Sports Interactive Community

Okay, when you save how do you do so? Via auto save or manually? When you exit the game, do you 'Save and Exit', or do you normally save then exit separately? Do you ever shut your system down with the game still open, or go into hibernation or sleep mode?

When you do shut your system down, do you click Start -> Power -> Shut Down, or do you just hold down the power button?

Do you have any backup saves? If so, do they load? 

Also do you have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type? 

You may find you can restore a previous version of your save by following the instructions found in our FAQ here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/136_technical-support/142_pc/my-save-game-no-longer-loads-r441/

By default the Cloud save can be found here - C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\cloud\games

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay, when you save how do you do so? Via auto save or manually? When you exit the game, do you 'Save and Exit', or do you normally save then exit separately? Do you ever shut your system down with the game still open, or go into hibernation or sleep mode?

When you do shut your system down, do you click Start -> Power -> Shut Down, or do you just hold down the power button?

Do you have any backup saves? If so, do they load? 

Also do you have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type? 

You may find you can restore a previous version of your save by following the instructions found in our FAQ here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/136_technical-support/142_pc/my-save-game-no-longer-loads-r441/

By default the Cloud save can be found here - C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\cloud\games

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I shut down the system from start->Power-> Shut down... alway

I do have old backup saves 2 seasons behind, they load up perfectly

I use Windows Defender

There are no previous versions on this file. don't know why though. i'm +250 hours into the file 

On 14/02/2018 at 09:20, Neil Brock said:

Did the file definitely finish saving to the Cloud? Can you please upload your save game which does not load to our FTP and let us know the file name? FTP details here - 

Thanks. 

uploaded as it crashed again, called Lyngby BK.fm to your ftp /fm/game-save

Hi @OldDirtyBingoCaller I have got your save and it also isn't loading for us here. The mostly likely cause is that the file has become corrupt during save or just after. I would advise when saving to the cloud, as you said you are, not to close down your machine until it has finished uploading in steam. This will be indicated next to FM18 in the steam library with a blue percentage. At this stage I would assume that to be the most likely cause. If you don't have any previous version of that file then unfortunately that particular save game is lost.

If those are not loading it it will more than likely be the same issue. It would be worth going back to an earlier save you have, unless you always overwrite when your save?

Ok, upload those to the ftp anyway then and I'll take a look, but the chances are if they aren't opening and you can't restore a previous version like is mentioned on the page below then unfortunately those will be lost as well.

3 minutes ago, Luke Rumble said:

Ok, upload those to the ftp anyway then and I'll take a look, but the chances are if they aren't opening and you can't restore a previous version like is mentioned on the page below then unfortunately those will be lost as well.

ok, thank you.

they are called;
Lyngby BK (New)-3

Lyngby BK (New)-2

Lyngby BK (New)

appreciate you trying!

Yeah unfortunately they are also not loading for us. If you were to start a new game and save it to the cloud and wait for it to upload once you leave the game are you able to load that without any issues?