Loan Deal - Question

I'm currently playing as Udinese and I'm just starting my second season. Unfortunately I have just lost my best player (De Paul) after my chairman accepted a bid for him that was too good to turn down. I'm looking to re-invest the money sensibly and want to put it towards all areas of the team.

A replacement that I think could be good for him is Moise Kean from Juventus. The player isn't interested in a transfer which is fair enough, but a loan deal could be mutually beneficial. Therefore I had two questions before I continue.

1) There is a playing and un-used monthly fee. What stipulates playing and un-used? If he plays a single minute, then does this count as used?

2) There is an option for a two year loan deal. Which considering that the player has a lot of potential and is developing quickly, could be a really good idea for me. Is there any risk to this? Do the monthly fees change? What if he is offered a new contract?

The current price of the deal (playing) would be £2.8M for the year. Which seems great value, especially if I can get the same rate next year aswell

Thanks in advance!

On 03/03/2018 at 20:51, Luizinho said:

BUMP :D

1) There is a playing and un-used monthly fee. What stipulates playing and un-used? If he plays a single minute, then does this count as used? I'm not sure about this, @Seb Wassell would you be able to answer this one?

2) There is an option for a two year loan deal. Which considering that the player has a lot of potential and is developing quickly, could be a really good idea for me. Is there any risk to this? Do the monthly fees change? What if he is offered a new contract?

The fees shouldn't change in the their monthly figure, it's just a longer loan duration, would be all set out when you negotiate. Even if he signs a new contract, unless there is a recall clause in your 2 year loan (or any loan for that matter) he'd remain at you club for the duration. 

3) Personally I would go for the 2 years, and consider a loan to buy option if its possible. That's enough time for him to change his mind while at you and build a relationship with you

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

1) There is a playing and un-used monthly fee. What stipulates playing and un-used? If he plays a single minute, then does this count as used? I'm not sure about this, @Seb Wassell would you be able to answer this one?

@Ben Kenneymay be your man here.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, FrazT said:

If I remember correctly, someone said in another thread that playing meant being selected in the starting 11.  I am guessing that unused is not getting any game time.

I think that only referred the the squad status/playing time but I may be wrong.

My reading of the loan is that 'Used' means if he appears on the pitch - like the 'Unused Sub' in a contract bonus.

Archived