Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cartopis84

Award Voting \ Golden Generation

Ok So I Have 2 Questions-

1- Does award voting for like the world golden ball and stuff still happen? because whenever I go to that page its always black even right before the announcements .

2- How hard is it really to get a golden generation? Because as Manchester United I have the highest rep in the world plus top facilities, coaches etc and I still haven't gotten it.

any help appreciated thanks

I got a golden generation in my first youth intake with Chippenham in the Vanarama South! 

The second happens alarmingly often, had it 2 seasons in a row with Gremio.

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I got a golden generation in my first youth intake with Chippenham in the Vanarama South! 

3 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

The second happens alarmingly often, had it 2 seasons in a row with Gremio.

Wow so do you think that it happens more with lower level teams? bc I'm at 2025 and once I reloaded on youth intake at least 25-30 times and I never got it lol

think there is a lot of luck in it. you also have to remember that a 'golden generation' in real life often has a span of 2-3 years age difference. using your man u example, there is a 3 year age difference between Giggs and Phil Neville i think? 

1 hour ago, lemeuresnew said:

think there is a lot of luck in it. you also have to remember that a 'golden generation' in real life often has a span of 2-3 years age difference. using your man u example, there is a 3 year age difference between Giggs and Phil Neville i think? 

thats true, good point

4 hours ago, Cartopis84 said:

Wow so do you think that it happens more with lower level teams? bc I'm at 2025 and once I reloaded on youth intake at least 25-30 times and I never got it lol

Not necessarily lower teams but I guess it is harder to have a golden generation when your current generation is exceptional

I've had it too with Aberdeen, I have philosophies set around young talent and increased all youth coaching as far as possible, don't know if that has made any difference

2 hours ago, Gribster said:

I've had it too with Aberdeen, I have philosophies set around young talent and increased all youth coaching as far as possible, don't know if that has made any difference

well yeah, of course it has. it won't make it a definite, but the better facilities give it a better chance of happening. speculate to accumulate :)

13 hours ago, lemeuresnew said:

well yeah, of course it has. it won't make it a definite, but the better facilities give it a better chance of happening. speculate to accumulate :)

I was referring to the philosophies

5 hours ago, Gribster said:

I was referring to the philosophies

same thing. youth philosophies = more likely youth investments. youth investments = better chance of good players

On 2/11/2018 at 01:04, Geordieboy52 said:

Not necessarily lower teams but I guess it is harder to have a golden generation when your current generation is exceptional

Well I do think thats the problem. My first team is usually around 160-170 CA plus so ig it will be difficult for even more talented players to come through.

Youth intakes are a lottery.  Improving facilities and the like just buys you more tickets for said lottery.  You're still probably not going to win.  There is absolutely nothing you can do to force a "win"

A golden generation is relative to your senior sides quality, say you have an average CA of 100, an intake with four of five players with perceived PA 100 +/- would be marked as a golden generation.

With the likes of Man Utd, a golden generation is very unlikely as you'd need a handful of players with massive potential to come in at once.

Totally agree with the above post.  The class of 92 obviously stands out but remember, at the point Man U were not the force they would become.

Not trying to necessarily be contrarian.....but I always thought the 93-94 double winners were better than the Beckham, Scholes, Butt group, definitely more exciting to watch at least imo, with the insanely fast breaks they used to make on the wings especially.

I know Giggs was in that team, I always thought he was tacked on to the ‘92 narrative to bolster it and just my opinion but I think he was never as good later as he was in those early years when he was out of this world good.

The mid/late 80’s Arsenal group are always overlooking unfairly imo when talking about golden generations. Adams, Rocastle, Thomas, Merson, (also Keown and Niall Quinn) were outstanding in two title teams (including losing only 1 game in 90-91) until George Graham broke up that team.

Edited by sfg

I didn't get a golden generation but I did get four players in the span of 3 years who are all 5 star potential, plus two more players who are my rotation players in Juventus. So now, I have 6 academy players in my 1st team roster with trhee of them contributing seriously for the team. I believe this can be qualified as a golden generation of talent..