Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
MizzianinJ2

Game crashes whilst saving

Hi, I've been playing a Football Manager 2018 online save with my mates and we've made good progress, however the game has recently started crashing for no reason and this includes when I most recently attempted to save the game. The save bar got halfway before an error occurred, sending us back only about a week or so but the two games in that time were incredibly important and we got good results. My question simply is, is there any way I can recover the part of the game that saved before it errored?

I'm afraid only a full save would be retrievable, a half completed save wouldn't have the data to be able to restore it. Apologies about that.

To confirm, when you tried to save the game, what happened exactly? Did you receive any kind of error message or warning? Were you saving on the same day as a match day? If so, was it before or after a match took place?

Has this ever happened before in regards to the game crashing whilst saving?

Also, can you please post your dxdiag for us so we have more information about the machine you encountered this on? Dxdiag details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Thanks.