Sports Interactive Community
spahicasim

Players and staff last names changed after saved game

-I have experienced this problem today after I have saved a game that I have been playing with Everton. Everything was ok and after restarting the game, last names were changed.

-I have continued playing for several matches and hoping that the last names would revert to correct ones, but that was not what happened. First name of the players are correct, pictures (of the ones that do have them) have stayed the same, but the last names of both staff, players and myself as a manager have been altered.

-Below are few screenshots:

image.thumb.png.bd203da0b4855c2625dfd949326e887d.png

image.thumb.png.de70f57e96ec461ab1fa76239dc6ffb5.png

-And as I said, even my last name is changed to my e-mail with which I am registered to Steam:

image.thumb.png.30eb7b84dcf5226ca1bcbfbf946a98d9.png

-Save game has been uploaded to your FTP under the name AsimSpahic-changed_last_names.fm

-Please advise how this issue can be fixed since my last auto-save is from the beginning of the season, and I would prefer not to start the season all over again.

-At your disposal if anything else is required.

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Have you scanned  your system with your AV at any point whilst the game was open?

Do you have any backup saves? If so, do they have the same issue? 

Let us know, thanks. 

Hi Neil,

Yes, I do have AV and it is AVG Free Version. 

Computer has been scanned in the morning when the issue has occurred, but not while the game was opened. I ran the game after the scan was completed.

As for the backups, they also have the same issue.

Best,

Hi,

Any updates on how I can fix my issue? Is there any chance that I can have correct names in the database while continuing the game?

I have attempted with adding additional league but that did not help.

Hi Felix,

I have completed all three steps and it did not help, last names have stayed the same - incorrect.

Is there any other potential solution of the problem? Could the fact that the save game is in the cloud change anything or the fact that AV is on?

The problem is, however it happened once the player names were corrupted in that save they can't be fixed. Aside from giving the player's nicknames there's not really anything you can do for the save.

If you make sure your anti-virus exceptions are setup for FM and Steam you would be extremely unlikely to encounter this again from a new save game.

Apologies about your current save.