Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
BCFC_Mike

Save Game Problem

I've come across this.

Feb 2022, my save has bizarrely disappeared from the games folder within the save location - however surely I should be able to overwrite a previous save or save to the cloud? 

IF this save is well and truly destroyed, that'll be it for me and FM. Not having all that time wasted.

I can still continue the save as it stands as I've changed the auto-save settings. Everything is pointing to the correct locations etc, this has just appeared out of the blue. 

I've also checked the recycle bin, tried restoring saves etc, no luck.

Any ideas?

Anti-virus disabled etc.

A save game can't be removed unless it is manually removed via a user. Just to confirm, have you actually checked the folder location outside of the game? 

Would be here by default: C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games

Yep, I’ve checked there - my location is different though as I keep all my FM stuff within but my SSD. 

I’ve tried using multiple recovery programs to see what deleted files could be found, my save game was not among them. 

Strange thing is, I tried overwriting previous saves in an effort to get the game to save, and that would cause them to disappear from my games folder once I was promted by the error.

anyway, never mind. Damage is done, disappointed hugely and not sure when I’ll get back to playing FM after losing all that time.

Edited by BCFC_Mike

And just to confirm, this is linked to the error message of the original thread I posted in. Why was I not able to create a new save? Or write over an existing save? It was not solely about the file disappearing, it was the fact I was not able to save the game at all.

Yeah of course that sounds like an issue that you couldn't save, but there are potential troubleshooting steps for that. The save disappearing entirely is something that can't really happen so a lot more concerning.

I know it's disabled, but what kind of anti-virus program do you have installed? 

Also can you please post your dxdiag? Details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Thanks.