, and then use the player search screen to narrow the results I want for specific cases.

By scouting regions I'm able to develop the knowledge in multiple countries with just one assignment.

I have assignments for the following:

• central europe
  • south europe
  • eastern europe
  • scandinavia
  • uk & ireland
  • south america east
  • south america west
  • north america
  • netherlands u19 league (I'm managing in the Netherlands that's why)

I'd like to piggyback this thread. I've set up each of of my scouts to scout a specific country with the conditions that they look for players with a maximum age of twenty three and with very good potential. I've also added a separate instruction so that each scout also scouts the U20 or U18 competition in his specific county. Does anybody know how the individual scout will allocate his time? Am I duplicating the instructions by asking him to scout the U20 / U18 competitions?

6 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'd like to piggyback this thread. I've set up each of of my scouts to scout a specific country with the conditions that they look for players with a maximum age of twenty three and with very good potential. I've also added a separate instruction so that each scout also scouts the U20 or U18 competition in his specific county. Does anybody know how the individual scout will allocate his time? Am I duplicating the instructions by asking him to scout the U20 / U18 competitions?

I would just do one or other. I couldn’t get enough results that way fwiw. 

Archived