database setup advice?

im looking for some database setup advice....

so, say im looking on managing one teams, would i get longevity if just that league was playable then say 5 european leagues (the main ones) as view only ? 

would the players in them leagues develop the same or less? would regens be affected? 

or am i best say loading all top leagues in europe as playable then a couple more as view only? 

should i focus much on star rating ? 

i am looking for long term save so dont want my game to be crawling after say 10 seasons so i am a bit wary of loading up too many leagues! 

15 hours ago, dannyrefc said:

im looking for some database setup advice....

so, say im looking on managing one teams, would i get longevity if just that league was playable then say 5 european leagues (the main ones) as view only ? 

would the players in them leagues develop the same or less? would regens be affected? 

or am i best say loading all top leagues in europe as playable then a couple more as view only? 

should i focus much on star rating ? 

i am looking for long term save so dont want my game to be crawling after say 10 seasons so i am a bit wary of loading up too many leagues! 

The only difference between loading a league as view-only and not loading it at all, is that you get to see the league table and other statistics. No extra players are loaded in a view-only league, other than players that would have been loaded anyway (i.e. higher reputation players). In this sense, there's little benefit having a league as view-only.

If you plan on staying with 1 team, I would strongly suggest having nearby countries loaded as playable. For example, if you intend to be based in Germany, I would say to also load Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and Austria, and load whichever divisions are relevant.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, when you load a country as playable, not only does it load players from that country, but also higher reputation players in nearby countries. That is why I always try and have 1 country loaded as playable from each continent/region in order that the database size is increased. Also important is the database size that you choose. I prefer the large database size, as the more players are loaded, the more transfer options there will be and the more transfer movements will take place.

I can't really speak about the rate of development of players in non-loaded leagues, but I believe the level of football and of coaching and training facilities, allied with matchday exposure, are all much more important than whether a league is loaded or not.

Finally the star rating is an indication and is not to be considered the be-all and end-all. If you have a couple of applications running in the background when starting a new game, then the rating will be much lower than it really is.

Hope this helps.

Archived