Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kane10

football manager 2018 18.2.2f1055984 (staging)

Hi , While i am trying to skip to the next day ,game crasches and i get this 18.2.2f1055984 (staging) error.It happens at the same date.But somehow i managed to skip that day for one time and now i have another crashing date.If i save the game before that day i may advance to next day without problem.This happened to me in 2 saves.One with editor file one without.

I do not use any graphics.I deleted caches.I turned off antivirus program.I reinstalled the game and windows.I checked graphic card updates.No fix.

My laptop:Asus ROG GL553VE Intel Core i7 7700HQ 16GB 1TBHDD + 128GB SSD GTX1050Ti Windows 10

I just bought the laptop i may miss something.(i can play other games without problem)

Hi, 

i have got the same problem. I'm not using editor, it is happening in few saves on random dates.

My laptop: ASUS X550JX-XX102H i7-4720HQ/8GB/1TB HDD/WIN10/GTX950

What graphics quality are you running the game on by default via your in-game preferences? If you lower the quality down to say Medium or Low, do you encounter the same issue?

Can you please post your dxdiag for us? Details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Also how many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

i tried high and medium graphic quality , nothing changed.I played like 7 months without problem one time.What i was doing saving the game every week.Last time i tried to save the game.I get the same error.And now i can't open my save.(''The save game could not be loaded'').It was like 7-8 leagues and 36.000-40.000 players.

DxDiag.txt

Do you have any backup saves? If so, do these load without error?

If you don't have any backups, you can try restoring a previous version of the save following the instructions listed in the FAQ below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Okay it'd be worth seeing if you can restore your save as suggested above.

It'd also be worth seeing if you can re-save those other saves (try using the FM -> Save As' option and renaming the file to make sure there's no corruption of the save game). 

Also try saving on 'Low' and seeing if it makes any difference. 

Keep us updated. Thanks. 

If you're only having issues with saving, then would suggest as a workaround just then for now.

One other thing you can try to see if it's the cause is disabling v-sync:

- To do this, right-click on your desktop and go to 'Nvidia Control Panel'
- Under 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings, scroll down to the bottom of 'Global Settings' and make sure 'Vertical Sync' is set to off. (By default it will be set to use the 3D application setting)
- It'll also be worth checking 'Program Settings' on the same panel on the other available tab and make sure that Football Manager's vertical sync setting is set to 'Use Global Settings' or is set to 'Off'.

Try as above (in the graphics quality level you've been having issues) and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.