Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Syze

FM16 Crash Dumping On June 19 2017

For some reason my game has started doing this. I have spent a year making my DB and it was working fine, I have holidayed and tested it for 20 years. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting preferences, removing custom graphics, uninstalling and reinstalling. It crashes when the game reaches June 19 2017. I can't holiday through it. I've created new games and it still happens. I'm devastated. Please help.

Unfortunately, that does sound very much like a database error, especially if it happens in a new game.  Date-specific crashes on older game versions have usually been fixed by patches.  If you had made a handful of changes, then SI may have been able to check it.  If, as it appears, this is a database with comprehensive changes, then I am not sure if they would look at it on an FM 16 save.  Is there anyone in SI or in the Editor's forum that you could ask?

It's not just a save game, it happens when I create a new game. And this is a fun I have uploaded for others and it is fine for them, I have received downloaded it myself and it still crashes.

I'm desperate for a solution, I have spent a year of my life on this.

Did you reverify the game files in steam after uninstalling and reinstalling?

Yes. Even more frustrating, I found a slightly older version of the DB that works, but now when I add to it I get XML parsing errors.

Try this:

f you receive an XML error message upon launching the game, we would suggest completing the following troubleshooting steps:

First of all, make sure the game is closed before you proceed.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

- Click ‘Start’

- Select ‘Computer’

- From the header, select ‘Organize’ dropdown

- Select ‘Folder and Search Options’

- Within here, select the ‘View’ tab and make sure ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ is selected

- Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016

- Delete the Cache and Preferences folder

For Windows 8 and Windows 10:

- Click ‘File Explorer’ from within the taskbar (or click ‘Desktop/Start’ then type in ‘File Explorer’)

- On the header click ‘View’ and make sure above ‘Show/hide’ that ‘Hidden Items’ is ticked

- Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016

- Delete the Cache and Preferences folder

Once you have completed these steps, launch the game.