Sports Interactive Community
Tjorven

Crash on startup after 18.3 patch

i got this error code FM 2018 v18.3.0.1069563 and a crash dump file,

game works fine till i try and go into an actual match then the error box appears. tried it 7 times on different saves and the same thing happens on each one

you re game crash at the begin when you have the music? i was play fine this morning, install V18.3.0 this afternoon and the game crash at the begin... 

sorry for my english

No, i can open a saved game, i can do everything on the save until it comes to a match then it crashes 

30 minutes ago, jiben26 said:

you re game crash at the begin when you have the music? i was play fine this morning, install V18.3.0 this afternoon and the game crash at the begin... 

sorry for my english

I’m exact all the same. Pay money for a game you can’t play through no fault of your own

i was try everything, i don't understand! verify the game on steam, unistall and delete all folder of FM18 and install another (two times), verify my graphic card and driver... if you have any suggestion i take! =)

Appreciate you all trying to help each other out here but can you please try and stick to your own threads from now on. Aware that the errors may appear the same but they are often different. We like to treat every case individually so paths don't get crossed as to what has been looked into. Thanks.

@Tjorven - Have you ever been able to load the game without this issue occurring? Are you running any custom graphics at all such as skins, facepacks, logos? If so, does the same issue occur if you remove them?

Could you please attach your DxDiag to this thread? Information on how to do so is on the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Cheers,
Felix

DxDiag.txt

I have played FM for many years, never had a problem like this before. I was actually playing the game as usual when
I saw that the new patch was out and decided to save and quit my game to update to 18.3. After that, the trouble began.. 

I do use custom logos and tried removing them but to no avail. 

Hi Neil, thanks for the response. 

I tried all your suggestions, even reinstalled the game but the same problem persists. 

I forgot to remove the files in the Editor data file. I did it now, and whatdoyouknow, it works again!
So it seems to have been the custom update-files that was the problem all along. 

Ah righto, glad you've been able to figure it out and thanks for coming back and letting us know.