Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Dog 83

don't want new patch - please help

Hi lovely people. I am loving a game I'm playing at the minute. I really don't want the next patch to mess it up. Is there any way I can stop the game updating? I've tried putting steam in offline mode but I get an error message that says I can't open the game as steam is offline. Is there anyway of not updating or playing in offline mode? 

I was going to suggest the offline mode, hopefully someone can sort that for you soon. But until then what about disconnecting from the internet when loading up Steam to prevent the update? Not sure if that would work for you. 

Is there not an option about keeping the game auto updated? 

From my experience so far, it appears that steam will let you play offline as long as there is no update pending, but if there is one, will not let you connect to the game till you go online.  Personally, I feel this is wrong on so many levels, but we are stuck with this

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

From my experience so far, it appears that steam will let you play offline as long as there is no update pending, but if there is one, will not let you connect to the game till you go online.  Personally, I feel this is wrong on so many levels, but we are stuck with this

If you disconnect from the internet whilst you start steam and the game, and then reconnect once it is loaded, I think this gets around this (you used to be able to do the same thing to play the same game on two different computers at the same time, so maybe they closed this loophole). 

13 hours ago, The Dog 83 said:

Hi lovely people. I am loving a game I'm playing at the minute. I really don't want the next patch to mess it up. Is there any way I can stop the game updating? I've tried putting steam in offline mode but I get an error message that says I can't open the game as steam is offline. Is there anyway of not updating or playing in offline mode? 

How will the new patch mess your game up?? If its tactics wise, tweak your tactic. 

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

I was happily playing in offline mode when 18.2 came out and had no issues playing. Though I don’t think I ever closed the game down.

Cheers for the replies people. I'll just turn the Internet off on my computer until it's loaded. Thanks guys ☺

1 hour ago, Preveza said:

How will the new patch mess your game up?? If its tactics wise, tweak your tactic. 

Everytime I get something going the new patch messes it up. Got a beast 4231 so I don't want a new patch choking it