Club reputation

Got a "stupid" question about club reputation.  Is the reputation score of a club is only updated at the end of a season or is it updated day-to-day during the season? 

Case in point about this, my team (VNL) was expected to make 1st round of FA Cup this year but, draw in 2nd a win Stevenage that i went by 5-2 and 3rd round win against a struggling Birmingham 1-0, i am now in 4th (which will be the last cause i play Manchester City).  I guess that i would get some points for those wins "above expectations" (or is it only for me as a manager that get some?).

Thing is, i am fighting for promotion and there is 2 players that i have targeted for signing to improve my squad significantly (and are already suited to play League 2).  Since they are both "Dubious", i didn't offer the contracts because i was scared they'd turn me down flat hence, making another try would be more difficult ("Stop bothering me, i said no before!"). 

Hence, the question about rep being updated on a day-to-day basis (at least for cups).

It’s not day to day, that would likely kil most user’s cpu. IIRC it can change periodically during a season based on particular events such progressing to latter stages of a high rep cup competition but they will tend to be modest fluctuations while the major changes tend to happen mid-season & at the end of the season.

hace 1 hora, Rien102 dijo:

Got a "stupid" question about club reputation.  Is the reputation score of a club is only updated at the end of a season or is it updated day-to-day during the season? 

Case in point about this, my team (VNL) was expected to make 1st round of FA Cup this year but, draw in 2nd a win Stevenage that i went by 5-2 and 3rd round win against a struggling Birmingham 1-0, i am now in 4th (which will be the last cause i play Manchester City).  I guess that i would get some points for those wins "above expectations" (or is it only for me as a manager that get some?).

Thing is, i am fighting for promotion and there is 2 players that i have targeted for signing to improve my squad significantly (and are already suited to play League 2).  Since they are both "Dubious", i didn't offer the contracts because i was scared they'd turn me down flat hence, making another try would be more difficult ("Stop bothering me, i said no before!"). 

Hence, the question about rep being updated on a day-to-day basis (at least for cups).

it happens normally after a cup finish or the season is over, but the reputation for getting to those rounds as a non league team is not that much, i mean, i once got to 5th round being in the 5th tier and i didnt get that much of a boost, just enough to be a mid-low team of the 5th tier in terms of reputation, being the worst in the league (had teams that relegated  and like 3 or 4 teams from tier 6 over me)

hace 27 minutos, Rien102 dijo:

@Barside@WorcesterLegend

Just got that message: image.thumb.png.d2ce3e3bec7b6b02f9b1b9075e6c5eba.png

Other than the money (sweet! 240k! :brock:) It's canadian dollar currency btw], does the fact to be on the telly for FA Cup boost the club rep?

*sees hereford*

must...hate...jk xD

i dont think that has something to do, i mean, lets say you are a Manchester resident or a manchester follower in say...Spain, you see the game and City crushes an tier 5 team, would you start to follow that team?...personally i would not, ooooh but somehow Hereford Makes a wigan like game the same as yesterday, that can actually make some guys look at your club, at least until you get defeated down the road and they just remember you as "that team that won against us in the FA Cup"

mmmhhh.... well, I honestly don't expect to win this you know, but i am working to make us lose by 1 point at worst (a 1-2 loss would good since we could say «We went down fighting»).  But ofc, if we get slaughtered 10-0, i would probably not follow that team either...

But i take it that, let's say i get a close loss (or even a draw) on the telly, it might be a good moment to offer the contracts, striking the iron while is hot kind of approach..

tks for the tips

Archived