Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
phillgriff2

Game Crashing on startup (stagging)

The issue looks specifically related to the graphics card, so we'd suggest the following and seeing if it makes any difference:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hi Neil

I've unistalled both the graphics card and the intel graphics, restarted and then windows reinstalled them. The game still won't load. It goes through some of the pictures on the load then it stops.

Just to confirm when you uninstalled the AMD drivers, did you remove all aspects of AMD software, like say the Catalyst Control Centre or anything else listed via the programs within your Control Panel? 

On 3/1/2018 at 09:08, Neil Brock said:

Just to confirm when you uninstalled the AMD drivers, did you remove all aspects of AMD software, like say the Catalyst Control Centre or anything else listed via the programs within your Control Panel? 

Yes I uninstalled the Catalyst Control Center in control panel  and I went into device manager to remove the AMD and Intel Drivers. When the laptop restarted Windows update downloaded the drivers again and reinstalled everything.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself at any point? Any save games are left untouched during this process.

Let us know, thanks. 

Hi Neil

I have uninstalled fm18 and the catalyst installer via control panel. I've uninstalled the intel and amd graphics card via device manager.

Upon reinstall I've reinstalled fm 18. Windows has installed the intel graphics but not the main graphics card. I can start the game up but once the game loads gameplay is very very slow.40 minutes to play 1 game.

Once the graphics card driver is loaded again it doesn't work. I therefore think it's a graphics card update or  steam.

I've reinstalled fm 17 and have the same problem. Can't play either game. The last time I could play was mid February. Was there any updates around then?

Thanks

Phill

Edited by phillgriff2
added info

Okay avast! has been known to cause issues with the game, especially after an update so it'd be worth doing as described via our link below - as it is still shown as installed via your Belarc. In the section under the bolded bit, essentially you need to turn on Windows Defender, uninstall avast (as disabling or adding exceptions can still leave conflicts) then uninstall and reinstall FM. As said all the info is below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

It definitely looks like an ATI issue related to aticfx64.dll - any chance you can try reading and following the instructions listed in this link and see if they help? - https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/advanced-mirco-devices-inc/amd-inc-radeon-directx-11-driver/aticfx64-dll/

Again let us know, thanks. 

Hi Neil

I've tried to do these steps. On step 1 I had an error message which I have attached a screen shot for. This might give some insight to what the problem is.

I've installed a registry cleaner as suggested but it didn't do anything. I've done the other steps except no 2. I wouldn't know if I was doing something wrong by manually altering registry. No 7 has been done before and 10 I have already been done.

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by phillgriff2