The Official FM09 - Should I Buy Or Should I Sell Thread

Liam =D

This thread is for you to ask fellow members of the forum whether to buy or sell a player. No Arguing, just helpful comments!

Please use the following format when posting...

Buying/Selling:

Player Name:

Your Team:

Buyer/Seller:

Player Value:

Offer:

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season:

Thanks!

*Also, I kinda robbed Arsenal_2111's thread, so sorry, but there wasn't one and I needed to use it :p

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Example...

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Rafinha

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Schalke

Player Value: £6,000,000

Offer: £17,500,000

Transfer/Wage Budget: £22,000,000

Patch: 9.00

Season: First

Any advice? I desperatly need a right back :p

Player Name: Ashley Young

Your Team: Man City

Buyer/Seller: Aston Villa

Player Value: 6.75 million

Offer: 6.75 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 73.15 million (48.45 left)/ 1.63 million p/w

Patch: 9.00

Purchased Barry from Villa and Young got ****ed off and asked to be transfer listed at which point Villa offered him out and currently it seems the entire mid-table of the Premier league has made an offer for him (Spurs, Man city, Bolton, Newcastle, West Ham, Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Sunderland).

Player Name: Gareth Barry

Player Value: £9mill ish

Offer: £24.5m + Gelson Fernandes (They won't take anything less)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £30m (Spent some)

Patch: 9.0.0

Season: 1

Player Value: £9mill ish

Offer: £24.5m + Gelson Fernandes (They won't take anything less)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £30m (Spent some)

No deal Fernandes is pretty good.

No deal. Barry is not worth that much. Have a look at Diarra or Veloso.

haha, if thats the case my £30 million signing of Barry for City was ridiculous!!

already Signed Veloso but City have shocking CM's! Johnson and Ireland are poor compared to real life!

Player Name: Razvan Rat

Your Team: Birmingham City

Buyer/Seller: Shakhtar Donetsk

Player Value: £3.5m

Offer: 2.7m

Was transfer listed already and on previous version when i've played as Shakhtar is a brilliant player thats why bit surprised to see him transfer listed.

• 2 weeks later...

Buying: Buying

Player Name: Cabral

Your Team: Lyon

Seller: River Plate

Player Value: £750K

Offer: £3Million

Transfer/Wage Budget: N/A

Patch: 9.1.0

Unsure weather he is worth it or not, need to strengthen a few positions so I need a cheap-ish CB who will be solid. Stat-wise he looks good enough although no world beater, what do others think?

Screenshot:

Cabral.jpg

Cheers.

Player Name: Gomis

Your Team: Sunderland

Buyer/Seller: St. Etienne

Player Value: £5.75 million

Offer: £10 million over 24 months plus 50 percent sell on (this is the best I could get)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £14 million

Patch: 9.0.1

Season: 1st season

Really need a striker for Sunderland someone who can put the ball in the back of the net and partner either Kenwyne Jones or Cisse depending on which one is fit. This is the only offer they will accept, should I do it?

HoPeY - I would go for it I might give him a look on my Sunderland game if I fail to get Gioda, might get him even if I do get Gioda though.

Thandui - I think thats a lot of money but if its the only position you need to strengthen then go for it, didnt realise Spurs had so much cash!

AcidBurn:

Gomis is a good little player on FM09, his only downside is he gets caught offside alot! So I would suggest you tell him to "un-learn" that if you do buy him.

As for the price, you can usually get him for £8Million with a 50% sell on clause. However if you say that's the best you can get then I would still accept. He will get you goals mate, I'd say deal. :thup:

Cardozo is another option, he can be brought for around £6Million!

----

Thanks for your advice btw :)

Buying/Selling:Buying

Player Name:Gabriel Milito

Your Team:Liverpool

Buyer/Seller:Barcelona

Player Value:10.5M

Offer: 20M

Patch:9.01

Season:1ST

I need an answer asap if possible his stats look good but hes 27

Or i could get Chiellini for 12.25M

23drd23

Any replacement lined up? Mutu is a good player but he is getting on elsewhere. I'd be tempted to sell him and buy someone younger for alot less than that.

Not anyone in particular. I have Balotelli on loan and can use that cash to make the purchase, but otherwise ive not really found anyone to my liking. Do you have anyone to recommend?

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Matt Murray

Your Team: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Buyer/Seller: Crystal Palace

Player Value: £850k

Offer: £1.1m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Wages 8k p/w over budget

Season: 08/09

He's always getting injured, but he's still reasonably young for a goalkeeper, but i'm almost promoted and i doubt he'll be much good in the prem either.

Also

Player Name: Lomano Lua Lua

Your Team: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Buyer/Seller: Some team who's name i forgot

Player Value: 350k

Offer: End Of Contract

Transfer/Wage Budget: End of Contract

Season: 08/09

Do you think it's possible he can perform in the prem? Scouts say he'd be a great signing but i'm still a championship team, so i don't know if he'd make the jump.

Thanks!

Molineux_Wolf

- I'd sell Matt Murray, that's a good offer and if he is always getting injured that's another reason to cut your loses.

- Unsure what Lua Lua looks like on FM09, what are his wage demands like? If there not too high he might be worth a risk but I would only really see him as a rotation/squad player not a key player for your EPL adventure.

Molineux_Wolf

- I'd sell Matt Murray, that's a good offer and if he is always getting injured that's another reason to cut your loses.

- Unsure what Lua Lua looks like on FM09, what are his wage demands like? If there not too high he might be worth a risk but I would only really see him as a rotation/squad player not a key player for your EPL adventure.

Yeah, as for Murray, i think i might use his transfer fee to buy Ron-Robert Zieler from Man Utd who has been amazing for me this season.

And as for Lua-Lua, He's asking for 2.3k a week, which i don't think is too bad considering Bobo Balde wanted 27k lol :)

Think i'll risk it before Reading make an offer.

If you can get Balotelli for sure with the funds raised by Mutu's transfer I'd go for it, although I must admit I rate Mutu highly his age is the only slight problem which is why I'm saying sell. :thup:

Ive decided to keep him in the end as Mutu is the best player on the team atm. Im hoping that ill make enough from Champions League gate revenue (and some sales of peripheral players) to be able to pay for Balotelli and the end of the loan.

Thanks for your input though, HoPeY

Player Name: Kevin Doyle

Your Team: QPR

Buyer/Seller: Reading

Player Value: £2.9million

Offer: £7.6million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8.9million

Im looking for a goal scorer because i dont think Rowan Vine or Patrick Agyemang have what it takes. Ive got Angelo Balanta and Victor Moses but they are both prospects whereas i need a goal scorer now. I personally think this is too much to pay for Doyle so if you think the same do you have any suggestions on who i could buy instead?

After ive signed Victor Moses, Eduardo and Tordoya i will have £8.9million left. I am looking at loaning Gibson as well.

7.5m for Rooney With 50% of next profit sale. And Saviola, Drenthe, Torres, Higuain??

7.5m up front.

50% of profit from next sale.

Javier Saviola.

Miguel Torres.

Royston Drenthe.

Gonzalo Higuain.

I have bought Lennon for 9mill and Capel for 11mill. And swapped Huddlestone for Fletcher.

Screenshot below.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Manchester City, Juventus, Inter, Barca

Player Value: £8,250,000

Offer: £16.25

Transfer/Wage Budget: N/A

Season: 1 (January)

need urgent help :D

Archived