ASH 343 Knap FM 18

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like the real game.

Change mentality to a more defensive setting, stop the WBs attacking, maybe a bit of time wasting.

May be worth using wingers to mark AI FBs.

Just tweak in a match if the AI start causing problems near end of game.

14 hours ago, knap said:

Just like the real game.

Change mentality to a more defensive setting, stop the WBs attacking, maybe a bit of time wasting.

May be worth using wingers to mark AI FBs.

Just tweak in a match if the AI start causing problems near end of game.

Thanks Knap. It's going good for me I just seem to always hit a mid season slump in late october or november on this game where I am constantly drawing nil nil with much smaller teams home and away and the clock just ticks away to ninety minutes with next to no chances and my team seems to be immune to whatever team talk I use before the game.

6 hours ago, knap said:

There are a few tweaks such as push right up - a lower mentality as this looks after ball - drop deeper trying to expand area to work in

or The MRL Tweak tactic

Knap_BlueMatter_Double_Trequartista_Mr_L_tweak_FM18.fmf

Still my favorite tactic for FM18. Not always the most effective, depending on your squad & the opponent, but it's rare that any opposition are going to get a clean sheet against it. 

- On the verge of winning the league.

- Won the Carabao cup

- Into the final of the FA Cup

However this was sickening :mad: :-

CiaWWzH.png

I've tried the Mr L tweak in a couple of matches. It seems to either blow the opposition away or leave you wide open at times but when it works it really works. It's good to use to kick the door down against very small teams at home and then I switch back to Ash for the rest of the match.

Have you got any plans for a defensive, protect your lead version Knap? As you can see from that last result I struggle with it.

31 minutes ago, knap said:

SUS tactics have to be used with care as it can allow the AI back into game.

This would be a full SUS

¬FM18.2.2KnapASH343HSP101SHORTP101SUS.fmf

Cheers Knap. I'll try that out. I ended up winning the league Carabao and FA cup 1st season. Here is my team so far for the second:-

jHiTkrt.png

Everyone was pretty great last season but teams started clamping down on Salah after he got to 20 goals. Firmino managed 36 league goals.

I'm unsure whether to buy one more forward because I still have £130m to spend or to keep the same front 3. They all seem too good to drop.

Although I'm thinking Griezman for Mane as Mane is upset that we didn't win the champions league last season.

Knap - 1 thing I'm starting to notice is that if I use inside forwards who aren't strictly strikers as the AFs they struggle sometimes to score whereas actual strikers not so much. For example I had Mane, Firmino and Salah as my front 3 and Firmino scores a tonne but although Salah and Mane got a lot of goals they did spurn a lot of chances and one on ones. However whenever I put Solanke there as AF he seemed to finish most of the time when he got one on one.

It seems to me that the IDEAL AFs would be someone like Morata, Griezmann, Suarez etc as opposed to Pedro, Marco Reus, Coutinho, Mane, Salah etc. Does that sound right?

Not complaining because it's the best 343 I've used so far on this game. Just an observation.

Knap - What are your thoughts on switching to a flat back 5 when you use the shut up shop tactic? I've been replaying a match against Fiorentina a few times to test it out and even with the shut up shop version they kept getting their wingers in behind my fullbacks when they countered my counter. They seemed to score goals from this quite easily.

The next time I tried it, after I had scored a goal, I switched to SUS and then moved the WBL/WBRs to the DL/DR positions and that seemed to soak up some pressure. Maybe when the opponent plays AMR/AML this could be useful?

On 02/03/2018 at 16:10, knap said:

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

10% is the first or second mark?

And what about match preparation main focus? Match Tactics, Team Work, Defensive Positioning, Attacking movement...?

Breezed through the Serie A with Milan with this tactic. Won the league by about 10 points.

Had a couple of strange results but they seemed to be more to do with random individual mistakes and lucky goals from the opposition which is expected.

Amazing tactic.

•  
  • Members
  •  
  • 5,870 posts

I am using FMT atm but usually use AM for all training, also in full game. This is from last year with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

Tried the latest version (FM18.3.0KnapASH343P104.fmf) in a new Liverpool season with no transfers to see how it competed with the last version. Won the Champions League and Carabao Cup and did my first ever unbeaten season in the Premiership. In fact my season almost looks like a carbon copy of yours Knap:-

H6AHKM7.png

Firmino was the top scorer in the league with 35 goals and Salah was second with 31 goals. Salah also won World player of the year. Super tactic.

I have a question though. My squad is the same as when Liverpool first start but I was thinking about buying a couple of players, namely Thomas Lemar and Alisson Becker and obviously Naby Keita is on the way. I'm wondering though would these players fit in well in the Raw Sienna tactic or would I be best to stick with this and buy players to fit into Ash?

I just felt like a change and was thinking a team like this:-

IIfG421.png

*Matio = Matip

Spurs last night changed to a 3 striker system when Kane went off and were very effective at scoring goals. Lpool have been playing same way but came unstuck with MU playing deep on counter. I would try both and see what gives you the best footie and results.

23 minutes ago, knap said:

Spurs last night changed to a 3 striker system when Kane went off and were very effective at scoring goals. Lpool have been playing same way but came unstuck with MU playing deep on counter. I would try both and see what gives you the best footie and results.

Thanks mate. I know what you mean. Problem is if I buy Lemar and then the tactic doesn't work as well as Ash if I then switch back to Ash there won't really be a suitable place for Lemar. unless I rotate him with Mane.

I was looking at team shape. WOF is driven by TIs and GOODBYE drive by PIs.

Still waiting for the 180 game testing to start. Structured, which is ARGUS, has been doing well for under dogs and can be used in the 451 and 4231 (see GOODBYE 4231 thread). 

2 minutes ago, knap said:

As FMT has not been updated they can only be hotfixes without ME changes.

Yes @knap it's a hotfix (18.3.3). So you think there isn't ME changes?

Says: "As with the previous two hotfix patches (18.3.1 and 18.3.2), there's no specific list of fixes this patch brings on the table as SI haven't provided one, besides the generic "to address some stability issues" reasoning"

Archived