Can a female manager get a son in the youth intake?

hace 8 minutos, steph61620 dijo:

The above question.

the only difference between a female and male manager is that people reffer to you as "she" instead of "he" and some other interview about being a women, so i think it is possible

Edit: i somehow imaged a female manager being desesperate going to assist her injured son and trying to slap the player that made that happen :lol:

Edited by WorcesterLegend

I've seen a real life player in my squad (Ben Brereton) get a newgen brother for the first time last week.

that was odd. Assume it happens all the time but never noticed it before.

The simple answer is that so few players have female manager personas that it's never been done. Let's hope you are the first and report in with your good news. We'll whip out the cigars!

FWIW I create my own team with my wife as chairman, me as manager and our son as 15-year old academy player. Problem is she keeps selling our boy!

An interesting question... how would a female manager identify a son easily without clicking everyone? Same surname does not necessarily work unless

a) "you" are married already when adding manager with the assumption of a surname change

b) "you" are a single parent that your son inherit your maiden name

Otherwise if you assume yourself to be single and go through a typical family building process, it's difficult to know who your son would be :lol:

• 1 month later...
hace 3 horas, Smkx_Muldoon dijo:

What are the odds on getting an in-game son? I've never seen one. I heard a rumour you have to be at one club for 10+ years?

In FM15 I once had a regen have a brother in the youth take.

for the odds i think is more likely to get a wonderkid with near world class stats than a son...as for a son to appear your in game manager has to be 35 years+, your son will appear in

A: the team you are managing if your have a lot of years there

B: a team you recently managed that you managed for a lot of time

C: a team of one of your nationalities (more likely to happen for journeymans i guess)

those are the 3 i have read about in most forums, maybe i missed one or maybe it is possible for your son to be in a random obscure league?, i would cry if my son happens to appear in the non playable leagues...

There's no 'have to play a certain amount of seasons'. The only requirement is your age, which is maybe around 35?

i'd presume football manager would just give your son the same surname as you as a female

someone in this topic did had a point...does the son gets a random surname from a random father? (maybe a coach or a retired player?) or the game kind of just give the son your surname since you are an independant woman that just happened to have a child with random man that dissapeared from existence? xD

Edit: i want to make the experiment, since i have almost no time even for my main save i think i will need some time for results...please someone feed my curiosity to not "waste" my time reloading youth intakes just to get a crappy son that has no skills to even play on oceanian teams xD

En 23/4/2018 a las 9:01, Smkx_Muldoon dijo:

n FM15 I once had a regen have a brother in the youth take

i got a wonderkid yesterday that was the brother of a crappy newgen that is playing right now for Hereford in the conference, talk about being the black sheep of the family xD

Slightly off topic, but what are the odds for regens to have in game brothers? Recently in my save i was checking my players' favoured personnel and noticed that one of them had a brother that was 3 years younger than him. Anyone else had this happen?

hace 18 horas, Jakarooney dijo:

Slightly off topic, but what are the odds for regens to have in game brothers? Recently in my save i was checking my players' favoured personnel and noticed that one of them had a brother that was 3 years younger than him. Anyone else had this happen?

maybe a 1% for every player? i have seem 3 in my principal save and im at 2030 right now, is not as rare as a son but is rare, normally one of the brothers is crappy and the other is more talented...they can be both crappy but never both talented (jk i know it can happen)

4 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

maybe a 1% for every player? i have seem 3 in my principal save and im at 2030 right now, is not as rare as a son but is rare, normally one of the brothers is crappy and the other is more talented...they can be both crappy but never both talented (jk i know it can happen)

One is a leading player for a premier league side and the other a decent player, so it seems I got quite lucky.

On 23/04/2018 at 14:01, Smkx_Muldoon said:

What are the odds on getting an in-game son? I've never seen one. I heard a rumour you have to be at one club for 10+ years?

In FM15 I once had a regen have a brother in the youth take.

Not sure on the validity but I have read before the odds are around 10,000-1. That would make sense as I've never had one in my FM games and I sure haven't played 10,000 seasons either.

hace 15 horas, Nobby_McDonald dijo:

Not sure on the validity but I have read before the odds are around 10,000-1. That would make sense as I've never had one in my FM games and I sure haven't played 10,000 seasons either.

that odd adds up for each newgen, so any newgens that appears in game has a 10.000-1 chances to have one...you have around 15? i don't even remember how many newgens appear at each intake, but i guess that reduces it to about 1500-1, that means i have been extremely lucky to get 3 in 12 seasons .-.

2 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

that odd adds up for each newgen, so any newgens that appears in game has a 10.000-1 chances to have one...you have around 15? i don't even remember how many newgens appear at each intake, but i guess that reduces it to about 1500-1, that means i have been extremely lucky to get 3 in 12 seasons .-.

A FM17 thread in the Careers section mentioned he had 2 sons, i.e. a pair of brothers, in a few years, so I guess it is all down to luck! I never have a son or bothered to check siblings for everyone though...

• 4 weeks later...

I am female and played as a female manager back with FM2007 or so. I got a son once, and he appeared in my youth squad with my manager's unusual last name and my manager on his list of favored personnel. (Oddly, I don't think he appeared on my manager's list of favored personnel…)

He was a full back and kind of average, haha! I'm trying to remember what his first name was but I think I've forgotten…something plain like Tim.

Edited by cpea
clarity
1 hour ago, cpea said:

I am female and played as a female manager back with FM2007 or so. I got a son once, and he appeared in my youth squad with my manager's unusual last name and my manager on his list of favored personnel. (Oddly, I don't think he appeared on my manager's list of favored personnel…)

He was a full back and kind of average, haha! I'm trying to remember what his first name was but I think I've forgotten…something plain like Tim.

Back in FM2007 there was no female manager option though - so either the game assumed you were male at the time, or it was a slightly more recent version than that once they added the gender option.

hace 2 horas, Haiku dijo:

10.000-1 to have a son?! That's ridiculous if true, it should be something like 5-1 if we follow real life.

how many sons of managers actually play in league football?

i get that as a person that is a professional in terms of football will want his son to play football, but lets be honest, even if your son wants to be a footballer if he is bad he IS bad, so first you need to apply the 5-1 for having a son, then the 10-1 of him being interested in football then the 10000-1 of him actually be good enough to be pro

2 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

how many sons of managers actually play in league football?

i get that as a person that is a professional in terms of football will want his son to play football, but lets be honest, even if your son wants to be a footballer if he is bad he IS bad, so first you need to apply the 5-1 for having a son, then the 10-1 of him being interested in football then the 10000-1 of him actually be good enough to be pro

What league football? Zidane alone has 3 sons and a nephew already in FM, most of them worthless.

hace 1 minuto, Haiku dijo:

worthless

exactly! the one that is a keeper i think is the best of the 3, and i think he is 4th or 5th in real madrid, now anyone else?...i think you can count them with your finger how many son of manager are active right now as a player

hace 5 minutos, Haiku dijo:

What league football?

that how the first 4 tiers of the england pyramid are called

33 minutes ago, WorcesterLegend said:

that how the first 4 tiers of the england pyramid are called

But who said that your son has to be good enough to play in league football then? There's a lower football than that in FM, and the kid can start as a U18 player anywhere and to retire if he can't live up the football standards in FM and stays unemployed for a period of time. We're discussing the frequency of managers having sons who play football at any level and the mentioned chance of 10.000-1 seems far-off the reality to me.

hace 8 minutos, Haiku dijo:

But who said that your son has to be good enough to play in league football then? There's a lower football than that in FM, and the kid can start as a U18 player anywhere and to retire if he can't live up the football standards in FM and stays unemployed for a period of time. We're discussing the frequency of managers having sons who play football at any level and the mentioned chance of 10.000-1 seems far-off the reality to me.

maybe they are told they are not good enough before reaching 18 so he can go to college and be a doc or a PE teacher?

On 24/02/2018 at 13:22, phnompenhandy said:

FWIW I create my own team with my wife as chairman, me as manager and our son as 15-year old academy player. Problem is she keeps selling our boy!

Hahaha,:lol: made me laugh! 

On 22/05/2018 at 11:41, Spurs08 said:

Back in FM2007 there was no female manager option though - so either the game assumed you were male at the time, or it was a slightly more recent version than that once they added the gender option.

Ah, I must have misremembered the version, thank you for correcting me. I do remember my manager icon being different (longer hair silhouette) so I think there was a female manager option in the one I played. Journalists would ask about it when I started the game, too.