Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
SortitoutsiVP

Players Unhappy When You're On Holiday..

I usually holiday the game until my next match during international breaks just to speed things up a bit and something that drives me mad is when a player makes a request when you're away. You come back and read through your news and see something like 'Player X unhappy after row with manager X' and It can be for any reason but usually contract or playing time related. Now what of course is wrong here is that you couldn't have had a row with player x seeing as you was sunning yourself on a beach somewhere. Fair enough if a player became unhappy because you had sodded off somewhere but that's not the reason, it'll be because you've refused them a contract extension or not agreed to playing them more regulary, despite not actually being there to talk to the player!

Please can this either be completely removed (players/agents trying to speak to you when you're not around) or worded so that the player in question is unhappy because you're away during the season (personally i'd prefer it to just be removed). As this can also have an impact on the entire squad should any teamates decide to side with him.

Cheers.

On the other hand, perhaps you could avoid sunning yourself during international breaks and actually take care of the club business you're employed to do.  Your other players aren't off sunning themselves and still diligently training / working hard for a living wondering where their boss has gone.

As you say yourself, you're only doing it to speed things up a bit, but the club doesn't stop running just because you happen to be off drinking sangrias.  If SI are developing a simulation game then remove the option to go on holiday, not stop club business just because the manager fancies some sun.

1 hour ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Now what of course is wrong here is that you couldn't have had a row with player x seeing as you was sunning yourself on a beach somewhere.

What's wrong is you were off on a beach not taking care of business.  Player X has thrown his toys out of the pram because he couldn't have a proper discussion with his manager.  Player X is back at base training trying to talk to his manager only to find out his manager who is playing a game called Football Manager isn't managing.

Have I said "manager" enough? :brock:

8 minutes ago, herne79 said:

On the other hand, perhaps you could avoid sunning yourself during international breaks and actually take care of the club business you're employed to do.  Your other players aren't off sunning themselves and still diligently training / working hard for a living wondering where their boss has gone.

As you say yourself, you're only doing it to speed things up a bit, but the club doesn't stop running just because you happen to be off drinking sangrias.  If SI are developing a simulation game then remove the option to go on holiday, not stop club business just because the manager fancies some sun.

What's wrong is you were off on a beach not taking care of business.  Player X has thrown his toys out of the pram because he couldn't have a proper discussion with his manager.  Player X is back at base training trying to talk to his manager only to find out his manager who is playing a game called Football Manager isn't managing.

Have I said "manager" enough? :brock:

I obviously agree that a manager shouldn't be on holiday during the season but then an international player (its usually the bigger players that complain) shouldn't be worrying about a contract issue when away with his nation (especially when its only an improved deal they're after) :herman:

As I've said its not the fact that it happens but more so the wording could be a lot better, rather than lie and say we've had a row just say that player x was unhappy that i was away from the club and not available etc. And I'm quite sure in real life player x would just wait until I'm back before asking for a new deal anyway!

I'm now going back to top up my tan :cool: