WHAT? WHO? WHEN?

So I was taking a look through my Clauses for potential in/out fees, and I noticed something really strange. A player whom i'd never heard off, who had gone to Brighton, and I had a shed loads of potential money coming through. 

5a844a961f00c_ScreenShot2018-02-14at14_38_08.thumb.png.d602fcc3e7de9e8c58b7c72b4ee3374c.png

I mean look at the potential income! Every single 10 appearances he makes I get a ton of money. 

5a844a9c1113e_ScreenShot2018-02-14at14_38_13.thumb.png.460d9e3e5d2c432b32e25456ed04edbf.png

So I did a bit of digging...

5a844aa5133e3_ScreenShot2018-02-14at14_38_20.thumb.png.d86a4267db24d8d760fc4653b169f1e8.png

His stats looks good and he's a very young regeneration from last year. 

I got a scout report.

5a844aab12792_ScreenShot2018-02-14at14_38_25.thumb.png.9393a9dee0adf6469a49c2b0f4cb0331.png

Potential is huge, so who, what and when did this happen.

5a844aaf71bc3_ScreenShot2018-02-14at14_38_29.thumb.png.5bf8b3206d0e56aaee8ba7918277042a.png

No fee stated, really weird!

I was thinking maybe during my last youth intake they got him before I even had a chance to know anything. But there was nothing in my last report for youth intake, and I'm very heavily involved in all my youth decisions so it would be up to me to finalise and offer contracts!

What do you reckon guys? A bug? Am i missing something?!

• Administrators

Players can be signed from your club prior to them getting into the youth intake. Check the date within his History -> Milestones and you'll see the exact date he was signed.

Happens a fair bit IRL when players are signed from other team's youth academies. In FM as we're not allowed to represent players under a certain age this kind of transfer does happen but happens 'behind closed doors' so to speak. 

i got this in my carrer in FM17 too, the guy got to my team with a trial contract (no youth intake, just trying him out since he had 2 yellow and 3 black stars) he was "stealed" from by a team in my division, after some time i got the clausule stuff and i was like "who is this guy?" then i remembered after i looked at his previous teams and my transfer history, maybe a bug, but i dont think the rules say something about trial contracts having a compensation fee or anything...

hace 20 horas, sporadicsmiles dijo:

Can you sell those clauses? A huge money boost instantly if you can! Why wait to see if he reaches that many games for the club!

i dont think thats possible, i had those for more than 4 years and never got the option to sell them, and i do look sometimes since i like to put 50% of next transfer and buy the clausule to get the money if i feel is too risky to wait and lose that money

5 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

i dont think thats possible, i had those for more than 4 years and never got the option to sell them, and i do look sometimes since i like to put 50% of next transfer and buy the clausule to get the money if i feel is too risky to wait and lose that money

That is a shame. I was not sure how they worked. It would have been very nice.

hace 18 horas, Stfc mason dijo:

You can sell some clauses relating to appearances. I know Chambers and the Ox have sell-able appearance clauses on my Arsenal save so I am not really too sure what dictates whether these clauses can be sold/buy out or not.

normally one of the x number of clauses for every player is buyable/sellable, since this is most likely a bug maybe you can't buy/sell this kind of clausules, with the guy i have this problem never got the "$" simbol that tells you this, the guy has like 5 years in that team so i dont  think is possible for this kind of situations

Archived