Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
JCB1689

Game Crash on Save

I am getting a crash dump every time I try to save my game. It starts to save and then it crashes.  I have tried to go back to prior saves and start earlier in the game, but it still crashes every time I try to save. Some dump files are below. Any help would be appreciated. 

FM 2018 v18.2.2.1055984 (2018.02.23 12.59.32).dmpFM 2018 v18.2.2.1055984 (2018.02.23 15.10.03).dmp

I'm afraid due to the use of an unofficial editor we can't offer any direct support.

What we would suggest is doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game and starting a new save which has not been edited by an unofficial program.

Sorry about that. 

For what it is worth some people like to be able to scout and see hidden attributes of players, sometime even the players on their team. Until SI develops their own editor people will always use "unofficial" editors. It is something that you should consider for the future.

Further, I feel confident that it was not the editor that caused the problem. I only mentioned it for transparency. The game had previously saved at the same places. I think something malfunctioned with the last update. Since then it has not been able to save. To refuse to look at the dump files because I have used an editor seems unreasonable. There seems to be a real issue with Football Manager itself.

Unfortunately whether it's directly related or not, our policy is not to investigate saves which have been altered with unofficial editors. 

If you want to see hidden attributes of players, you can always buy the official in-game editor. 

What official in-game editor? I have been playing this game for 6 years and have never seen an in-game editor, though I have longed for one.

Edited by JCB1689

There were previously some issues when purchasing the game through Steam rather than via the game which have now been resolved. The IGE works and is an officially supported product.