Sports Interactive Community
Dragonfister

18.2.2f1055984 (staging) error - no crash dump, just grinds to a halt

Hi,

Having the same problem as a number of others, just started happening last few playing sessions. The game runs fine for a while, then mid-match will suddenly grind to a halt. No crashing to desktop just lists 18.2.2f1055984 (staging) on windows task manager.

No changes to any of my settings before this started happening, reducing graphics etc. removing custom graphics etc. makes no difference. I use Avast free antivirus, and Malwarebytes - no changes to these either recently, and having them off makes no difference.

Dxdiag attached below.

DxDiag.txt

What graphics quality are you running the game in by default via the in-game preferences? If you change the setting to 'Low' as a test, do you still encounter the crash?

Also how many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

I've always run the graphics on high, changing to low did not make a difference the game still locks up at a random point mid-match. On one test I managed to run through a whole game on medium, but then locked up in the next match.

I'm running 36 leagues with a 90k database. Not sure this is an error but on my add/remove leagues screen all of the leagues have "Current nation" on their tab.

Thanks

Can you try on Low for the time-being and see if it makes any difference as a test? Let us know, thanks. 

Did anything else change or update in that time? Glad it's resolved, but would be good to know whether it was just the update or whether any other programs/devices etc had any other kind of change.

Let us know, thanks.