Sports Interactive Community
Hawkwind

football manager 2018 has stopped working 18.2.2f1055984

Inexplicable crashing with above message . High end pc running windows 10 set graphics detail to max (the machine easily handles it) but it crashes with this error message:   football manager 2018 has stopped working 18.2.2f1055984        Any ideas please?

DxDiag.txt

5 hours ago, cns180784 said:

Think this is what i just had too.

Please create your own thread in regards to your issue, that way no wires will be crossed when attempting to troubleshoot.

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Hawkwind said:

Inexplicable crashing with above message . High end pc running windows 10 set graphics detail to max (the machine easily handles it) but it crashes with this error message:   football manager 2018 has stopped working 18.2.2f1055984        Any ideas please?

DxDiag.txt

What are you doing at the point when it crashes? Is it say when continuing the game, or perhaps during a match?

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons? If so, do you encounter the same issue with them removed?

What graphics quality are you running the game in by default? If it's a high setting, do you encounter the same issue say when running on 'Low'?

How many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

Firstly thanks for responding . Well since my OP I have inadvertently sorted it i think. Have had it on screen since yesterday and no crashes  so here is what i did:-

1. Noticed a dreaded exclamation mark next to" kabylake pci express root port #10" in device manager contacted hp about it and they remote desktopped me and updated the drivers there

2. Decided to ignore the advice one always gets when there is a problem suggesting get the latest drivers....   I went to the radeon site and installed an earlier driver for my Radeon RX 580 Series card that was recommended (so i suspect the one i had was a beta)

Your guess is as good as mine as to which one sorted it out but i document it to help others sort. The first stop is device manager.

Actually ignore my last post it just crashed again...will update with info as soon as i collate it thanks     sorry about this

1. was minimised into taskbar while i wrote some notes it crashed when i brought to the front

2. Am not running anything aside from in game editor

3.Was running game in v high have now set to default which is high and running to see if makes a difference

4. 6 leagues, 11000 players

Okay try on high for now and let us know how you get on. You mentioned a taskbar, are you running in Windowed mode rather than say Full Screen? 

Before i do the above i have been running the game continuously since my last post and its been rock steady- the only thing i have done was to switch to recommended detail, i will continue such (because it seems to be ok now)   i will do the above tomorrow if ok ,and update you then, cheers.

Thanks for letting us know. I will set this thread to resolved for the time being but do of course let us know if you run into this issue again on the latest 18.3.0 update.

Thank you for sticking with me for so long but i was trying to make it fail.  It hasnt happened since changed the setting mentioned. The only issue I have now is that vlc player knocks out the audio when i use it, the only way to get the sound back in FM is to restart it and that workaround works until i load up vlc player. I dont know if its an issue with FM or vlc but the important thing is that the crashing has stopped, Thanks again for all your patience.

Okay glad to hear that you've got it up and running and that VLC conflict sound unusual. Have you tried reinstalling VLC?

Will set this issue as resolved but if you have any further info or update just post here. Thanks. 

Thank you very much. Have found that i had wrong vlc installed (32)bit for 64 and it seems much better now. However the audio is being disabled when wakes from sleeping ..w10, running in windows mode, its not a big bug but its there I can start a new thread on it if youu want but I am happy if you just know there is an issue. Thanks for your patience on here you are diamonds.

When you say the audio is disabled - do you mean with the game running you go into Sleep mode, then when it wakes up, the sound in-game no longer works? Is that correct? 

Yes, that is correct. Also the slider that you get when you open the mixer ,specifically the FM volume slider , disappears completely hence no audio...

Note    Am using windows mode but havent tested it in full screen as it doesnt goto sleep in full screen it seems.Have updated driver on realtek site .  Am connecting the pc to tv thru hdmi.

Edited by Hawkwind

Yes.  To isolate the fault I ran two other games concurrently with FM and put the machine to sleep. When woke pc up the audio was fine on the other two games but missing in FM.

Okay this is an issue we're aware of and one we're investigating. We appreciate you taking the time to raise it here and it's now with the development team. 

Thanks. 

Thank you ever so much. I am happy I havent wasted your time on this one  I guess its ok to close the thread now. Thanks again.