Loving FMT again....because I’m playing FMT17

Had an op recently which means a few weeks off work. FMT18was doing my head in so I tried 17 again. Reminds me why I love this series so much. It made me think the biggest issue with 18 is the ME. 18 also has more bugs than usual but the game is all about the match and the ME for 17 just seems better. Can anyone explain why a years development can be a retrograde step, is it personal interpretation or is thee something else going on here? 

Also why don’t SI bring in an annual update (maybe for £5) for older games so if we love one more than another we can still play with the right players. I understand it might mean people don’t buy the new version but I don’t think it woukd cannibalise sales too much as people will always want to buy the new version. It might actually mean an extra revenue stream..

• SI Staff
20 hours ago, steam just is said:

I wonder. There seems to be some movement from SI suddenly if you look at the bugs forum. 

I hate knocking a game which is usually so good but we have to be honest about 18....

Nothing weird about this, I just finally had a bit of time to properly go through the bugs forum - only just seen this thread so I can assure you it's unrelated. :D

I agree Prej. It’s tough. SI for obvious reasons wouldn’t prejudice their position by admitting something’s gone a bit askew. It’s the difference between having your steak perfectly done or just undercooked. It’s barely perceptible and you’re unsure to send it back but you know it’s not quite right.

I’m giving it another go after the update. The match still looks it’s being played on fluorescent green ice. The highlights at the end of the match have arbitrarily disappeared and i don’t fully trust the analysis. If I concede 5 goals to Bournemouth in 10 first half mins again then I’m sacking it off as a screwed up ME. 

But.....i am beginning to like FMT18....my opinions are more changeable than Trump!

Actually I was kind of enjoying FMT 18 after getting fed up with Morale Manager 18 aka the full version.

Now I just find out one of the tactics I been using which has been very successful is merely a bug exploit in the ME and SI has yet to address it. Quite depressing. 

On 3/5/2018 at 20:05, steam just is said:

I agree Prej. It’s tough. SI for obvious reasons wouldn’t prejudice their position by admitting something’s gone a bit askew. It’s the difference between having your steak perfectly done or just undercooked. It’s barely perceptible and you’re unsure to send it back but you know it’s not quite right.

I’m giving it another go after the update. The match still looks it’s being played on fluorescent green ice. The highlights at the end of the match have arbitrarily disappeared and i don’t fully trust the analysis. If I concede 5 goals to Bournemouth in 10 first half mins again then I’m sacking it off as a screwed up ME. 

But.....i am beginning to like FMT18....my opinions are more changeable than Trump!

Well, maybe SI is just starting to enjoy its monopolist status and devoted fanbase. I mean, there's no real alternative on the market and SI knows, that we'll buy the next game even if they release a bugfest like FM18.

Next thing you know is them starting to add lootboxes, although they'd need to fix the in-game store first for that to work.

Yh I’ve dropped 18 again. Same problems reared up pretty soon.

Vive la 17. Do us a favour SI and release a data update for 17. I’ll even pay for it. Still off after my op, exhausted Netflix, gf can’t taken any more days off work and I’m not going to read a book!!

Archived